Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I think it's pretty common. Isaac Mizrahi's business in the 90s - when he was at his most popular - was actually losing money every year and closed by 1998.
    I wonder how many freebies they have to give to A-listers to get publicity for their fashions. I bet she also had lavish parties and spent a lot on PR too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I wonder how many freebies they have to give to A-listers to get publicity for their fashions. I bet she also had lavish parties and spent a lot on PR too.
    Isn't that kind of the point of the entire industry it's all smoke and mirrors and pretend high life. Freebies to celebrities so that you become known, lavish parties and ridiculously over the top richness to attract that kind fo scrutiny....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Isn't that kind of the point of the entire industry it's all smoke and mirrors and pretend high life. Freebies to celebrities so that you become known, lavish parties and ridiculously over the top richness to attract that kind fo scrutiny....
    But her $5.6 million condo, with the car elevator (!) was PAID FOR...how'd she do that and then run her company into the ground?

vCash
    Maybe Mick bought it for her.

There's a story in one of today's papers (can't find the link, sorry) that the other Rolling Stones hated her and called her "Yoko" because they thought she was too possessive of Mick. They allegedly also called her "Le Men" because she was so tall and had big feet.
    She offered to design their stage clothes and they refused because they disliked her so much, so Mick let her design his.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    But her $5.6 million condo, with the car elevator (!) was PAID FOR...how'd she do that and then run her company into the ground?
    She might have been operating her business on credit. After so long, the credit runs out and the bills have to be paid.

I have a relative who is in that industry and it is no joke. It takes a lot of money to start the business and even more to keep it going.

ETA: There's nothing to say that Mick hasn't helped her in the past, but as a business person, it's difficult to keep throwing good money after bad. The IRS calls a business that's not making money a hobby.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Well, that may be exactly why her company was in debt; she may have drained it supporting her lifestyle, or just didn't manage it well.

vCash
    Oh, wow. What a waste of a life. She could have just declared bankruptcy and she could have reorganized. To take her life like this.

But the tea that overedge spilt about the Stones not liking her for being too clingy - sounds like her problems were a helluva lot more than financial.

vCash
    @Rex, that's what I was thinking. And, being in a relationship with Mick Jagger couldn't have been an easy feat if any of his former loves are to be believed. It would be terrible for someone who is already in a fragile state.

vCash
    What woman in their right mind would try to get into a relationship with someone who is an unashamed womanizer?!?!? I mean, they write songs about Mick, right, and his cheatin' ways? Even a woman with a bit of cray-cray would think twice.

vCash
    You know how it is.....maybe she had the idea that she was the one. That's what most women think when they get with these bad boys. He did give her a ring at some point; she was wearing it at her last public appearance.

She was with Mick for 10 years. That was plenty of time for him to put a steering wheel in her back and drive her to crazy.

vCash
    ^^^^^ Sad, but true. I have too many ladyfriends and relatives who have sailed on this ship. "Oh, if I lay some of this on him, he'll change his ways and I'll be Mrs.......". Wuhwuhwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. He probably gave her the ring to shut her up, which would be wrong.

She was with Mick for 10 years. That was plenty of time for him to put a steering wheel in her back and drive her to crazy.
    classic line, FiveRinger - and I'm stealing it!

vCash
    It's sad. And unfortunately, as a woman, if you've made it to 40, it's probably a lesson that you've already learned. Trust me when I say that I have been a passenger on that cruise ship and am glad I got a life vest and made it back to dry land and reality!!!

Ten years is a long time to invest in somebody. I had a cousin who was with the same guy for 30 years, had a kid with him, and he treated her like a dog. Had babies on her, drove her to a sanitarium, and God only knows what else he was doing. She was 50 when she died, not because she committed suicide. I think she died of a broken heart. The a$$hole never did marry her.

vCash
    ^^^^Wow. That is tragic FiveRinger, about your cousin.

vCash
    It is....I just said all of that to say that life is about choices. Watching her, I learned that you don't have to accept the $h*t that people pile on you.

I just hate that L'Wren wasn't able to get help for her problems, whatever they were.

vCash
    I know, right? So many businesspeople, celebs and athletes have declared bankruptcy and managed to rise from the ashes. Poor thing.

vCash
    ^^ I know folks who have filed bankruptcy twice, wouldn't think anything of filing a third, and they keep it movin'. No shame at all.....just sayin'.....

vCash
    Here's the link to the story with the allegations about the rest of the Stones not liking her.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fas..._lsa=78ab-53b8
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    ^^ I know folks who have filed bankruptcy twice, wouldn't think anything of filing a third, and they keep it movin'. No shame at all.....just sayin'.....
    Sounds like her ego was extremely fragile, and she was too proud to do this. Didn't stop Toni Braxton from doing it more than once, and she's just as happy as she can be on that tacky-ass reality show of hers...

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Here's the link to the story with the allegations about the rest of the Stones not liking her.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/life/fas..._lsa=78ab-53b8
    Thanks for posting, overedge. Oh, wow. They really did NOT LIKE HER. But at Keith Richards slagging on her looks - beauty ain't exactly his middle name. But it also sounds like she had some control issues - Mick's offspring didn't take to her either. Her designs were beautiful, but maybe too limited a market to turn a profit? That is what it sounds like.

vCash
    Sounds like her ego was extremely fragile, and she was too proud to do this. Didn't stop Toni Braxton from doing it more than once, and she's just as happy as she can be on that tacky-ass reality show of hers...
    Now, see, I used to be a big Toni fan back in the day. Now, not so much. Tamar is always good for a laugh, with her delusional self.

Thanks for posting, overedge. Oh, wow. They really did NOT LIKE HER. But at Keith Richards slagging on her looks - beauty ain't exactly his middle name. But it also sounds like she had some control issues - Mick's offspring didn't take to her either. Her designs were beautiful, but maybe too limited a market to turn a profit? That is what it sounds like.[/QUOTE]

Now why did you go have to mention beauty? That song, Beauty by Dru Hill is now stuck in my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Now, see, I used to be a big Toni fan back in the day. Now, not so much. Tamar is always good for a laugh, with her delusional self.
    I was crazy about her. Then she jumped the shark with the bankruptcies, the nose job, implants and the bad weaves.

Now why did you go have to mention beauty? That song, Beauty by Dru Hill is now stuck in my head.
    It's Keith Richards I'm talking about...trust me, there is no connection .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast