Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudi View Post
    Artur Dmitriev Jr. is going back to Mishin

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140330/739569139.html
    I can see why! He wasn't doing great with him but he wasn't in the oblivan position he's in now

vCash

I can see why! He wasn't doing great with him but he wasn't in the oblivion position he's in now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    Looks like 2002 pairs champion Anton Sikharulidze is now a father . http://ru.hellomagazine.com/deti/det...ilsya-syn.html
    Who is the mother? I had read last year that he got divorced in June. Did he remarry or is the divorce news wrong?

vCash
    Volosozhar/Trankov might go to Cup of China if they get it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltask8er View Post
    Looks like 2002 pairs champion Anton Sikharulidze is now a father . http://ru.hellomagazine.com/deti/det...ilsya-syn.html
    Awww, good for him! Still my favorite pair skater forever and forever (cut off that beard tho, Anton!)

vCash
    Bazarova/Larionov reportedly have split -- article link and summary posted at: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4226819
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-31-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: To add "reportedly"
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Awww, good for him! Still my favorite pair skater forever and forever (cut off that beard tho, Anton!)
    ITA about the beard. They are my most favorite pair ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    ITA about the beard. They are my most favorite pair ever.
    Mine too

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash

Wow, that's pretty surprising. Didn't he leave him with a huge scandal a few seasons ago? But now with Gachinski gone and Plushy retired Mishin might give Dmitriev Jr. the needed attention.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash

Apparently Artur Dmitriev Sr. was quite angry when he left Mishin and said he wasn't consulted on this decision. I wonder why he doesn't get his son to do pairs - he might have better results

vCash
    Originally posted in the earlier Russian news thread on March 11 and re-posting here:
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Leonova was interviewed by Rsport.ru. She says she has no competitions this season and will be working towards the next. She is not planning going to the USA for the whole summer and should Morozov go there with his group she will be thinking what to do and where to train. Her goal is 2018 Olympics. She have been working on a 3loop+half loop + 3loop combination, says it's quite unusual but works for her

ETA: got the jumps wrong. She is talking about 3loop+half loop (euler) + 3loop. Am baffled. Why would she need a half loop between the 3loop/3loop? Why would she change the leg there? It would make sense for a 3s/half loop/3s... Taking the interview is by Simonenko I trust he wrote down the jumps correctly....
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Thanks so much for all the translations, by the way! Forgot to mention it earlier.

I'm betting Simonenko meant 3loop-half loop-3sal? (I'm hoping). This would make the most sense to maximize her jumping TES. She could still do the 3toe-3toe, repeat the 3flip, do the 3flutz, and 2 double axels. Plus it would have both troublesome edge jumps done with in one pass if she could get it consistent. 3sal-half loop-3sal works too but isn't as good for TES.

Sokolova used to do a 3sal-half loop-3loop sequence, but there was a turn in between the half loop and the loop (which is necessary) and I doubt under COP she could do such a sequence to make it even count at 80%; it would be probably be counted as two separate jumping passes: 3sal+1loop and 3sal.

Oh god, I've thought entirely too much about this. : Go Perkova!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Xela M View Post
    Apparently Artur Dmitriev Sr. was quite angry when he left Mishin and said he wasn't consulted on this decision. I wonder why he doesn't get his son to do pairs - he might have better results
    Artur Jr could pair up with one of the wonder babies who might miss chances in singles, given the crowded field. Pairs are crowded too but none of the junior pairs look that great to me. Artur and his hypothetical partner could have a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Artur Jr could pair up with one of the wonder babies who might miss chances in singles, given the crowded field. Pairs are crowded too but none of the junior pairs look that great to me. Artur and his hypothetical partner could have a chance.
    I guess the poor guy will always live in the shadow of his father. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to do pairs - so he is not compared to the legend that is Artur Dmitriev Sr. From previous interviews I remember reading, Artur Sr doesn't sugar coat anything and doesn't shy away from criticising his son (quite harshly) in public.

vCash
    I read an interview where he Artur Jr. Said he doesn't want to deal with all the drama that comes with having a partner, and after this week, who can blame him!

vCash
    Some updates from the news:
    Sotnikova has some ideas for her next season programmes, she plans to be more consistent with her 3/3 and learn a 4T. She does not promise to include the 4T in her next season programmes though

Bazarova says the contract with Mozer was for one year only, their parting was friendly and peaceful. Mozer did not offer Bazarova help searching for a new partner or coaching her. Bazarova still has no partner/coach lined up.

Pluschenko talks about his pain during the Olympics (good luck to whoever wants to translate that crap)

Antipova/Maisuradze plan preparing to the next season differently. They will work on their shape during the summer so they will not choke in the middle of the LP like they did this year. They tried a sbs 3F and sbs 3lz. Should they include another jump it will be a 3lz, but they are not sure - they aim for clean programmes. They also train a quad throw.

vCash
    btw, any news of israeli-shelepen?
    by whom is she coached? is she in shape? what about her injuries? does anyone has any clue?

vCash
    Not really. According to her twitter she is in Hackensack NJ and is landing a 2A. Obviously I have no idea whether it's really her twitter and how reliable is it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Not really. According to her twitter she is in Hackensack NJ and is landing a 2A. Obviously I have no idea whether it's really her twitter and how reliable is it.
    ok, but thanks for this.
    if it's her and 2a is worth mentioning, than we know in which shape she is

vCash
    Lipnitskaia and sotnikova can be quad vs quad! Lol. They are making so many triples seem boring!! They think 3a is too difficult.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 04-03-2014 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Sotnikova has big jumps, wouldnt be surprised if she jumps a 4T next season

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast