Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    What do you wear for practice? :)

    I didn't see a recent thread about what you wear to practice, so I hope it is ok to start a new one.

    I've just returned to skating so i've been wearing leggings (american apparel winter leggings), whatever shirt, and a light jacket. I just bought some danskin leggings (at walmart, what a deal haha). I feel like I have some skating skirts and stuff at my parents house that would still fit, and tights too.. Hmm.

    Anyways, now I'm curious what all of you wear!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    I usually wear shorts over my leggings, or less often a skating skirt or skating dress, and a turtleneck top, with a sweater if it's cold.

    Occasionally I'll wear jazz pants or heavy leggings without something else over my butt as long as the shirt is long enough to cover part of it.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gwyneth Paltrow Fan Club headquarters
    Posts
    17,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    30881
    Yoga pants with tights underneath, a long-sleeved T-shirt (with a thermal long-sleeve shirt under it in winter) and a yoga jacket.

    I have some pull-on skating skirts like this http://www.jerryskate.com/product/1481.aspx
    but I don't wear them that often.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,915
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12302
    I wear yoga pants, a long sleeved t-shirt, and a fleece workout jacket if I skate indoors. Outdoors, I wear a heck of a lot more.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Leggings and t shirt.
    For winter I like under armour frosty tights. Summer I have over the heel from NY2sportswear. Cheaper than Chloe Noel.

    I wear gloves and a fleece when needed.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,915
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12302
    I don't wear leggings, because I'm not skinny enough for leggings. Yoga pants, they are my friends.

    Oh, yes, you reminded me - I always wear gloves. Always. I hate cold hands.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,467
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    20970
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I don't wear leggings, because I'm not skinny enough for leggings.
    There's a reason I wear shorts over my leggings.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    I don't wear leggings, because I'm not skinny enough for leggings. Yoga pants, they are my friends.

    Oh, yes, you reminded me - I always wear gloves. Always. I hate cold hands.
    I feel I am not skinny enough for leggings also, but I'm too scared to jump in yoga pants...

    If it is a free style session I'll wear tights, a skirt and a skivvy (turtle neck)... If its public, I skate with my fat legging legs in all their glory!

    Oh, and leg warmers... always leg warmers.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    Posts
    5,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33955
    I hate being cold and for the 7 am session that's held in an ice cube, I do two pairs of tights (one footed, one footless), leg warmers and fleece-lined pants or leggings. Wool gloves are a must for me, even in the summer since I always manage to fall awkwardly and would rather not do that on bare hands. I mostly wear boot cut pants because some of the flared yoga pants freak me out for jumps, too. One of my friends gave me her older pair of lulu pants and while I love them, I managed to catch my toe pick on the hem one time and haven't skated in them since.

    Dresses and skirts are reserved for tests, shows or competitions in my case

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,915
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12302
    Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    There's a reason I wear shorts over my leggings.
    I'm short/wide enough that shorts over leggings simply call attention to things I'd rather hide. Best not.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Most of my fat is is the shape of a bulging lower belly, so my focus is on finding ways to hide it when in skating attire. Wide-bottomed shirts only help if I'm standing still, but once I start moving forward, the top clings to the shape for all to see and laugh about. My other issue is my obsession over panty lines - when it comes to that, I don't care how skinny or fat someone is, because panty lines ruin everything. I wear longer tops to hide any possible panty lines, but the tops have to also minimize the embarrassment of the bulge. If anyone has any ideas for how to hide the bulge and not have panty lines visible, please share them with me!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    Quote Originally Posted by treesprite View Post
    Most of my fat is is the shape of a bulging lower belly, so my focus is on finding ways to hide it when in skating attire. Wide-bottomed shirts only help if I'm standing still, but once I start moving forward, the top clings to the shape for all to see and laugh about. My other issue is my obsession over panty lines - when it comes to that, I don't care how skinny or fat someone is, because panty lines ruin everything. I wear longer tops to hide any possible panty lines, but the tops have to also minimize the embarrassment of the bulge. If anyone has any ideas for how to hide the bulge and not have panty lines visible, please share them with me!
    High waisted g-string?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,300
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Yoga pants over skating tights, t-shirt and my light jacket in the winter.

    Skating tights, skirt or dance shorts and a t-shirt or singlet top in the summer.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,915
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12302
    Quote Originally Posted by treesprite View Post
    If anyone has any ideas for how to hide the bulge and not have panty lines visible, please share them with me!
    Fleece skating jacket with princess seams. The fleece material is stiff enough that it won't blow in against the belly. The princess seams give shape to the waist, while hiding the belly under the natural flare out of the jacket at the hip. If the jacket is the right length, it will cover the belly - and the panty lines.

    But in terms of panty lines, you can also play with different materials for your trousers. Thicker material, and less clingy in that area, can help hide panty lines. Darker colors can help as well - makes them less obvious.

    There are also specific underwear styles designed to minimize panty lines. I think Haynes, for example, has some designed for that. They fit like normal undies, but they have flatter seams, so are less likely to show.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm too fat for leggings in real life too- but they are the best for the ice. I've caught my blade on both track pants and yoga pants, and that really sucks.

    My biggest problem is our rink is in a mall, so to leave, I have to walk through the mall and I worry people will think I picked this as an outfit. Which I would never do, except for skating. I'm actually less self conscious walking through the mall in a skating skirt + tights and a t-shirt over the top (after a competition, for instance) because I assume people will think that is supposed to be a costume!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    hadn't heard of ny2sportswear before! Will definitely check it out. I remember liking a Jerry's skirt when I was a teen, I think. I was looking at those underarmour frosty tights, not for skating but just bc it is SO COLD this year haha. Glad to hear people like them! and gloves, yes I always wear gloves!

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    165
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think Haynes, for example, has some designed for that. They fit like normal undies, but they have flatter seams, so are less likely to show.
    That's exactly what I wear. And now that everyone knows my underwear brand....... They definitely seem to cause the least panty line issues.

    Fleece skating jacket with princess seams.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look around.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,300
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    I've never been selfconscious about my panty lines. I don't get the big deal, to be brutally honest.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I'm too fat for leggings in real life too- but they are the best for the ice. I've caught my blade on both track pants and yoga pants, and that really sucks.

    My biggest problem is our rink is in a mall, so to leave, I have to walk through the mall and I worry people will think I picked this as an outfit. Which I would never do, except for skating. I'm actually less self conscious walking through the mall in a skating skirt + tights and a t-shirt over the top (after a competition, for instance) because I assume people will think that is supposed to be a costume!
    I feel the same way. I often get the tram to the rink, so I wear a skirt over my leggings for travelling.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerain View Post
    hadn't heard of ny2sportswear before! Will definitely check it out. I remember liking a Jerry's skirt when I was a teen, I think. I was looking at those underarmour frosty tights, not for skating but just bc it is SO COLD this year haha. Glad to hear people like them! and gloves, yes I always wear gloves!
    I wear the frosty tights under my work pants when it gets below 0. I have to walk about a mile to work, so they are a huge help! Our rink is warm though, and sometimes they are TOO warm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •