Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worlds on NBC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    NBC is showing worlds on universal sports. They're just doing a consolodated version on the non cable network. The top six of ladies and men I suspect.
    That's disgusting. Many of us don't even get Universal sports depending on where we live. NBC sucks.

vCash
    Well Vash it's not like you can't subscribe to ice network.

vCash
    For anyone interested, the Universal broadcasts of Worlds are being shown currently on Sundance Network. Check for times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I'd give anything for the days of ABC WWOS...I'd sell my body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    I'm with you on that! I miss the good ole days of coverage on ABC.

vCash
    ...or the coverage we once got on ESPN!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    That's right, and isn't ESPN an affiliate with ABC? I also remember when CBS used to show some figure skating.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    That's right, and isn't ESPN an affiliate with ABC? I also remember when CBS used to show some figure skating.
    Hey, even FOX used to show some cheesefests way back when! As for Worlds, guess they just didn't bid high enough.

But hey--there's good news!! Rumor has it that next year there will be a whole week's worth of coverage of Worlds on the Food Network!!!! And who knows--maybe even a little skating too!!

vCash
    That's right, and isn't ESPN an affiliate with ABC?
    Other way around...

vCash
    It was so lame today. Not even worth watching. I'll stick to YouTube and live streaming for next season...if I'm still interested in skating. It's waning fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    For anyone interested, the Universal broadcasts of Worlds are being shown currently on Sundance Network. Check for times.
    Darn I wish I'd come back to this thread in time! My cable provider carries Sundance Net!

vCash
    They didn't show Anna Pogorilaya at all. She was perhaps the only one to skate clean.

vCash
    I expected NBC to show singles skaters only - don't think they even mentioned who won pairs and dance in their broadcast? (not unusual for them)

Summarizing from the other NBC thread in TV Alerts:

Five men's free skates were shown: Abbott #14 in FS start order, Machida #19, Hanyu #21, Fernandez #22 & Kozuka #23/final skater.

Mao Asada's SP was shown, followed by 7 free skates:
    Polina Edmunds (#16 in FS start order), M. B. Meite (#17 & 16th in FS) was chacked, not surprisingly. Then #18-24: Wagner, Kostner, Suzuki, Asada, Lipnitskaia, (Pogorilaya was chacked), and Gold, plus her brief interview with Tracy Wilson afterwards.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Unfortunately the fact that none of the American skaters got on the podium at this Worlds didn't help the enthusiasm of NBC for figure skating coverage in America.

I guess I'm glad I live in Canada (where until the cuts take effect) we still have decent coverage.

vCash
    US network TV sinks to a new all-time low in coverage of Worlds. They even cut the originally-announced 3 hours of Worlds coverage to just two hours, to make room for the "SOI Tour Info-mercial" complete with Scott H. shouting "Olympic bronze medalist, xxxxxxx!" as if those skaters had won the REAL bronze medals in their disciplines. Ha-ha!-Can't fool us! Only Meryl & Charlie won 'legit' Olympic medals in the traditional disciplines...which is much more than U.S. skaters can claim at Worlds.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    as if those skaters had won the REAL bronze medals
    They gave out fake bronze medals for the team event? Did the Russians get fake Gold Medals? Are they really just chocolate coins?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    They gave out fake bronze medals for the team event? Did the Russians get fake Gold Medals? Are they really just chocolate coins?
    They are real...just not THE traditional medals. It's false advertising to market an individual as THE Olympic medalist, unless it is qualified with the words "...in the team event" as NBC did occasionally during the show...but not always.

Russia won the Team Event but only V/T, Sotnikova and I/K are true medalists in the traditional events. Lipnitskaya or Plushchenko, for ex, are members of the 2014 Olympic Team Event but cannot/should not market themselves as individual "2014 Olympic Medalists" in the traditional sense. (Plush, of course, can do so if referring to 2002, 2006 and 2010 Olympics.)
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Your bias is showing.
    I'm sure that all the OTM's would be surprised to learn that their medals are "false"/not real; and less significant than others!

vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    NBC chacked their World coverage on Sunday and showed the UConn Huskies parade. Yuck an up with IN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinbiscuit View Post
    NBC chacked their World coverage on Sunday and showed the UConn Huskies parade. Yuck an up with IN
    Yeah, that was just your local NBC. The UConn parade wasn't shown in most areas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12