Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Who does choreography for Rukavitsin's group, or is that something they each decide themselves? I only know that Makarova used Averbukh. It would be nice to see Leonova work with someone other than Morozov, maybe the choreographer who did her programs before 2012.

vCash
    so who does remain in the morozov team?

amodio - gone
    leonova- gone
    pushkash/guerrerio - gone/split
    ilinykh/katsalapov - split/1/2 gone, the other 1/2?
    dimitriev jr. - gone

so who is left?
    1/2 of ilinykh/katsalaopv?
    abzal rakimgaliev

does he build a total new team back in us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    I've also heard that Serafima Sakhanovich is moving to Moscow, maybe to Tutberidze's group, but nothing official yet.
    I can understand that she may want to go to Moscow, because they seem to have better resources. However, I don't think it is the best place for her to go to Tutberidze. Tutberidze already has Lipnitskaya and Medvedeva. Saying that, I would prefer her not to go to Goncharenko either, because she has Radionova and Proklova. Where to go... Tutberidze and Goncharenko are teaching completely different styles than is Seraphima's style... I wouldn't want her to go to Volchkova either; her skaters have not been doing that great recently...Maybe to Buianova?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    Yes, and then he sleeps with them and eats their soul.

vCash
    btw, as thinking of morozov being left without students, what happened with linichuk/karpanossov?
    do they have any students besides juniors?

vCash

amodio - gone
    leonova- gone
    ilinykh/katsalapov - split/1/2 gone, the other 1/2?
    dimitriev jr. - gone

so who is left?
    1/2 of ilinykh/katsalaopv?
    abzal rakimgaliev

He doesn't have 1/2 of ilinykh/katsalapov. Keep up. Ilynikh is with Kustarova and Katsalapov with Zueva. He has only Abzal Rakimgaliev (assuming that Abzal doesn't mind relocating to the USA)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    He doesn't have 1/2 of ilinykh/katsalapov. Keep up. Ilynikh is with Kustarova and Katsalapov with Zueva. He has only Abzal Rakimgaliev (assuming that Abzal doesn't mind relocating to the USA)
    oh thought this was just a try-out. thanks hanca. birthday and bachelorparty in prague over the weekend seems to be too much for me, to stay up to date here

wow, left with rakimgaliev. back to reality and a fresh start. so maybe nikolai has some time to think about

vCash
    oh thought this was just a try-out. thanks hanca. birthday and bachelorparty in prague over the weekend seems to be too much for me, to stay up to date here

wow, left with rakimgaliev. back to reality and a fresh start. so maybe nikolai has some time to think about
    This is try-out but even if the new couple S/K did not stay with Zueva, I don't think Morozov is now Russian Federations's favourite boy, and the last thing Nikita now needs is to annoy the Federation even more. Don't forget that Nikita needs to get back on the national team to be able to compete at GP events in 5-6 months, so the last thing he would want to do is to chose coach who the Federation doesn't like.
    Last edited by hanca; 04-18-2014 at 02:42 PM.

vCash
    Morozov won't have problems finding students (unfortunately). He is in a great training center and he is always calling students to choreograph for them. I still can't believe he called Joubert so close to the Olympics and told him to change both programs. And the worse part is that Joubert almost felt for it.

vCash
    Sinitsina-Katasalapov are in a much better situation than Ilinykh-Zhinganshin, IMO. First of all, they chose to skate with each other. Second, Zoueva has a lot of political clout after her teams won back to back OGMs. In the case of I&Z it's not even certain that the partnership would last. They were both left without partners and took the easy way out by agreeing to skate together. They have coaches that nobody thinks much of. I think they are doomed. I will be quite upset if S&K win the OGM in 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Sinitsina-Katasalapov are in a much better situation than Ilinykh-Zhinganshin, IMO. First of all, they chose to skate with each other. Second, Zoueva has a lot of political clout after her teams won back to back OGMs. In the case of I&Z it's not even certain that the partnership would last. They were both left without partners and took the easy way out by agreeing to skate together. They have coaches that nobody thinks much of. I think they are doomed. I will be quite upset if S&K win the OGM in 2018.
    It depends how you look at it. I would say exactly opposite! First of all, Ilinykh-Zhinganshin are hurting. That can be very strong motivation to beat Sinitsina-Katasalapov; they know that this is how to hurt S/K most. Beat them on the ice. Stylish! Marina Anissina? Second, Zueva has the political cloud, but does she have the skills, the ability? Until now she was getting the results of her joint work with Spilband; he helped her to get W/M and D/W at the level they were. Is she good enough technical coach on her own? Will she be able to bring there a couple when Spilband is not standing behind her? I/Z have Kustarova. Kustarova definitely has problems with packaging her skaters, but she is definitely pretty decent technically. You say that nobody thinks of them much, but I believe Russian Federation does. And lastly, you are wondering whether I/Z partnership would last. Because in your view they were both left without partners and took the easy way out by agreeing to skate together. Well, let me remind you that marriage from convenience is often the strongest. I am actually betting on them long term more than on S/K. When S/K's honeymoon period runs out, the reality sets in. Whereas i/Z went into it will both eyes open and they want to make it work.
    Last edited by hanca; 04-18-2014 at 02:42 PM.

vCash

Have they actually split (confirmed?), or is this just speculation based on Riazanova's Instagram photos? Keep in mind that she and Jonathan stayed friends after they split

vCash
    I can understand that she may want to go to Moscow, because they seem to have better resources. However, I don't think it is the best place for her to go to Tutberidze. Tutberidze already has Lipnitskaya and Medvedeva. Saying that, I would prefer her not to go to Goncharenko either, because she has Radionova and Proklova. Where to go... Tutberidze and Goncharenko are teaching completely different styles than is Seraphima's style... I wouldn't want her to go to Volchkova either; her skaters have not been doing that great recently...Maybe to Buianova?
    Here's a brilliant idea - stay with her current coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Who does choreography for Rukavitsin's group, or is that something they each decide themselves? I only know that Makarova used Averbukh. It would be nice to see Leonova work with someone other than Morozov, maybe the choreographer who did her programs before 2012.
    Glinka and Molotov. Imho their choreography is quite good - Menshov normally has the best choreography among the Russian men (which he can't necessarily do on the ice, but the ideas are usually nice)

vCash
    Leonova spoke to Simonenko (rsport.ru)
    `In March while Morozov was coaching Ilinyh/Katsalapov in Novogorsk towards the Worlds I continued training in his group and all was fine. When Nikoal Alexandrovich came back from the Worlds I learned the financing was being cut and he would leave to the USA to rest and he will no longer be working in Novogorsk. I couldn't stay there either. The same with staying in Moscow - after the Olympics the financing is much lower in many groups and there are lots of talented girls. I had nowhere to live, so I went home to St. Petersburg.
    I was going back to Alla Pyatova, but after talking to her and the principle of the Figure skating Academy we decided I will not have the right conditions in her group. Alla Yakovlevna and I are in very good terms, she is willing to help me with anything. After that I decided to join Rukavitsin's group here in St. Petersburg. I think it's the best choice for me'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Leonova spoke to Simonenko (rsport.ru)
    `In March while Morozov was coaching Ilinyh/Katsalapov in Novogorsk towards the Worlds I continued training in his group and all was fine. When Nikoal Alexandrovich came back from the Worlds I learned the financing was being cut and he would leave to the USA to rest and he will no longer be working in Novogorsk. I couldn't stay there either. The same with staying in Moscow - after the Olympics the financing is much lower in many groups and there are lots of talented girls. I had nowhere to live, so I went home to St. Petersburg.
    I was going back to Alla Pyatova, but after talking to her and the principle of the Figure skating Academy we decided I will not have the right conditions in her group. Alla Yakovlevna and I are in very good terms, she is willing to help me with anything. After that I decided to join Rukavitsin's group here in St. Petersburg. I think it's the best choice for me'
    Wow, I wonder if it affects all groups, or just the groups/schools that did not produce the results?

I wonder what she means that after talking to her previous coach she decided that she won't have the best conditions in her group. I wonder why?

vCash
    Read on GoldenSkate that Serafima Sakhanovich is now being coached by Tutberidze - is this correct?
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    It depends how you look at it. I would say exactly opposite! First of all, Ilinykh-Zhinganshin are hurting. That can be very strong motivation to beat Sinitsina-Katasalapov; they know that this is how to hurt S/K most. Beat them on the ice. Stylish! Marina Anissina? Second, Zueva has the political cloud, but does she have the skills, the ability? Until now she was getting the results of her joint work with Spilband; he helped her to get W/M and D/W at the level they were. Is she good enough technical coach on her own? Will she be able to bring there a couple when Spilband is not standing behind her? I/Z have Kustarova. Kustarova definitely has problems with packaging her skaters, but she is definitely pretty decent technically. You say that nobody thinks of them much, but I believe Russian Federation does. And lastly, you are wondering whether I/Z partnership would last. Because in your view they were both left without partners and took the easy way out by agreeing to skate together. Well, let me remind you that marriage from convenience is often the strongest. I am actually betting on them long term more than on S/K. When S/K's honeymoon period runs out, the reality sets in. Whereas i/Z went into it will both eyes open and they want to make it work.
    Alexeeva and Kustarova surely are not nobody, maybe they are not much know to fans outside Russia, ma in Russia the situation must be different (and right this season were the coaches of the third russian dance team). When they were relatively sure who Victoria was gone and will not return, they don't lose time waiting news but were quick to call poor Elena and inviting her to traing with them and suggesting her poor Ruslan as new partner. And they were really smart in doing that: not only they take the best russian female dancer avaible for Ruslan, but also the only girl they will not be forced to dump if the Russian Federation's efforts to undoing the split of two of theirs top team were successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Read on GoldenSkate that Serafima Sakhanovich is now being coached by Tutberidze - is this correct?
    I don't know yet, will try to find out. But it could be. Serafima and Evgenia Medvedieva, who is coached by Eteri Tutberidze, are best friends. So maybe they wanted to train together.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    While I expect Ilinykh and Zhiganshin to be motivated from the rejection to work very hard to consolidate their partnership to get the best results ASAP, how much of this will have a long-term impact is likely to be driven by their personalities. I've never heard nor read anything that suggests that Ilinykh is has that type of single-focused mentality, apart from, perhaps her love life, but she's had a relatively soft landing from the break-up, with plenty feeling empathy for them, coaches and Federation not willing to let them hang in the wind for long.

Anissina was considered the weaker link, and on her own initiative sought a foreign partner, moved to another country, learned another language, and skated with a partner with whom she had a know contentious relationship. Those kind of challenges would remind her regularly about the sacrifices she was making and the peopke who had under-estimated her and keep her focused on her long-term goal. If Ilinykh had to have Lipnitskaia's single-minded focus or Sotnikova's familial responsibility, it might be another story.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast