Prick Admin
    vCash

Happy St Patrick's Day 2014!

To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I was driving by my local train station this morning, and normally, there are very few people waiting for the train into Manhattan at that hour. But this time, the place was packed, so I'm thinking, "Oh, no, what's wrong with the trains?" Until I glanced over and saw that everyone was wearing green. They were going to the parade. I also saw many buses, and some stretch limos, at the rest stop on the highway, obviously transporting people in for the parade.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Happy St. Paddy's Day to everyone! I'd like to think that we're all a little Irish today!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Lots of green themed treats at work today including cookies and cupcakes. Happy St Patrick's day to everyone celebrating.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I'm wearing my claddagh necklace charm today that I bought on a family trip to Ireland; I think I got it in Waterford but it might have been Galway. When I wear it does make me feel more Irish!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    I'm 1/8 Irish so I'm wearing green today! (I'm green all the time anyway.... )
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    We knew St. Patrick's Day had already started in Seattle when TS McHugh's was serving beer in plastic cups at 5pm last Saturday night, and we were serenaded by Seattle Police Pipes & Drums.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    I'm 1/8 Irish so I'm wearing green today! (I'm green all the time anyway.... )
    I think I can beat your percentage!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you.

vCash
    Happy St Patrick's Day! There were multiple city and suburban parades this weekend and last weekend, too. I'm nostalgic for those and the caravanning of Irish dancers to all the shows at nursing homes, churches, schools, park districts, restaurants, pubs, museums, clubs, etc, etc.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A friend told me yesterday that because the "traditional" St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC will still not allow a gay group to participate, Queens threw its own inclusive parade. Since Queens was traditionally the most conservative of boroughs, aside from the isolated Staten Island, where everyone is breathing fumes from Jersey chemical plants, it must mean gentrification is steaming forward.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Night is still young so I hope you enjoyed and enjoy a Happy St Patrick's Day!
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Nice, sweetsparky!
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Wheee! Happy St Patricks Day everyone!

Meanwhile , here's how St David's Day (Patron saint of Wales, where I am from if you don't know) was celebrated in New York on March 1st

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifesty...ar-two-6807364
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Isn't there a Welsh quarter in NYC?
    Last edited by orientalplane; 03-17-2014 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

vCash
    We're New Orleans, so of course, we have to have ten zillion parades (one Friday, two Saturday, one yesterday, one today, and one next Sunday) but umm...we don't have that many Irish anymore so we actually import from New York, Boston, and Chicago (mostly New York cops). The bratling's home for an interview, and his plane had a lot of them on his plane--they came in full regalia.

I love the Boston cops (they wear insignia to show where they're from) who have turned puritanical and look slightly aghast and disapproving at the whole ordeal. The New York and Chicago cops are really into it, taking green jello shots and green beer from the crowd and giving flowers for kisses to the girls.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Prick Admin
    vCash
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Wheee! Happy St Patricks Day everyone!

Meanwhile , here's how St David's Day (Patron saint of Wales, where I am from if you don't know) was celebrated in New York on March 1st

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifesty...ar-two-6807364
    I so wanted that to be a picture of you in NYC

vCash
    A weathercaster found out the hard (and humerous) way why a meteorologist should not wear green on the air, even on St. Patrick's day! http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi9QpUeCcAAbCAT.jpg:medium