Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I don't doubt that he has the desire to compete, but at some point his body is going to say 'stop' just like it did during the individual event in Sochi. However, I wish him the very best if he wants to train and compete for a spot on the Russian team.
    His last competitive moment was quitting because of back injury and giving up only spot for Russian team. Obviously he wants to change this. How long he will compete depends on how strong his Russian teammates are. YP is not willing to admit this, but he's a bit of an opportunist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTA View Post
    His last competitive moment was quitting because of back injury and giving up only spot for Russian team. Obviously he wants to change this. How long he will compete depends on how strong his Russian teammates are. YP is not willing to admit this, but he's a bit of an opportunist.
    One could argue that many athletes are. To some extent that is part of being in the world of competitive sport - knowing when to seize the opportunities before you and use them to your advantage to succeed.

You make a good point - the last image many people have of Plushenko is of him grimacing in pain in the Olympic warmup and having to withdraw to the disappointment of millions of Russians and other skating fans. If I was an athlete I could understand not wanting that to be my final performance and wanting to have one more shot at redeeming myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    You make a good point - the last image many people have of Plushenko is of him grimacing in pain in the Olympic warmup and having to withdraw to the disappointment of millions of Russians and other skating fans. If I was an athlete I could understand not wanting that to be my final performance and wanting to have one more shot at redeeming myself.
    I disagree - it depends on how you look at it. I saw a man who was desperate, desperate to ignore the pain and compete, and when he looked up at the crowd, there was a fleeting moment of "I can do this!"...before reality dawned on him and he realised he could not. The agony in his eyes wasn't just physical pain. He wanted to skate, wanted to compete.

vCash
    One could argue that many athletes are. To some extent that is part of being in the world of competitive sport - knowing when to seize the opportunities before you and use them to your advantage to succeed.

If you missed this NBC video http://video.yandex.ru/users/ver2106/view/8 look at his face and his eyes...That decision was really hard for him.. He wanted to compete he knew the millions of Russians were waiting for his performance..
    Last edited by lala; 04-28-2014 at 06:59 AM.

vCash
    Video of Artur Gachinski at a show (on the 27th April)

He's looking good.

And he's looking...happy.

vCash

vCash
    He looks ... so old!
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Am I seeing Shabalin at the back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Am I seeing Shabalin at the back?
    Basharov more like?

vCash
    Basharov more like?
    You're right!

vCash
    and who's behind them? Kevin Costner? Looks like Kevin Costner

vCash
    I'm confused. Where was this photo taken? It looks like a shopping mall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Video of Artur Gachinski at a show (on the 27th April)

He's looking good.

And he's looking...happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    I'm confused. Where was this photo taken? It looks like a shopping mall.
    It looks like GUM - shopping center at Red Square in Moscow.

vCash
    I remember sitting on that very chair. So bizarre. What a tacky location for wedding photo.

vCash
    Yes, I can see the paint wearing away off the bench. Needs a fresh coat.

vCash
    I disagree - it depends on how you look at it. I saw a man who was desperate, desperate to ignore the pain and compete, and when he looked up at the crowd, there was a fleeting moment of "I can do this!"...before reality dawned on him and he realised he could not. The agony in his eyes wasn't just physical pain. He wanted to skate, wanted to compete.
    I doesn't matter what he thought at that time. What matters is how many perceived this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    So why do you place such importance on Stepanova/Bukin messing up their lifts (calling it struggling with lifts) while Virtue/Moir you consider 'just some mistakes'?
    Because most of Virtue/Moir's lifts were intricate and quite effortless.

It's not just that Stepanova/Bukin had a fall on the lift in the FD at 2013 Skate Canada but most of their lifts this season looked at least a little bit heavy and laboured at the best of times. Even when clean, they didn't have the kind of effortless flow you are going to see from the top teams.

And looking at V/M and S/B from this season, V/M seem to have some more height difference between them.

So a release can be obtained just by paying for it? Is this common practice?
    It's not something that is going to be publicly broadcast but I think it is pretty common. And to be honest, it's fair enough really. A federation usually makes an investment in its skaters so I can understand them wanting that money back, if the skater decides to start representing a different country.

I don't think that's something that anybody is doubting though. The point is, he couldn't compete. And some people got pissed off. So maybe that negative reaction did get to him and he wants to redeem himself and prove those people wrong. And finish his competitive career with a better final impression.

She looks absolutely incredible.

But he hasn't aged well.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash
    At a shopping mall??
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She looks absolutely incredible.

But he hasn't aged well.
    Depends, how old is he? 67?

When will people learn that fake tans make you look older? (and dirty sometimes, especially on hairy guys, I get the urge to scrub them clean...)

Hope the marriage works well, I thought they had split a while back.

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast