Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge_Simpson View Post
    Eggs are disgusting. I use them when I am baking, but the smell of a cooked egg makes me want to heave. Even when I was a baby, my mother could not get me to eat one, I'd spit it out. Blech!.
    I feel that way about bananas. I will not eat them, handle them, or even have them in the house. I have smelled both and I'd genuinely prefer to smell a skunk. Even as a baby I wouldn't eat them.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    My weakness is pancakes with either sausage or bacon. I eat them at least once a week. I usually have Grape Nut Flakes or Raisin Bran for breakfast for the fiber.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Unhealthy choice: I'm obsessed with breakfast and I love all of the bad stuff: pancakes, french toast, biscuits, eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, omelettes with unhealthy stuff...

Good choice: For breakfast this week I've been having 1/2 cup of Vanilla Greek yogurt with 1/4 of berries and about 1 Tbsp of rolled oats. Only about 135 calories and really tasty!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Trader Joe's sells this sliced cracked wheat sourdough that makes French toast. Ever since I've learned to soak it a little longer on each side (thank you, Martha Stewart), it comes out unbelievable. But alas, who has the time and the glycemic index...
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Doughnut has not yet make an appearance on anyone's breakfast list here...or are some of you just not willing to admit it
    I really am not fond of donuts, but since at least every other month there is a "donut day' at work -- and since I have the "privilege" of ordering and taking delivery of 18 dozen donuts (for which I have to take a bus 40 minutes earlier than usual ), I do force myself to eat one with the free coffee that is also provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Marge_Simpson View Post
    Eggs are disgusting. I use them when I am baking, but the smell of a cooked egg makes me want to heave. Even when I was a baby, my mother could not get me to eat one, I'd spit it out. Blech!.
    That was me with soft-boiled eggs with icky unfirm whites. But I do like eggs, as long as I don't have to cook them -- usually have them one or two days a week from the cafe here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Yogurt is worse, and I only use it for baking.
    I like yogurt and in the warmer months it is my frequent breakfast choice.

To answer the original question, what I have for breakfast nearly every day is a cup of strong black coffee -- unless I'm sick, in which case I'll have a cup of strong, black tea instead. If I have time, I will fix a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, and a dab of butter. If I am running late, I might only have time to drink a half a cup of the coffee, but it is very rare that I will leave the house without at least a partial cup. Then at work, I will succumb to such less healthy offerings of a bagel w/ cream cheese.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    My weakness is pancakes with either sausage or bacon. I eat them at least once a week. I usually have Grape Nut Flakes or Raisin Bran for breakfast for the fiber.
    Not to skeeve out danceronice, but I've got a hankering for banana pancakes and sausages...my nutritionist says when I have an urge, I should indulge. I've been a good boy the past couple of weeks.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That sounds like a lovely brunch, Rex. ( because I can't handle all this food early in the morning). Today at 9 am I had a green apple and a handful of almonds, tea with milk. Nothing else appealed.

Has anyone else microwaved Grapenuts with milk and honey in the 90's? It was a favorite in college.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    That sounds like a lovely brunch, Rex. ( because I can't handle all this food early in the morning). Today at 9 am I had a green apple and a handful of almonds, tea with milk. Nothing else appealed.

Has anyone else microwaved Grapenuts with milk and honey in the 90's? It was a favorite in college.
    I will most likely wait until Sunday to make it. The weekends are usually the time to indulge, when I do.

My nutritionist just wants my meals to be well balanced with required amounts of proteins, carbs and good fats. I can get away with half a pb & j sandwich or this morning I had a couple of boiled eggs and some fruit. I do buy 2-3 cartons of eggs so I always have boiled eggs on hand.

I've only had Grape Nuts with milk - never tried it as a hot cereal.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I like to have hardboiled eggs around too. Enjoy this Sunday!!!

from Speedy Death

vCash
    ^^I learned this from Valerie Bertinelli - when she was on Oprah's old show talking about her weight loss. She said she keeps them on hand - they keep her from eating junk.

vCash
    I have to be up unreasonably early (for my liking!) since I need to get work done from home before I skate & then head into the office. That means that I usually have a breakfast bar of some sort (these were on sale at my local TJ Maxx, so I grabbed them) and I take yogurt or a banana with me at work. On weekends when I actually have time to make breakfast, I like scrambled eggs with either Canadian bacon or Italian sausage & some cilantro and green onions. Not that I get motivated enough to make that every Saturday and Sunday.

vCash
    Today I indulged and had Bacon and Eggs with Multigrain toast and tomatoes. Tea of course Normally it's greek yogurt with fresh berries and occasionally it's a slice of multigrain toast with light PB and banana. Tea is a staple with breakfast for me.

vCash
    PB&J on flaxseed bread, almond milk.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Are you lactose intolerant, Rex? Is anyone else? In Russia lactose intolerance was rare and I love me some milk but here it seems really widespread.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    My weekend was very busy, so on both days I had overnight buckwheat with a table spoon of chia seeds. Chia absorbs water very well so you need to pour more water into this mix rather than you would if it was plain buckwheat.

This week I am back to cooked oats in the morning.

vCash
    Are you lactose intolerant, Rex? Is anyone else? In Russia lactose intolerance was rare and I love me some milk but here it seems really widespread.
    I don't know if I am lactose intolerant but last week I consciensly limited the consumtion of diary for the sake of experiment. I had it only a couple of times during the week and only for breakfast and snack before lunch. I must say I felt less heavy and bloated. Well, my diet overall was pretty good last week, so I can't assure that it had to do with the cut of the lactose intake only, but I guess it certainly contributed.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    ............ Tea of course ...... Tea is a staple with breakfast for me.
    Tea is one of life's most important things. *Nods sagely*
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Is anyone else grossed out by the amount of butter on this $4 piece of toast?

Quote Originally Posted by Hindernisse View Post
    I don't know if I am lactose intolerant but last week I consciensly limited the consumtion of diary for the sake of experiment. I had it only a couple of times during the week and only for breakfast and snack before lunch. I must say I felt less heavy and bloated. Well, my diet overall was pretty good last week, so I can't assure that it had to do with the cut of the lactose intake only, but I guess it certainly contributed.
    Let us know how it goes. I would be devastated to give up dairy.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Let us know how it goes. I would be devastated to give up dairy.
    I've not given up dairy completely, just have it in the course of first half of the day and only a couple of times per week. I've liked it so far.

Plans for breakfast this weekend: almond milk chia seeds pudding. The recipe sounds ridiculously easy. I just need to milk almonds

vCash
    I wasn't as a child, Ice. As a matter of fact, I practically lived on milk and sandwiches with cheese on them. When I hit my late twenties, my tolerance disappeared. Some cheeses I can tolerate, but others, if I indulge too much, I'll feel it for a day or so. And you can forget about regular milk - bloating, gas, cramps...so Lactaid it is. And only Lactaid. I tried some of Wal-Mart's lactose-free milk and it was the nastiest shit I've ever tried in my life. I do like almond milk, though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast