Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    I'm with Ilia Kulik. I'm an adult skater. Been skating regularly since 1995. I just switched from Grafs to Edea over the holidays and I am absolutely thrilled. I thought I would never really find a boot I really like. Easiest break-in ever. They have forward flex from the get-go without having to break in a crease near the ankles. The flex is somehow in the tongue. You have to tie them differently than regular boots. I only have gel pads on my inside ankle bones. Otherwise I've had no sore spots at all. They are light too...almost like tennis shoes but with really good support. I'm a fan and can see why so many elite skaters have made the switch. I think they are a little ugly but who cares when they make skating so fun and pleasant!
    thanks for the feedback! i'll need to find a dealer in the la area. don't feel comfortable ordering over the internet without some sort of fitting

vCash
    I wear custom Klingbeil. They have pretty much zero break-in period. (In the past, I've used Riedell, Harlick, SPTeri, Jackson, and Risport. ) I've never had skates be so pain-free from the beginning. I'm on my second pair. And they last forever. I had the first pair for 8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I had Risports for several years because I had no choice (couldn't get any other boots in my size). It wasn't until I was able to wear another manufacturer's boots that I realized how stiff the Risports were. I think they're good boots for people who skate strongly enough to break them down , but they're not for everyone.
    Yeah. Not a fan of Risport. I had a pair for several years. Although the fit was amazing, they were deceptively stiff and I was in utter pain for a good year. They're still not broken down--and I'm hard on skates. The soles eventually rotted out and because of the way they are constructed, the soles can't be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12