Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

#2 KAETLYN OSMOND : CANADA'S SWEETHEART

Best of luck to Kaetlyn at worlds.
    Hoping for a top eight finish and two great programs.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I'll second that! Best wishes for a great skate at Worlds, Kaetlynn!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Good luck Kaetlyn! She must be feeling good about her preparation if she's willing to go for the triple flip triple toe! I can't wait to see how she does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I think TheIronLady is saying that her form could be tighter in the air, giving her faster rotations, which I sort of agree. Her jumps are big, but also quite wild, and the rotations quite slow. I think having a tighter air position would make the jumps easier to land, improving her consistency.
    I think TheIronLady is saying she has a big bubble butt which is slowing her down. Which is ridiculous.

And if Kaetlyn didn't have tight form in the air, she wouldn't be landing triples at all, ever.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Kaetlyn looks much smaller in person than she does on TV. I was at nationals this year and the difference was huge, she's incredibly fit and could not safely lose 10 lbs. I'm not sure why TV is so harsh on her, it might have something to do with her body type.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Kaetlyn looks much smaller in person than she does on TV. I was at nationals this year and the difference was huge, she's incredibly fit and could not safely lose 10 lbs. I'm not sure why TV is so harsh on her, it might have something to do with her body type.
    How is TV "harsh" on Kaetlyn? I think she looks just beautiful on camera, her body strong & athletic. IMO the posters who brought up the "weight" topic have a hidden agenda -- they're pretending to be KO supporters but they're really here to criticize & bully.

vCash
    Thanks Emdee for staring the thread. Timely post Sochi. Hoping a great quad for Kaetlyn, Canada's sweetheart!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne7 View Post
    How is TV "harsh" on Kaetlyn? I think she looks just beautiful on camera, her body strong & athletic. IMO the posters who brought up the "weight" topic have a hidden agenda -- they're pretending to be KO supporters but they're really here to criticize & bully.
    Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazy View Post
    Harsh isn't the right word, you're right. I meant that, while most skaters will look a little smaller live, for Kaetlyn the difference is much bigger. Tessa Virtue is another one in this category. I agree Kaetlyn looks gorgeous on TV and I would love to have a body like hers.
    Me too!
    That girl is drop dead gorgeous. Her eyes twinkle with fun!

vCash
    Can't wait for worlds to start....if Kaetlyn can make top 8, that will be a huge boost and set her up nicely for next season. Hopefully, an injury free season.
    There is just something special about this skater; even with all the amazing Russian and American girls, I still find Kaetlyn by far the most interesting and engaging.
    Not sure if she will ever make the world podium, as she's up against so many strong skaters, but I am sure going to enjoy watching her try!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I think TheIronLady is saying she has a big bubble butt which is slowing her down. Which is ridiculous.

And if Kaetlyn didn't have tight form in the air, she wouldn't be landing triples at all, ever.
    A lot of triples are landed, with better or worse technique. I'm not saying Kaetlyn has bad technique. But another poster did point out that her bigger bone structure around the shoulders could be contributing to her larger / slower rotations, which is just physics.
    Last edited by shine; 03-24-2014 at 01:34 AM.

vCash
    "Bigger bone structure"? Bigger than what, a grasshopper? This is getting more and more absurd. Kaetlyn does not have abnormally sized shoulders, even for a skater. And even if she did it wouldn't make as much difference to her skating as some of you seem to think.

vCash
    I hope she pulls off personal bests in both the short and long regardless of where she places! Good luck, Kaetlyn!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I'm just excited to see her short program with extra technical content. She really sells that program and I was a huge fan of it at Skate Canada and then the Olympics further blew that away. She is ultra sexual in the middle part for lack of a better term

I also hope the extra post-Olympic training has helped with FS stamina. That's a beautiful sets-a-mood program when relatively clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I'm just excited to see her short program with extra technical content. She really sells that program and I was a huge fan of it at Skate Canada and then the Olympics further blew that away. She is ultra sexual in the middle part for lack of a better term

I also hope the extra post-Olympic training has helped with FS stamina. That's a beautiful sets-a-mood program when relatively clean.
    Sultry? Sensual?
    Last edited by rvi5; 03-24-2014 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    Sultry? Sensual?
    OOPS yeah those are much better words

Apparently I need a vocab. lesson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    "Bigger bone structure"? Bigger than what, a grasshopper? This is getting more and more absurd. Kaetlyn does not have abnormally sized shoulders, even for a skater. And even if she did it wouldn't make as much difference to her skating as some of you seem to think.
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to get to by being so confrontational, that her jumps are absolutely perfect? Look, I'm a big fan of hers and I'm obviously not trying to nitpick, but I do think there are improvements she can make with regard to the jumps, which to me appear wild and out of control at times, despite the nice air and ice coverage they get. I was just looking for a way to explain why that is, be it physical condition or technique.
    Last edited by shine; 03-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    Are her skirts always that short? Personally, I think she's kind of foxy, but I'm wondering what Skate Canada thinks of her.

vCash
    They don't seem to have any issues...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Her style of skating is full of personality so I dont think she could do the demure rose very well. However I think she would be good at character programs, comic programs and the sultry that she does so well. I think as she grows as a skater her repertoir will expand. I know the bond girl has been done but she could really do well at a program like that. I could really see her doing W&P's Maria de Buenos Aires once vocals are allowed or even Concerto de Aranjuez which could be hauntingly beautiful. Just my 5 cents

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast