Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Wait... you mean it wasn't?
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow..._FS_Scores.pdf

Full credit and positive GOE. The judging was on crack for everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    Yes, I think at any competition other than the Olympics that lutz would have been marked <.
    Just in case some people are still thinking this,
    it was round.

It was actually a pretty professional save if you ask me, Not a 3 though obviously

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/ow..._FS_Scores.pdf

Full credit and positive GOE. The judging was on crack for everyone.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gsa69_2014_news
    Slow mo @ 6:34. Looks like her toe hits past the 1/4 mark to me?
    Last edited by begin34; 03-14-2014 at 12:25 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by begin34 View Post
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gsa69_2014_news
    Slow mo @ 6:34. Looks like her toe hits past the 1/4 mark to me?
    I can't play the link. But slo-mo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgXK...utu.be&t=6m20s
    and super slo-mo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgXK...utu.be&t=6m35s work well!
    I hit play & pause several times. But it's not clear. May hit past 1/4 or may not. Whatever GOE 3 is .

And Sotnikova's slo-mo http://youtu.be/CrVL5tM926s?t=6m30s shows her 2nd triple has less rotations than Yuna's beside the toe-axel and her 3Lz shoule be dinged. Also got GOE 3? BTW, why there's no super slo like that of Yuna???

Anyway, those were not the videos TS or TC used to judge.
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 03-14-2014 at 08:57 AM.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    A striking picture of sloppiness maybe. Between her hunched shoulders, turtle neck and poor lines, with none of her movements extended properly, it was just .

I've recently re-watched her 2002 Olympics SP because of some discussion about those results and it was even worse than I remembered.
    The only striking pictures she painted on the SLC ice were the tracings she made on her curved / mule-kicked takeoffs and hooked landings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by libra55 View Post
    Her marketability even in Russia is as questionable as her OGM. Russia has two Olympic champs in ladies - Liptistkaya and Sotnikova, who are represented by hostile, so to say, "PR agents" - Ilia Averbukh and Tatiana Tarassova. We definitely will see the war betwen them.
    I always felt they should have let Sotnikova skate the short. Not going to affect the final result in any way, given how rigged the whole event was, but they could have had another ladies OGM and Sotnikova would have become a double OGM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Arakawa became remarkable after she won the OGM IMO.
    Remarkably thin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I always felt they should have let Sotnikova skate the short. Not going to affect the final result in any way, given how rigged the whole event was, but they could have had another ladies OGM and Sotnikova would have become a double OGM.
    But then I/K wouldn't get the team medal, and, considering their track record this season, no one could guarantee medal-worthy performances in the individual event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    But then I/K wouldn't get the team medal, and, considering their track record this season, no one could guarantee medal-worthy performances in the individual event.
    Actually I was going to suggest I/K skate both portions.

I think it is ironic that they left Sotnikova off the Team and denied her a pretty much assured gold medal, and then she proceeded to win the biggest prize herself.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash

I think it is ironic that they left Sotnikova off the Team and denied her a pretty much assured gold medal, and then she proceeded to win the biggest prize herself.
    I do wonder if we would have seen the same fight and fire from Adelina in the individual event had she had the Team Event experience and the satisfying gold medal to go along with that event. She was denied, pissed, hungry, and then set out to prove her detractors wrong.

vCash

It was decided very early on that they were going to use substitutes in ice dance and pairs. In pairs - because there was too little time between the team and individual event, in ice dance - because I/K have already blown many chances, and the Federation had to fall back on good old B/S to make sure the team medal does not slip through fingers after all. Sotnikova was supposed to skate four programs at the Olympics, but then Julia won the European championship, and that gave her an edge over Adelina. I think it was just an incredibly lucky turn of events for everyone involved, because they got so much more than they could ever hope to get. And it's not like Adelina was abandoned by the Federation and had no support, the protocols of the ladies event suggest otherwise

vCash
    Still, Adelina was obviously not happy about missing out on gold in the team event, and seeing Julia soaking up all the spotlight. Clearly, it lit a fire under Adelina. Gurrl had her game face on, and then some. And yep, Adelina surely also knew she had only to skate her best and the marks would be there for her. Julia's miscues in singles event likely served as more fuel for Adelina's fire.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011