Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Dafuq?! It says I/K are going to split and that Nikita is going to skate with Viktoria Sinitsina. Morozov will be the coach.
    Could Elena be pregnant?
    Otherwise I don't understand all of this.
    If she is pregnant, she can come back after delivering the baby, like many others.

I hope this is just a rumor. Why split up an Olympic bronze medallist team with the potential for an OGM in 2018?

vCash
    Perhaps she wants to care for the hypothetical baby, rather than continue on as an elite athlete?

I 1) doubt they are really splitting and 2) doubt it is for pregnancy if they are.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 03-26-2014 at 05:36 PM.

vCash
    ILINYKH IS PREGNANT?!!!!!!

WHO BE THE BABY DADDY!!!?????

vCash
    Let us not get carried away -

Back on topic- imagine if I&K actually win the gold at worlds in Japan, would they really want to split up? Anyone in his/her right mind would not, but you never know. I am hanging on to the hope they stay together.

Sorry to hear about Sinitsina-Zhiganshin splitting. I still think Stepanova-Bukin have potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Perhaps she wants to care for the hypothetical baby, rather than continue on as an elite athlete?

I 1) doubt they are really splitting and 2) doubt it is for pregnancy if they are.

I don't know--the report is appearing now in translation on Google News. So it's officially out there as a news story, so to speak. I don't know if the original Russian source is considered reputable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    I don't know--the report is appearing now in translation on Google News. So it's officially out there as a news story, so to speak. I don't know if the original Russian source is considered reputable?
    Hmm. Well, I'm going to continue to doubt a pregnancy has anything to do with it.

vCash
    This is old-ish news but someone brought it to my attention in the 2013 JGP Minsk thread in Kiss and Cry just the other day.

JGP in Minsk, Belarus (Sept. 25-28, 2013) Pairs final results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/jg...3/CAT003RS.HTM

Results page says: "The junior pair Oksana Nagalati/Maxim Bobrov RUS has been disqualified from the competition according to the ISU Communication No. 1843" (January 8, 2014) - link is: http://static.isu.org/media/128995/1...s-nagalati.pdf (an ISU Anti-Doping violation by her - Furosemide pill)

Original decision was published in December 2013: http://static.isu.org/media/128998/f...s-nagalati.pdf

ETA Russian news article in English dated Jan. 10, 2014: http://en.ria.ru/sports/20140110/186...or-Doping.html
    Nagalati, 17, and her partner Maxim Bobrov won bronze in the pairs event at the Junior Grand Prix in Slovakia in September.

However, Nagalati tested positive at the competition for furosemide, a substance banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency. She and Bobrov will now lose their medals.

Nagalati also won the Russian national junior pairs title in February.
    Nagalati’s explanation of how the drug got into her system “appears to be credible,” the ISU noted. It did not hand her the standard two-year ban for doping, but said that a sanction was needed because of the skater’s “negligence.”

“She wrote a statement of explanation and detailed everything frankly,” Russian Figure Skating Federation director Valentin Piseev told R-Sport. “Instead of a two-year disqualification, which they could have given her, they gave one year on account of her sincere confession."

Nagalati’s ban runs from September 14, 2013, the date when she tested positive, to September 13 this year.
    The Italian junior pair of Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI were elevated from 4th place to the bronze medal at the JGP in Slovakia: http://www.isuresults.com/results/jg...3/CAT003RS.HTM

ETA link to the new GSD thread that's been started about the Ilinykh and Katsalopov split rumor.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-26-2014 at 08:22 PM. Reason: To add link to new I/K thread
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I/K seem to have quite tumultuous relationship. Their performance and training intensity seems to be all over the place, even though they were the clear favorites at the start of this past quad. Perhaps there is a maturity level missing with this team to overcome personal feelings for success?

If there is a split I highly doubt anyone of authority is recommending it as a good idea.

vCash
    Is Nikita in love with Sinitsina? Similar things have happened to other pairs/ice dancers. The most famous split being Rodnina & Ulanov's because he wanted to skate with the lady he was in love with. Others were: Meno & Sand splitting with their pairs partners to skate with each other.

I just hope Elena will not be left without a partner. She is way too talented for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Is Nikita in love with Sinitsina? Similar things have happened to other pairs/ice dancers. The most famous split being Rodnina & Ulanov's because he wanted to skate with the lady he was in love with. Others were: Meno & Sand splitting with their pairs partners to skate with each other.

I just hope Elena will not be left without a partner. She is way too talented for that.
    Anissina/Averbukh too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Anissina/Averbukh too.
    There are quite a few examples like that. Obertas broke up with Sokolov to skate with Slavnov, who she was dating at the time. She ended up marrying someone else I think (going OT again).

vCash

Sorry to hear about Sinitsina-Zhiganshin splitting. I still think Stepanova-Bukin have potential.
    Me too I think Bukin especially has something special I quite like S/Z though too .We'll have to wait and see.

vCash
    There are quite a few examples like that. Obertas broke up with Sokolov to skate with Slavnov, who she was dating at the time. She ended up marrying someone else I think (going OT again).
    oh my heart vash; bringen back obertas/slavnov in my mind still brings some tears over another lost lost talents

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Mishin has confirmed(?) that Gachinsky has gone to Sokolovskaya. http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...158955146.html
    Wait, this is the terrible coach that we wanted him to go basically to anyone but, isn't it?

Oh, Artur

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Wait, this is the terrible coach that we wanted him to go basically to anyone but, isn't it?

Oh, Artur
    This is so common! So and so need a major change and then they decide their major change is universally despised morozov or something? Lol!!!!

vCash
    I think I must be the only one not devastated to see I/K split up. I really like Sinitsina and think she has even more potential - with a good coach [not sure that's Morozov though]. I liked S/Z as a team, but they have been having trouble with some of the lifts, which might hold them back. Not sure how much bigger Katsalopov is, but Im willing to give them a chance. My real hope was that S/Z would go to Sphilband, but I guess that's out.

If they were going to change partners, I would rather see Sin/Bukin - both of them are really talented. But Im kind of interested to see what they look like. Will Elena start skating with Ruslan?

OTOH - has this really happened or is this just a false rumor?

vCash
    Happy Birthday to Ekaterina Bobrova! So sad that Dimitri is injured

vCash
    Sad for B&S having to withdraw from worlds.

Is there any further news about Plushy? How is his recovery progressing? Where is he now? The last I heard he was in Moscow. May be he is back in Saint Petersburg now?

vCash
    Looks like 2002 pairs champion Anton Sikharulidze is now a father . http://ru.hellomagazine.com/deti/det...ilsya-syn.html

vCash
    Artur Dmitriev Jr. is going back to Mishin

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140330/739569139.html

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast