vCash

Music edit question

I was thinking about using this for next year's silver program. I had to cut both pieces to make it under 2:10, so I just wanted to double check it doesn't sound bad to other people.

I've convinced myself it could work, but I also have have a hard time keeping a waltz count, so ...yeah .

vCash
    I think it sounds really nice. Not a seamless transition at 1:30- but if you end a spin or something right at the change, it will flow really well in a program.
    I'm not in love with the ending, when compared to elite programs, but I'll admit the endings on my music are kind of iffy too and then in local competitions there are some that are just really really bad. As far as I'm concerned, it is more than good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I'm not in love with the ending, when compared to elite programs, but I'll admit the endings on my music are kind of iffy too and then in local competitions there are some that are just really really bad. As far as I'm concerned, it is more than good enough.
    Thanks! The ending was a little hard to figure out since there was no soundtrack released, so I was trying to edit out the beginning restaurant scene from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNJGx3a5U0I. I could cut out the last few beats in case that would sound better?

vCash
    I, personally, think I do like it without those last two dings, but I guess it depended what you did with it- are you planning on doing something to highlight the music there, or end on that loud beat, and just lose the last two beats?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I, personally, think I do like it without those last two dings, but I guess it depended what you did with it- are you planning on doing something to highlight the music there, or end on that loud beat, and just lose the last two beats?
    I was thinking about a front T-stop on the loud beat and some tango-ish shimmy for the last two (very technical description, I know) but I could go either way. Will ask my coach tomorrow, as well, but thank you for the input .

vCash
    I'm a big fan of a good shimmy

vCash
    I think it is fine. It doesn't sound jarring and the edits are quite smooth. If I was listening to it when judging I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    I think it is fine. It doesn't sound jarring and the edits are quite smooth. If I was listening to it when judging I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    That's very good to know. Thank you!