Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 312
  1. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Unfortunately it's not unusual for someone who has been abused to return to the abuser esp if the abuser convinces the abused they changed. I am scared, Victor had no problem abusing his own mother and then raking up 4 DUI's months after getting out of rehab. He was on probation for one of the DUI's when he married Johnny and until recently was attending a 12 step program in order to gain his NY law license. All public record. Johnny hasn't been "seen" on twitter or instragram since returning to Victor. I can just imagine how his family is taking this, especially since Victor called them mentally ill and anti semites last week on twitter.
    Could you not?! We have pictures of bite marks that Johnny gave him. Johnny himself has claimed that they both fought each other.
    If you're going to play the abuser angle make sure you clarify that they both qualify.

  2. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Unfortunately it's not unusual for someone who has been abused to return to the abuser esp if the abuser convinces the abused they changed. I am scared, Victor had no problem abusing his own mother and then raking up 4 DUI's months after getting out of rehab. He was on probation for one of the DUI's when he married Johnny and until recently was attending a 12 step program in order to gain his NY law license. All public record. Johnny hasn't been "seen" on twitter or instragram since returning to Victor. I can just imagine how his family is taking this, especially since Victor called them mentally ill and anti semites last week on twitter.
    Could you not?! We have pictures of bite marks that Johnny gave him. Johnny himself has claimed that they both fought each other.
    If you're going to play the abuser angle make sure you clarify that they both qualify.

  3. #203

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Wow misskarne, you sound like you were once in a relationship with Johnny! How do you come to this conclusion exactly?
    Oh please, anyone who claims that Weir is not manipulative is in deluded lalaland.

  4. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,005
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zebraswan View Post
    I don't think Johnny has enough real relationship experience to understand that this is not what a marriage should look like. I think he should have spent a bit more time dating around. There are so many red flags with Victor, but I don't think anyone can get through to Johnny, and those who do (like his mom) will probably just be accused of "meddling." I hope they get some therapy at least.
    Relationship experience is overrated for marriage. Maturity and self-awareness is underrated for marriage. One can have a couple dozen relationships but if every one of them has crashed and burned with a ton of collateral damage, I don't think that person is ready for marriage.

    I married my second boyfriend. He was literally the second person who made it past a third date with me. I was my husband's first serious girlfriend. We are making it work despite our inexperience, because we respect each other and we're self-aware of our own feelings and moods, so we don't project them onto the other. We talk things out like mature adults. It's incredibly boring (and we are incredibly boring), but that's what's beautiful about it.

    I think antmanb's conclusion is correct - Johnny and Victor are interpreting drama for passion and love, because they think you have to suffer to feel. You don't.

  5. #205

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    delete

  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,248
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't think there is a simple solution for marriage. Two inexperienced people who are really good at working together and who are willing to commit and respect each other are golden. Two people who have dated many people, with lots of experience, who do not get compromise and commitment will either divorce or stay together miserably. Children are a factor, finances are a factor. We are a society that believes in monogamy, but has no respect for it. And we don't understand the meaning of making it work, even when it doesn't. Just want to be clear, I am not talking about abuse, when I say it doesn't.

  7. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,890
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My husband and I have happily reconciled. Please respect our privacy and integrity at this time.
    3:05 AM - 6 May 2014


    In other "news", Kim and Kanye want us all to mind our own business and ignore them.

  8. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,005
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I don't think there is a simple solution for marriage. Two inexperienced people who are really good at working together and who are willing to commit and respect each other are golden. Two people who have dated many people, with lots of experience, who do not get compromise and commitment will either divorce or stay together miserably. Children are a factor, finances are a factor. We are a society that believes in monogamy, but has no respect for it. And we don't understand the meaning of making it work, even when it doesn't. Just want to be clear, I am not talking about abuse, when I say it doesn't.
    I do think our society respects monogamy (judging by all the gasps and "awws" when we find out an elderly couple has been together 50+ years), but we don't realize what it takes to get there. Or maybe we do realize what it takes, we know what it is on paper, but don't have the self-awareness to make it happen for ourselves.

    I won't say that it takes "work," cause work sounds like it's awful and tedious, and who would bother with a relationship at all if it takes so much "work." But it does take effort. I know I'm still inexperienced because I've only been married a year, but I have seen that it takes effort. It takes effort to look inside yourself, figure out the right questions to ask, the right issues to point out, then reach out to your partner and make yourself vulnerable like that. I acknowledge that it will possibly take a lot more effort in the future.

    And both people have to be willing to acknowledge any and all potential issues, which is why relationships are so tricky. It can't be one person putting in all the effort, no matter how stubborn and hard-working they are. My sister has the capability of doing the work of 5 people, but even she can't make a relationship work by herself.

    I also had to because I finally told my aunt and uncle yesterday that my sister broke up with her bf. (I had to, they were sitting across from me so I couldn't dodge it like my mom could over the phone. ) My mom was hesitant in telling them, because...let's just say that these relatives really like money, and he was crazy smart and made a lot of money, and they wouldn't understand why she broke up with him. But they said that even from the beginning, they could see that she was putting in all the effort and he put in none for her, and they wanted someone more emotionally supportive for her.

    All I could think was, "Geez, even they could see it wasn't going to work out, from the beginning! Damn, my sister really is stubborn!"



    For Johnny and Victor, from what we've seen, it looks like they respect monogamy but they have the entirely wrong idea about what a healthy monogamous relationship should look like. Nevermind the part about self-awareness.

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    54
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Relationship experience is overrated for marriage. Maturity and self-awareness is underrated for marriage. One can have a couple dozen relationships but if every one of them has crashed and burned with a ton of collateral damage, I don't think that person is ready for marriage.

    I married my second boyfriend. He was literally the second person who made it past a third date with me. I was my husband's first serious girlfriend. We are making it work despite our inexperience, because we respect each other and we're self-aware of our own feelings and moods, so we don't project them onto the other. We talk things out like mature adults. It's incredibly boring (and we are incredibly boring), but that's what's beautiful about it.

    I think antmanb's conclusion is correct - Johnny and Victor are interpreting drama for passion and love, because they think you have to suffer to feel. You don't.
    I guess I just don't think Victor is inherently a good person. Your husband sounds like he is. That's why I think it would have behooved Johnny to shop around a bit and not settle for this one just because it felt exciting and passionate.

    No, I don't think Johnny is an angel himself, but I think Victor is by far the sketchier party based on all I've seen, read and heard. And I'd say that even if I didn't like Johnny.

    But in skating news (does anyone remember that Johnny is a skater? ), he tweeted today that he's getting ready for his shows next month. Sounds like he has a Bollywood-themed program...can't wait to see it.

  10. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,401
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^ Oh yeah, I never forget that Johnny is a skater, cause that's how and why I became interested in him. And that's also his main claim to fame.

    BTW, anyone who knows so f'ing sure and no doubt about it that Johnny is a master manipulator, then they must know a lot about said skills themselves. And at the same time, boohoo for all those who can't get enough of letting Johnny "manipulate" them against their will.

    Of course, Johnny is no Angel,* but neither is he the Devil himself (as he's been labeled by quite a few hatin' Johnny addicts).

    *Johnny has obviously styled himself a Fallen Angel, but then he always had a flair for presentation, often OTT. But he's got the flash, flamboyance and confidence to back it up. He always did. That along with a multitude of other things about Johnny seems to piss some people off. Like I've said before, I think Johnny is a Survivor above all and I wish him well.

    These are my impressions and opinions based on following Johnny's skating career closely, and being involved as a long-time fan. I don't follow Johnny's tweets closely, nor have I followed him that closely since he stopped skating competitively. I have read his book, and I read between the lines. Plus I used to know a few people who knew Johnny fairly well and who knew some people in his inner circle. However, IMO, unless you really know Johnny, in fact, you will never know him. None of us on here will, unless you are an actual Johnny intimate in disguise.

    ETA:
    Of course that won't stop any of us from knowing all there is to know about Johnny Weir and dishing and eating it up and prognosticating and snarking and being all aghast at the Master's "manipulative" capacities.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-16-2014 at 10:06 PM.

  11. #211
    ...an acquired taste
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,448
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2161
    Well, looks like the trailer trash couple are back at it again...
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/18/johnny...police-report/

  12. #212

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,856
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40880
    Well, that was faster than I expected…and I really wasn't expecting it to be drama-free for that long.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  13. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,005
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Seriously.

  14. #214

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,173
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4024
    Timeline. Sometime last night Johnny left Victor and returned to his parents' house. He changed his twitter and IG name from Johnny Weir Voronov to Johnny Weir. Then these two twitters were posted.

    Johnny Weir ‏@JohnnyGWeir 19h
    Thank God for family. Nothing is stronger than blood.

    Johnny Weir ‏@JohnnyGWeir 8h
    A new day. Coffee with mama and papa and a day of OCD cleaning ahead.

    And this morning Victor tweeted (and deleted) that he had tricks up his sleeve and doesn't like to be messed with. I was blocked from Victor's twitter but a friend told me about it. A few hours later, he was filing report with the police and apparently called TMZ.

    Please note, Victor waited until after he posted his twitter and a good amount of hours before contacting the police.
    Last edited by judiz; 05-19-2014 at 01:01 AM.

  15. #215

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I Want to Go to There
    Posts
    9,856
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    40880
    You should be on Weir's PR team. It'd be a shame if you weren't paid.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

  16. #216

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7854
    Victor makes me sick. Come on Johnny, wake up.

  17. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,513
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    LOL

    Not that it's actually funny but more just a rolling eyes at both of them and everybody who's invested in this drama...

  18. #218
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This is the 2nd time we get photographic evidence of Johnny's violence
    I'm disturbed

  19. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,248
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think it's pretty weak evidence. There is nothing to identify the person with the "injuries". And, how do we know he didn't do it to himself?

  20. #220

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,520
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7854
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think it's pretty weak evidence. There is nothing to identify the person with the "injuries". And, how do we know he didn't do it to himself?
    Fabulous response Cruisin. Victor seems to have reported this to the police AND called in to TMZ, all a few hours after whatever supposedly happened occurred. At what point will the police stop believing Victor (well, they have filed no charges), and will TMZ ever stop "reporting" garbage?

    Surely Victor "wanted" Johnny back, so that he once again had access to Johnny's money, his earned income, life, and fame. Go away, Victor. Permanently. Hopefully Johnny had not signed any binding agreements in the failed attempt to get back together.

    Come on Johnny, start believing in your family, friends, fans, and most of all YOURSELF. You are better than what this man is doing to you. Go skate again. Keep going with the fabulous work you have been doing this year, at the Os, even at the Derby. Get a life.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •