Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Wonder where he bit him?

vCash
    Who says two cannot wear the same pants, Johnny! Just make it bigger.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Frankly, I'm finding this thread extremely disturbing.

So, domestic violence is a light-hearted issue now, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it? It's not a serious issue, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it? It's something to be flippant and make jokes about, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    So, domestic violence is a light-hearted issue now, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it? It's not a serious issue, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it? It's something to be flippant and make jokes about, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it?
    I think that if Johnny had a wife who would have been the victim people would take this more seriously?
    On the other hand, they both love fame and being in the public eye, so I can't help but wonder if this was just a publicity stunt.

vCash

As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash

This. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

vCash

You are so right. There is nothing funny in domestic violence.
    Nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Nothing.
    Agree

vCash
    All I can say is, this doesn't sound good. :-(

vCash
    Nothing.
    Having lived it I agree sincerely with that statement.
    "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." Oscar Wilde

vCash
    Nothing.
    I agree. I've been surprised that people are reacting so flippantly to this. Is it because they're a gay couple? Do people not take them as seriously? I don't know. But domestic violence is domestic violence.
    That said, I'm wondering if this is the whole story. The fact that Victor tweeted this out was...weird. He has also tweeted--and deleted--a request for advice on what to do, which seemed really odd to do ask of his Twitter followers rather than his friends and family. Odd for a lawyer, too. It seemed rather manipulative. That, and the fact that he asked for the case to be dismissed doesn't exonerate Johnny, but it cast doubts on Victor's stability and credibility. On the other hand, if he is a victim, he doesn't deserve blame. Overall my feeling is, they have issues and they need to work them out (or end it). I hope they move forward in a healthy way, but it really is a private matter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    I hope they move forward in a healthy way, but it really is a private matter.
    this.

But I have to say, absolutely nothing about what happened indicates either is happening. This is not the way a healthy relationship happens nor do they seem to grasp the concept of privacy.

vCash
    Really disappointing that Johnny would do this sort of thing. Especially since his stock seems to be rising, being an abuser is bad news.

Then again, I don't understand how an adult bites another adult, unless they are already in a situation where they are fighting, which tells me that Victor probably wasn't innocent in this. Or maybe my imagination isn't working well; but hitting someone can be unprovoked- how do you go and bite someone who isn't holding you in close proximity? It's very bizarre.

But in court on Tuesday, the pair put on a united front, with Voronov placing his hand on his husband's knee and whispering into his ear, the website reported.
    So who here is pressing charges? Because that is weird behavior in a courtroom is Voronov is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Really disappointing that Johnny would do this sort of thing. Especially since his stock seems to be rising, being an abuser is bad news.

Then again, I don't understand how an adult bites another adult, unless they are already in a situation where they are fighting, which tells me that Victor probably wasn't innocent in this. Or maybe my imagination isn't working well; but hitting someone can be unprovoked- how do you go and bite someone who isn't holding you in close proximity? It's very bizarre.

So who here is pressing charges? Because that is weird behavior in a courtroom is Voronov is.
    people just can't use public servants like its a babysitter or something. He chose to press charges. He made it public and official. Then he had to appear in court and officially ask for them to be dropped.

They seem almost proud of their who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe type marriage. Not a good sign IMHO. They seem to be saying it was a physical altercation. The bite is just a tangible thing he could point to when pressing charges. I hope they get therapy because so far it's all attention seeking, excuses and bogus sexist patter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Weir
    marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be],' he said.
    'I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom.'
    Just when I thought my opinion of him couldn't get any lower, he comes up with sexist bullshit like this.

vCash
    One can't trust every word one reads in trash like the Daily Mail.

ETA: Has no one noticed this article can't be found in any legitimate publication? The Daily Mail is basically the National Enquirer. I'll believe this when I see it somewhere reputable.
    Last edited by toddlj; 03-05-2014 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    They seem almost proud of their who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe type marriage. Not a good sign IMHO. They seem to be saying it was a physical altercation. The bite is just a tangible thing he could point to when pressing charges. I hope they get therapy because so far it's all attention seeking, excuses and bogus sexist patter.
    I don't see any pride in dysfunction coming from Johnny. Yes, he was very public about their marriage and being in love. And to me, the love seemed very real. But he wasn't the one who made this incident public. He hasn't said a word about it except to say that it's a private matter. In that interview, he was asked about his marriage. He said something like, "It can be bliss, but there are also fireworks." He didn't get specific about anything. In fact, his answer was very similar to what a lot of people say when asked about marriage--it's not perfect, it takes work. Maybe he answered it in a weird, sexist way, but he wasn't trying t make a story out of their issues. He was simply answering the question. It was Victor who made the whole thing public. He tweeted that he could "finally breathe again" after going to Atlanta. He tweeted a bunch of photos of them and said something like, "Johnny, it's just you and me kid. For better or for worse." [I'm paraphrasing] A lot of stuff to suggest that there were problems, and to get people talking about it. Johnny didn't do anything except stop gushing about Victor and (significantly) stop wearing his wedding ring for a while. That is not a person who is seeking attention for this.
    I don't know who is guilty here, but I agree with the person who said it's quite possible that it's not just a case of Victor being the poor innocent victim and Johnny stalking him like Sleeping With the Enemy. It could have even been self-defense. All we know is that Victor is the one who called the police.

vCash

Thank you. Just because they made up, that doesn't mean domestic violence is something to laugh off. I'd have hoped that more people would be aware of that.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    I don't think domestic violence is funny, but I do think this sounds like a total b*tchfight that reinforces just about every bad stereotype . Is this really a matter for the police and courts? Sounds more like two self-indulgent drama queens to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    I don't think domestic violence is funny, but I do think this sounds like a total b*tchfight that reinforces just about every bad stereotype . Is this really a matter for the police and courts? Sounds more like two self-indulgent drama queens to me.
    ^^^
    THIS!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast