Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRidge View Post
    Not to mention that she will have opportunities in the future to win a Worlds title.
    When is Russia hosting World again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    What individual medalists (in all disciplines) are attending?
    Dance - I/K
    Ladies- Kostner, maybe Sotnikova
    Men- Hanyu
    Pairs- S/K, S/S, maybe V/T

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    When is Russia hosting World again?
    I so hope at this point that Adelina does win a World title, and bonus if it happens in Boston 2016.

vCash
    I realize that everyone's hard on Adelina, but to me she's a more worthy winner than Hanyu. Don't get me wrong, I get the fact that there are questions whether she deserved to beat Kim or Kostner. However, at least Adelina actually skated well. I'd frankly rather have named none of the men Olympic Champion. (And one could frankly make similar arguments about Hanyu's PCS.

vCash
    So what Russian ladies are going at this point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Evan Sarah was more accomplished the Adelina. If Adelina retires she goes down as the worst Olympic Gold medalist ever. And Sarah didn't go to Worlds after the Olympics in 2002.
    At least Adelina doesn't flutz and has better posture and jumps than Sarah. Plus she's prettier than Sarah. Sarah and Emily have got to be the least attractive female skaters I've ever seen. Even make-up doesn't help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    At least Adelina doesn't flutz and has better posture and jumps than Sarah. Plus she's prettier than Sarah. Sarah and Emily have got to be the least attractive female skaters I've ever seen. Even make-up doesn't help.
    Doesn't flutz?

I think Emily is kind of cute. Sarah isn't attractive but why does it matter? With some recent exceptions like Sasha Cohen and Gracie, the US doesn't have a history of really pretty figure skaters but they did alright anyway. At least they know how to properly shave their pits.
    Last edited by fenway2; 03-07-2014 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    is it so unheard of that skater improved 20 points during a season?
    Consider Denis Ten 2012/2013 season
    ISU GP Skate Canada International 2012 203.70
    ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2012 177.77
    Four Continents 2013 197.26
    World Championships 2013 266.48

His component score from Four Continents long program were 70.48 which grew to 87.16 at World
    I far as I remember we all were happily cheering for Denis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by troika View Post

His component score from Four Continents long program were 70.48 which grew to 87.16 at World
    For ten and hanyu its ok for a Russian it means corruption

vCash
    The title of this thread is just asking for trolling. *sheesh*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    Actually Sarah is pretty attractive. Plus she had much better posture than Adelina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by troika View Post

Kind of hard to compare Ten's masterpiece programs from Worlds to Sotnikova's technical programs that lack the complexity of choreography and transitions. I also don't recall Ten delivering performances anywhere near his Worlds skates earlier in the season. Sotnikova actually had performances of comparable quality to her Olympic long program earlier in the season. Anyways, I digress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    The title of this thread is just asking for trolling. *sheesh*

Blue Ridge was correct - I titled the thread based on the title of the Russian article. Period. No agenda, no hidden intent, not trying to be "provocative." They used the term downgrade, I copied it. If you prefer to infer otherwise, have at it.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwantumleap View Post
    Kind of hard to compare Ten's masterpiece programs from Worlds to Sotnikova's technical programs that lack the complexity of choreography and transitions. I also don't recall Ten delivering performances anywhere near his Worlds skates earlier in the season. Sotnikova actually had performances of comparable quality to her Olympic long program earlier in the season. Anyways, I digress.
    Lol where was this comparable Adelina performance to her Olympic one?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Ten tweeted:

Sad to announce this but I won't be at Worlds. Sorry to my fans who planned their trips! When things get fixed i will be back stronger.

Tatjana Flade tweeted:

Worlds entries online: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051515.htm … D.Ten cancelled to heal injuries, fix boot issues. Get well soon, @Tenis_Den!

And from Misha Ge:

@Tenis_Den Everyone will miss you there for sure, you had a tough year but with great success! Have a good rest for recovery! #Neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    For ten and hanyu its ok for a Russian it means corruption
    For Ten it meant recognition for a skater with little politiks and who was generally underrated.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    For Ten it meant recognition for a skater with little politiks and who was generally underrated.
    What's the difference between that and people waiting for 3 years for adelina to finally deliver on all he promise she showed as a jr And there were at least flashes of sometimes when she turned sr?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    What's the difference between that and people waiting for 3 years for adelina to finally deliver on all he promise she showed as a jr And there were at least flashes of sometimes when she turned sr?
    She has a strong Federation behind her and received her share of high PCS from early on. The same was true of Hanyu.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    She has a strong Federation behind her and received her share of high PCS from early on. The same was true of Hanyu.
    But Adelina's PCS were much higher at the Olympics that previous competitions, weren't they?

And international judges have been ranking Hanyu high for quite some time. It didn't just happen at the Olympics. Not to mention, Hanyu's win over Chan was not controversial or questionable.

And Adelina can't be compared to Ten, either. Ten was underscored in PCS for a long time and he pretty much forced the judges to change their mind with his Artist programs, especially when he skated them lights out.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    So what Russian ladies are going at this point?
    Julia Lipnitskaya and Anna Pogorilaya, which may actually be of more interest than whether Adelina is prettier than the Hughes sisters.

I think its going to be a showdown at Worlds between Mao and Julia. I'm imaging Julia wants to put the Oly single comp behind her so I think we'll really see her shine. I am interested in how Anna will do. She had such a poor outing at GPF but she is capable of much more.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Well the question still remains... will she be downgraded > or did she get a full under-rotation to a double toe edge-call flutz?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast