Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    #2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

    Best of luck to Kaetlyn at worlds.
    Hoping for a top eight finish and two great programs.

  2. #2
    aka IceSkate98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in the Twilight Zone
    Posts
    7,009
    vCash
    12630
    Rep Power
    92255
    I'll second that! Best wishes for a great skate at Worlds, Kaetlynn!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

  3. #3
    Canadian ladies über
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    I'm on the fast track!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,308
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5716
    Good luck Kaetlyn! She must be feeling good about her preparation if she's willing to go for the triple flip triple toe! I can't wait to see how she does.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31302
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I think TheIronLady is saying that her form could be tighter in the air, giving her faster rotations, which I sort of agree. Her jumps are big, but also quite wild, and the rotations quite slow. I think having a tighter air position would make the jumps easier to land, improving her consistency.
    I think TheIronLady is saying she has a big bubble butt which is slowing her down. Which is ridiculous.

    And if Kaetlyn didn't have tight form in the air, she wouldn't be landing triples at all, ever.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Kaetlyn looks much smaller in person than she does on TV. I was at nationals this year and the difference was huge, she's incredibly fit and could not safely lose 10 lbs. I'm not sure why TV is so harsh on her, it might have something to do with her body type.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Kaetlyn looks much smaller in person than she does on TV. I was at nationals this year and the difference was huge, she's incredibly fit and could not safely lose 10 lbs. I'm not sure why TV is so harsh on her, it might have something to do with her body type.
    How is TV "harsh" on Kaetlyn? I think she looks just beautiful on camera, her body strong & athletic. IMO the posters who brought up the "weight" topic have a hidden agenda -- they're pretending to be KO supporters but they're really here to criticize & bully.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Thanks Emdee for staring the thread. Timely post Sochi. Hoping a great quad for Kaetlyn, Canada's sweetheart!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    How is TV "harsh" on Kaetlyn? I think she looks just beautiful on camera, her body strong & athletic. IMO the posters who brought up the "weight" topic have a hidden agenda -- they're pretending to be KO supporters but they're really here to criticize & bully.
    Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.
    Me too!
    That girl is drop dead gorgeous. Her eyes twinkle with fun!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    SW Ontario
    Posts
    1,762
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38383
    Can't wait for worlds to start....if Kaetlyn can make top 8, that will be a huge boost and set her up nicely for next season. Hopefully, an injury free season.
    There is just something special about this skater; even with all the amazing Russian and American girls, I still find Kaetlyn by far the most interesting and engaging.
    Not sure if she will ever make the world podium, as she's up against so many strong skaters, but I am sure going to enjoy watching her try!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I think TheIronLady is saying she has a big bubble butt which is slowing her down. Which is ridiculous.

    And if Kaetlyn didn't have tight form in the air, she wouldn't be landing triples at all, ever.
    A lot of triples are landed, with better or worse technique. I'm not saying Kaetlyn has bad technique. But another poster did point out that her bigger bone structure around the shoulders could be contributing to her larger / slower rotations, which is just physics.
    Last edited by shine; 03-24-2014 at 01:34 AM.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31302
    "Bigger bone structure"? Bigger than what, a grasshopper? This is getting more and more absurd. Kaetlyn does not have abnormally sized shoulders, even for a skater. And even if she did it wouldn't make as much difference to her skating as some of you seem to think.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    West of the 5th...
    Posts
    29,339
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    41928
    I hope she pulls off personal bests in both the short and long regardless of where she places! Good luck, Kaetlyn!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    612
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm just excited to see her short program with extra technical content. She really sells that program and I was a huge fan of it at Skate Canada and then the Olympics further blew that away. She is ultra sexual in the middle part for lack of a better term

    I also hope the extra post-Olympic training has helped with FS stamina. That's a beautiful sets-a-mood program when relatively clean.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I'm just excited to see her short program with extra technical content. She really sells that program and I was a huge fan of it at Skate Canada and then the Olympics further blew that away. She is ultra sexual in the middle part for lack of a better term

    I also hope the extra post-Olympic training has helped with FS stamina. That's a beautiful sets-a-mood program when relatively clean.
    Sultry? Sensual?
    Last edited by rvi5; 03-24-2014 at 06:35 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    612
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Sultry? Sensual?
    OOPS yeah those are much better words

    Apparently I need a vocab. lesson

  17. #17

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    4,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    "Bigger bone structure"? Bigger than what, a grasshopper? This is getting more and more absurd. Kaetlyn does not have abnormally sized shoulders, even for a skater. And even if she did it wouldn't make as much difference to her skating as some of you seem to think.
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to get to by being so confrontational, that her jumps are absolutely perfect? Look, I'm a big fan of hers and I'm obviously not trying to nitpick, but I do think there are improvements she can make with regard to the jumps, which to me appear wild and out of control at times, despite the nice air and ice coverage they get. I was just looking for a way to explain why that is, be it physical condition or technique.
    Last edited by shine; 03-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walking to Work
    Posts
    25,842
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    32560
    Are her skirts always that short? Personally, I think she's kind of foxy, but I'm wondering what Skate Canada thinks of her.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    West of the 5th...
    Posts
    29,339
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    41928
    They don't seem to have any issues...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,571
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Her style of skating is full of personality so I dont think she could do the demure rose very well. However I think she would be good at character programs, comic programs and the sultry that she does so well. I think as she grows as a skater her repertoir will expand. I know the bond girl has been done but she could really do well at a program like that. I could really see her doing W&P's Maria de Buenos Aires once vocals are allowed or even Concerto de Aranjuez which could be hauntingly beautiful. Just my 5 cents

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •