Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I've never been selfconscious about my panty lines. I don't get the big deal, to be brutally honest.
    And there's the option of not wearing panties at all. If you're wearing tights with pants or leggings or a skirt on top, you don't really need panties, unless the skirt doesn’t have panties attached.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Panties

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I don't wear leggings, because I'm not skinny enough for leggings.
    You beat me to that comment. Track pants, t-shirt and a light jacket in summer. Substitute long sleeved top in winter. I've never had an issue catching a blade in the track pants, but I don't jump and can't spin.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Oh, yes, you reminded me - I always wear gloves. Always. I hate cold hands.
    My hands get chapped really easily, even in moderate cold, so gloves are essential.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I wear the frosty tights under my work pants when it gets below 0. I have to walk about a mile to work, so they are a huge help! Our rink is warm though, and sometimes they are TOO warm.
    that sounds kind of amazing, given that i am generally colder than everyone else lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Hop View Post
    You beat me to that comment. Track pants, t-shirt and a light jacket in summer. Substitute long sleeved top in winter. I've never had an issue catching a blade in the track pants, but I don't jump and can't spin.
    My hands get chapped really easily, even in moderate cold, so gloves are essential.
    I'm totally the opposite with the gloves, I can't skate with them on at all. My hands feel trapped or something.

vCash
    Nothing comes between me and my skates

vCash
    I wear a T-shirt, light cotton hoodie, and a fleece jacket, with either cotton workout/lounge pants (bootcut) or fleece workout/lounge pants (bootcut), depending on how cold it is. So far, I haven't gotten my blades caught in the bootcut pants, but I'm at a beginner level. I avoid yoga pants/leggings due to the aftorementioned panty line issue! I always wear knit gloves (little cheap ones, from Target/Walmart) for warmth and in case I fall. Currently I wear lightweight socks with my skates. Years ago, I used to wear just nylon knee-highs, but right now I like a little more cushioning with socks.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I just found a great pair of cheap leggings from ModCloth (I need something to pad an order for free shipping and they were $14.) Stretchy with a soft lining to add a little warmth. So far, they work great for skating now I've hit the treadmill enough to subject the world to me in skintight pants again...

vCash
    I think most people wear variations on the theme of black leggings/yoga pants. Simply, they work. I wear a leotard and tights with leggings or dance pants over that. If it's cold, in addition to my leotard and leggings combo, I wear a close-fitting cashmere turtleneck and stretchy gloves.

vCash
    Yeah, I prefer to not have to skate with gloves. I "feel" the skating better without them. However, there are some rinks where the cold is so bone-chilling that I can't go without them for more than a few minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12