Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Cinquanta Wants to Eliminate Short Programs

International Skating Union President Ottavio Cinquanta of Italy is suggesting radical changes in figure skating, including the abolition of the short program and making the individual performances in all five of the sport’s disciplines last the same amount of time.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...5064.story?567

vCash
    WTF is wrong with this man?

vCash
    We should get rid of different distances in speedskating. All athletes are probably the best at long distances, so no need to let them also gain points (or in their case medals) from shorter ones. Although it sounds like he wants to kill some of speedskating too.

And quite honestly, among all the crazy talk. This might be the craziest.
    -- Keeping the judges anonymous so “nobody can detect which score has been decided by which judge.”

-- Redefine and perhaps rename the senior age category.
    OMG! It is the junior age category that causes so much misunderstanding, not the senior one! (At least in the US, where most int. juniors are domestic seniors. Other countries may not have this problem.)

vCash

vCash
    If Speedy wants it, he'll get it, I am sorry to say.

vCash
    Getting rid of $peedy would be the most positive change in the sport right now.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Isn't this really where the sport has been shifting for years now? Especially once they adopted cop, the LP just really became a double length SP. What's the point of it really, it's lost it's entire original intent. Whatever we thought we had in the "free skate" we lost years ago, slowly chiseled away at until cop killed it for good.

vCash
    I am not going to travel long distances to watch skaters do one program each (exhibition excluded, since I don't care if I miss those). Skaters on skating shows like Friggin' Stars on Ice do two programs.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Oh, this isn't an early April fool's...

Getting rid of the SP and combining Jr/sr worlds just sounds like a plan to save money. Does that mean the ISU loses money for each extra day f the championships? Do the ad sales and ticket sales for the SPs not cover the costs of holding them?

If they get rid of SD ice dance would truly lose the tiny bit of dance it has left.

vCash
    Ugh. I think this calls for figure skating's independence from the ISU stat. It makes no sense for a speed skater who admittedly knows little about figure skating to preside over it, and vice-versa for a figure skater about speedskating should that ever happen.

vCash
    Back during the 6.0 days, I would have been up in arms and protesting in anger. Now, I find the SP to be sort of redundant and am no longer sure what the point of if it is anymore. They need to seriously restructure it to make it more distinguishable from the LP or get rid of it. Even the SD has moved away from dancing and rhythms and become a canvas for couples to just do COP-recognized elements.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Some of those "ideas" in that article are completely moronic. Even the speed skating ones have me beyond miffed.

vCash
    http://s29.postimg.org/hodes0u7r/capture1.jpg

yes.. kristi.. speedy is for real..

vCash
    Interesting. I didn't realize he hated skating so much.
    Gone crazy. Be back soon.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What? This has to be some bizarre early April Fools Day joke. Even the speed skating remarks are ridiculous! Way to kill two sports with one idiot!

vCash
    How in the H-E- double hockey sticks did this clown ever get such power? He wants to leave a legacy? He will be remembered as the man that killed figure skating. (he is already over halfway there)

vCash
    Eliminate Cinquanta before he eliminates skating.

vCash
    & the comments about no other sports having more than one "event" are factually inaccurate. Examples include numerous track & field events like decathlon, etc. & gymnastics all around. Keeping judging anonymous is contrary to resolving complaints about how figure skating is judged. Then, complaining about the lack of country representation in speed skating while reducing that in figure skating through qualifying rounds, scores,etc. I think he may have lost his marbles! Ugh.

vCash
    WTH is this man smokin? It's like the ramblings of a mad man. Damn straight he'll kill 2 sports at once. 2 that I happen to love. Hasn't he done enough damage? Step aside please, like now! God I hope no one is listening.

vCash
    WHAT IS THIS CRAP??? Can't he be impeached or something? IDGI.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast