Thread: Posting error

vCash

Posting error

I'm getting a database error when trying to post. My username shows up in the last post column but the post is missing from the thread??
    I'm afraid I'm double posting and I can't even see it.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I see it--it's in the D&W thread. Unfortunately, I can't past page 26 on that thread and your post should be on page 27.

I just got a database error on another thread, too.

My advice for now is to wait a while and then try again.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    There appears to be a major fault. I got a database error when posting in the word association thread several hours ago, but it showed up (post 645). However, falling dance's post at post 644 is showing up as the last post, yet there have been 4 subsequent posts. In the Off The Beaten Track section, it shows the position as of several hours ago because it's not showing each threads correct last post. It's the same across the board with the Thrash Can, the Great Skate Debate, etc

ETA - its the same with this thread - mollymgr's 1st post is showing as the last post, despite the fact that there have been 2 subsequent posts

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Having similar problems as well -- the forum home page seems to be updated to indicate the most recent comments, yet when I open up any of the subforums, they don't show and posts past around 10:00 EDT or thereabouts.

I posted in the movie thread in OTBT a few hours ago, and I know there have been at least two comments after it, but none of them is showing up.

vCash
    I'm having the same trouble as Maofan's and Cyn's on several threads in OTBT. I hope our server is okay.
    Awesome Richard Dornbush Rebooted ...hopefully
    ♬ Fabulous Maé Bérénice Méité ♪

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Just adding that I have that same database error issue in case you are tracking it or something. My post is there, but it doesn't bump the thread up or show a new post has been added to the thread.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    It's been flagged.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Administrator
    vCash
    Looking in to this.

Administrator
    vCash
    Should be sorted now.

vCash
    I don't know if it's the same thing, but in trying to view the Snark thread in secret sources - the last post I see is Jen's #940, I posted after that with a snark about not being able to view new posts to see what would happen and I can't see any news posts including my own. I see others have posted but can't read them. Also the go to last post read button only takes me to the top of page 47.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Same issue here.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I don't know if it's the same thing, but in trying to view the Snark thread in secret sources - the last post I see is Jen's #940, I posted after that with a snark about not being able to view new posts to see what would happen and I can't see any news posts including my own. I see others have posted but can't read them. Also the go to last post read button only takes me to the top of page 47.
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Same issue here.
    Okay that's weird. Looking in to it.

Administrator
    vCash
    How about now?

vCash
    If I go to the main page, it shows that the most recent post in PI is in the Ukraine thread at 1:28am (eastern time) today. But if I open up PI, it shows the most recent post in the Ukraine thread was made yesterday at 10:30am. But if I click on the last page of the Ukraine thread, I can actually see the post made at 1:28am. Weird!
    Creating drama!

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Seems to be working OK. The in me wonders if vBulletin is messing around with us because we're moving.... Co-incidence? You decide.
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    If I go to the main page, it shows that the most recent post in PI is in the Ukraine thread at 1:28am (eastern time) today. But if I open up PI, it shows the most recent post in the Ukraine thread was made yesterday at 10:30am. But if I click on the last page of the Ukraine thread, I can actually see the post made at 1:28am. Weird!
    Probably related to the database hiccup we had this morning. It should resolve itself in due course. If not, I'll run some diagnostics.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuven View Post
    Seems to be working OK. The in me wonders if vBulletin is messing around with us because we're moving.... Co-incidence? You decide.
    LOL. I like your thinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Server Guy View Post
    How about now?
    It's working normally again for me. Thank you!