Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    There's just something different about her. I can't see her skating to weak, soft music. She's so dynamic on the ice so I like her skating to strong music. I can't wait to see her upgraded short program too. She'll probably upgrade her long program (whatever it will be) for next year, providing she stays healthy.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    There's just something different about her. I can't see her skating to weak, soft music. She's so dynamic on the ice so I like her skating to strong music. I can't wait to see her upgraded short program too. She'll probably upgrade her long program (whatever it will be) for next year, providing she stays healthy.
    Well, you and I agree. But maybe as she matures she will be able to do the truly haunting bittersweet music well too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to get to by being so confrontational, that her jumps are absolutely perfect? Look, I'm a big fan of hers and I'm obviously not trying to nitpick, but I do think there are improvements she can make with regard to the jumps, which to me appear wild and out of control at times, despite the nice air and ice coverage they get. I was just looking for a way to explain why that is, be it physical condition or technique.
    Nobody's jumps are absolutely perfect. And although hers are great, her coach is the one best suited to find out what could be improved and how to go about it - not message board posters who don't see her train every day.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Just popping in to wish KO two great skates.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    They don't seem to have any issues...
    Good. It gives me the giggles that she and Jennifer Robinson have both represented Canada, and they are as different as night and day.

vCash
    Kaetlyn Osmond sets sights high at world figure skating championship
    Edmonton-based skater finished 13th at Olympic Games
    BY NORM COWLEY, EDMONTON JOURNAL MARCH 24, 2014 7:42 PM
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...357/story.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I hope she pulls off personal bests in both the short and long regardless of where she places! Good luck, Kaetlyn!
    Exactly my wishes too.

Right now placement is irrelevant for me; selfishly I want two perfectly-skated programs so that they can be added to my personal collection of great programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Kaetlyn Osmond sets sights high at world figure skating championship
    Since returning to Edmonton, she has altered her short program, changing her triple-triple combo to a triple flip-triple toe and switching a triple flip to a triple Lutz “because I feel more comfortable doing the higher triples and having a challenge for worlds.”
    She sounds confident. Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Right now placement is irrelevant for me; selfishly I want two perfectly-skated programs so that they can be added to my personal collection of great programs.
    ITA. It's been a difficult year for her. No better way to finish of the season than with two well-skated programs, and then wherever she places, she places. I just want to enjoy watching her skate.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.
    Totally disagree with this, especially about Tessa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.
    I know what you mean, though. It's not uncommon with Canadian ladies skaters, who tend to have more athletic builds than skinny, waify ones. Even though in person they're very small, on tv they look a bit more "solid". Karen Preston was like that, too...although I think she was shorter than Kaetlyn.

vCash
    I seem to recall that the Hughes ladies weren't exactly tiny waifs, in fact they were much larger around than Kaetlyn. She's actually very slim in person.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    KO is extremely slim in person as is Tessa. It is really awful that some skaters have legs like sticks. Core strength and strength training is key to hold jumps!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I seem to recall that the Hughes ladies weren't exactly tiny waifs, in fact they were much larger around than Kaetlyn. She's actually very slim in person.
    I don't know about Emily, but Sarah wasn't large at all. She was very small. It's just tv making some body types look thicker than they actually are. Like you said, Kaetlyn is very slim, too. Most (all?) figure skaters at that level are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    KO is extremely slim in person as is Tessa. It is really awful that some skaters have legs like sticks. Core strength and strength training is key to hold jumps!
    ? How is that awful? So people can't have skinny arms legs and be healthy and phenomenal at what they do? Most Asian and European skaters fall into this category, that's why I'm confused.

BTW, Kae looked slimmer at the OLYS. I'm glad she got back in shape after her time out.

vCash
    I haven't been able to find anything about her practices. I guess she's too far under the radar to bother with and that's ok.....no pressure.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    ? How is that awful? So people can't have skinny arms legs and be healthy and phenomenal at what they do? Most Asian and European skaters fall into this category, that's why I'm confused.

BTW, Kae looked slimmer at the OLYS. I'm glad she got back in shape after her time out.
    It can be difficult to watch when a skater is as skinny as Yuko Kavaguti or Vera Bazarova for example, maybe that's the extent to which the poster was referring.

There are a couple skaters on the world scene so skinny that you're fearful to look at them because you think they're going to snap in half. Those kinds of skaters are few and far between though.

vCash
    Vera provides me with thinsperation, but she needs some of Kaetlyn's muscle. She has some problems completing the jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Vera provides me with thinsperation, but she needs some of Kaetlyn's muscle. She has some problems completing the jumps.
    "thinspiration" is what is wrong with the world. vera has openly struggled with eating disorders - this isn't something to envy. kaetlyn is strong and healthy - much more something i'd want to emulate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    "thinspiration" is what is wrong with the world. vera has openly struggled with eating disorders - this isn't something to envy. kaetlyn is strong and healthy - much more something i'd want to emulate.
    Not to get off topic too much, but I didn't know that about Vera. There's a lot of extra pressure on pair girls to stay really thin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    It can be difficult to watch when a skater is as skinny as Yuko Kavaguti or Vera Bazarova for example, maybe that's the extent to which the poster was referring.

There are a couple skaters on the world scene so skinny that you're fearful to look at them because you think they're going to snap in half. Those kinds of skaters are few and far between though.
    I do find it difficult to watch when there is no form or figure to their legs and wonder whether its part of their food habits that have caused it.
    I know that Asians can have really skinny legs but they can put down a lot of food. Have good asian friends.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast