Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, that is great to hear and I believe she is doing the full CSOI as well this year. Fingers crossed for her that she is not reinjured and can take full advantage of these opportunities as well as get in the training for next season. It must be so wonderful for those still competing, young skaters to travel and learn from the true showmen and veterans of the sport.
    pug lover

vCash
    CBC interview after the FP (might be geoblocked outside of Canada): http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/fig...#id=2445581341 Aww, poor kid.

Sorry if I came across as overly negative. Not disappointed in her at all, just disappointed for her. It’s been a tough year, and she’s done remarkably well. I’m so thrilled she was finally able to get the 3flip-3toe combo in a program. And a great big gorgeous one at that. Looking forward to seeing what she has in store for us next season.

Also very much looking forward to seeing her in CSOI in May. Any thoughts on which programs she’ll do? I’m guessing Sweet Charity & Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Well, she came through for Canada in the team event and skated away with an Olympic silver medal so she had her best skates (as I recall) when she had the most at stake.
    Not to mention getting 2 women's spots for Canada at Worlds last year and at Jr. Worlds the year before that.......
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I really think that touring with all those seasoned skaters will do her the world of good. I'm sure she'll get a lot of good advice from them. It's probably a matter of getting the adrenals under control during comps......and doing more comps which she couldn't do this year. I'm sure she'll be up and at'em next year barring further injury . Canadian ladies are beginning to "rock"
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I hear that Kaetlyn is in toronto this week at the Glencoe Club working with Shae-Lynn. Potential choreographer change?

vCash
    New show program for SOI?

Banned Member
    vCash
    I love her hips (for now) but I don't think it is necessarily good for figure skating.

Anyway, when Marchei skated to her long program this season I didn't believe it, but if only Kaetlyn skated to that program, oh god, I would totally take a moment, if you know what I mean.

vCash
    Shae and Kaetlyn sounds like an awesome collaboration to me!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    I hear that Kaetlyn is in toronto this week at the Glencoe Club working with Shae-Lynn. Potential choreographer change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    New show program for SOI?
    Probably is a show program for SOI. Shae just did one for Joannie last month, so it makes sense that Jo would suggest Kaetlyn give her a try as well. Good stuff. Will be very curious to see how it turns out.

vCash
    Yes, she is working on her exhibition program with Shae-Lynn. https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/statu...17347254865922

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Glencoe is in Calgary; Granite is in TO.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Photo from the ice show Kaetlyn appeared in this past weekend: https://twitter.com/guerreraxo/statu...76873649074176 Oh my. Will be very curious to see the program that goes with this outfit!

vCash
    ^^^ Looks interesting. Maybe some rock dance?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    ^^^ Looks interesting. Maybe some rock dance?
    Probably correct. Apparently the show theme was "Legends of music"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Photo from the ice show Kaetlyn appeared in this past weekend: https://twitter.com/guerreraxo/statu...76873649074176 Oh my. Will be very curious to see the program that goes with this outfit!
    I believe Shae-Lynn choreographed the program. She was probably involved with the music and outfit design as well

vCash
    I believe this is a photo from this past weekend :

https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/statu...206208/photo/1

vCash
    Has anyone seen her showcase program with this costume? A friend of mine who lives in Quebec went to the Laval carnival on the weekend and called me after and was "shocked" at the program. She said it was "inappropriate" for children (she had her two girls 6 and 8). Just wondering if anyone else has seen it and what their opinions are?

vCash
    Kaetlyn will be visiting her hometown of Marystown during the Easter holiday: http://www.gulfnews.ca/News/Local/20...-coming-home/1

I posted an interview with her longtime choreographer, Lance Vipond, in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...r-Lance-Vipond
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8hrd View Post
    Has anyone seen her showcase program with this costume? A friend of mine who lives in Quebec went to the Laval carnival on the weekend and called me after and was "shocked" at the program. She said it was "inappropriate" for children (she had her two girls 6 and 8). Just wondering if anyone else has seen it and what their opinions are?
    I guess it is for individual taste. I also know people at the Laval show and they told me to look at this video as it is the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdj5O-Xl-bs They all said they loved it and it was very entertaining.

vCash
    I guess it also depends on your age and what you expect from an ice skating show: G, PG-13 or 14A?

vCash
    I guess I'll wait to see it myself and form my own opinion

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast