Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    I had to google Tkachenko. He is pretty hot. He would look great with Elena. Sorry to Ruslan but he maybe still needs to grow up a bit. In the face, he looks a little more Mickey Rooney than Mikail Baryshnikov.
    What would Jenny do?

YEAH!
    vCash
    I bet Tkachenko really regrets sticking with Riazanova when he was offered to skate with Kokhlova. He's a great dancer, but he does seem a bit old for Ilinykh. He's 27, older than Moir and White who are expected to retire. Ilinykh is only 19 and could easily go two more Olympic cycles (the 2022 Olympics might be in her birth country of Kazakhstan).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I had to google Tkachenko. He is pretty hot. He would look great with Elena. Sorry to Ruslan but he maybe still needs to grow up a bit. In the face, he looks a little more Mickey Rooney than Mikail Baryshnikov.
    There is nothing wrong with Ruslan's face. He could do with a better haircut, to style him better, but he is ok. Tkachenko is getting old (in figure skating years) and that definitely is not helping with knee bend. If I was Elena, I would definitely go for Ruslan. She must go for potential, not for looks. Looks can be changed, but lack of skating talent can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Because there's not enough going on already, R/T have apparently split as well.
    This doesn't surprise me, all of Ryazanova's recent Instagram photos with Jonathan Guerreiro made me think it's likely that they'll team back up. I wonder if Tkachenko will look for a new partner or retire? He and Ilynikh would be gorgeous and totally over the top together, but I'm not sure if he's planning to stick around another cycle.

And it seems to me that the real tragedy in all of this partner swapping is that Ilynikh/Zhiganshin will stick with Kustarova and Alexeeva.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post

I'd love to see Monko & Khaliavan make a move in all this shakeup.
    I like these two but I like S/B even better

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenya View Post
    This doesn't surprise me, all of Ryazanova's recent Instagram photos with Jonathan Guerreiro made me think it's likely that they'll team back up.
    I'd be surprised if they didn't.

TI wonder if Tkachenko will look for a new partner or retire? He and Ilynikh would be gorgeous and totally over the top together, but I'm not sure if he's planning to stick around another cycle.
    I hope he does: he has and beautiful carriage. He was grossly underused in his partnership with Riazanova, who held him back.

And it seems to me that the real tragedy in all of this partner swapping is that Ilynikh/Zhiganshin will stick with Kustarova and Alexeeva.
    ITA. However, I just can't see Tkachenko agreeing to that, and I think an I/K pairing would end up in the Detroit area, which would be another benefit.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    The important thing is no one ended up with Zoueva. Honestly the rumors of I&K going to her were a lot more disturbing than the idea of them splitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    The important thing is no one ended up with Zoueva. Honestly the rumors of I&K going to her were a lot more disturbing than the idea of them splitting.
    I think I would rather i-Z go to Zoueva than remain with Ruslan's coach. If we recall the dresses Bobrova used to wear...and the programs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I think I would rather i-Z go to Zoueva than remain with Ruslan's coach. If we recall the dresses Bobrova used to wear...and the programs...
    ITA with this - almost anyone is better than the Kustarova camp. Even Morozov IMO. And Zueva is better than both of them. [Altho none of thse 3 are what I would call good....

vCash
    ITA. Zoueva has coached two teams to OGM. She is better than the other options being considered.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    My dream would be that Ilinykh would pair up with Tkachenko and that they would go to Krylova. Imagine the in the programs
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Vasiliev leaves St. Petersburg and takes Gerboldt/Enbert with him. His financial demands were not met, they are to move to another region which will support them financially.

So much for the St. Petersburg pairs skating

vCash
    I wonder what about Kavaguti-Smirnov and their coach. They wanted to continue to make up for this missed season, but their coach wanted to retire. As far as I remember reading, he was supposed to take over after her the skating school, so does it mean that Kavaguti-Smirnov will move too?

vCash
    Right, Kawaguti/Smirnov are keeping the old LP and doing a new SP. They are working towards the next season with Moskvina in St. Petersburg

vCash
    Thank you, Tanka. So they continue, but where? In St. Petersburg? I don't understand, why the training conditions are good enough for Moskvina with K-S, and not good enough for Vasiliev with G-E? Or is Moskvina with K-S moving too?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Hard to imagine Moskiva and Moskvin leaving St. Petersburg. It's not like she needs the money or is planning to take on new students. It makes sense she'd stay and that Vasiliev would leave. He's an established coach in his mid-fifties, and he knows what he's worth.

The school hasn't closed, and it might be a great opportunity for Smirnov to take it over. He might be fine with the salary -- or salaries, as coach and director -- especially as he establishes a school.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Thank you, Tanka. So they continue, but where? In St. Petersburg? I don't understand, why the training conditions are good enough for Moskvina with K-S, and not good enough for Vasiliev with G-E? Or is Moskvina with K-S moving too?
    The training conditions are good enough for Vasiliev as well, the funding is not. Moskvina never voiced her salary and conditions. They might be quite different

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    My dream would be that Ilinykh would pair up with Tkachenko and that they would go to Krylova. Imagine the in the programs
    That would be great.

vCash
    He is getting too old (in competitive figure skating). We wouldn't want Elena missing the next Olympics because her partner's knees can't take it any more.

vCash
    He is getting too old (in competitive figure skating). We wouldn't want Elena missing the next Olympics because her partner's knees can't take it any more.
    No offence, Hanca, but do you know that Thachenko has knee problems? Or maybe I have not followed his career closely enough.

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast