Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

vCash
    A link to Weir's new Bollywood number ("Nagada Sang Dhol") is posted in the FoI Makuhari thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4275640

Article summarizing his recent FCNP column: http://www.eonline.com/news/548611/j...er-nude-photos
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-07-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I think the point Johnny was trying to make was not so much that he was embarrassed by the photos. It was more the way the man looked at him. That this man was embarrassed for him. That was what upset him. that he was put in a position for other people to look at him in that way. And by someone he trusted.
    He put himself in that position by allowing himself to be filmed naked, by posting naked pictures of himself on a social media site, and by allowing anyone - trusted or not - to take naked pictures of him on a cell phone. None of these things are fully secure, and none of these things offer full control to the subject of the picture.

For someone who has given countless interviews in the media, has been a heavy social media user for years and has been the subject of a reality show, he's got to know that *nothing* is secure, and *anything* can - and will - be taken "out of context."

It's truly horrible that someone he loved and trusted has done a lot of this to him, but at the same time he's got to start taking some responsibility. In the column he plays the innocent and the victim - in this case, he is neither.

vCash
    I didn't get the victim vibe, at all. Aside from him saying he cried for a few minutes, then pulled himself up by his bootstraps. I actually thought, that to some degree he was owning the fact that he allowed the photos to be taken. It was what was done, years later and without his permission, that he considers a problem.

vCash
    LOL. Johnny doesn't sound that upset, because he looks GOOD in his nude shots. Eh, people have been feigning outrage over nude photos posted on the internet since the '90's. Quite often, the offended party was part of the leak. It's a good way to keep your name in the headlines. Can't say I blame him if he did. Worked for the Kardashians and their ilk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    LOL. Johnny doesn't sound that upset, because he looks GOOD in his nude shots. Eh, people have been feigning outrage over nude photos posted on the internet since the '90's. Quite often, the offended party was part of the leak. It's a good way to keep your name in the headlines. Can't say I blame him if he did. Worked for the Kardashians and their ilk.
    He certainly does look good! I hardly think pics of him getting in and out of shower can be blamed on him; partners do that on a lark all the time! The others posed, he has to take more responsible for, but I appreciate them; HOT!

vCash
    LOL. He does look cute in his undies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I didn't get the victim vibe, at all. Aside from him saying he cried for a few minutes, then pulled himself up by his bootstraps. I actually thought, that to some degree he was owning the fact that he allowed the photos to be taken. It was what was done, years later and without his permission, that he considers a problem.
    You wouldn't know from the column that he had given permission for at least some of the photos to be taken (the stills from the TV show). Most of his embarrassment seems to be that people he is just meeting or that he works with might have already seen him nude. He hardly mentions anything about how those photos might have ended up on the Internet.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    You wouldn't know from the column that he had given permission for at least some of the photos to be taken (the stills from the TV show). Most of his embarrassment seems to be that people he is just meeting or that he works with might have already seen him nude. He hardly mentions anything about how those photos might have ended up on the Internet.
    Call me jaded, but if I had abs and an ass like that, I'd post them too! He's a little thing, but well proportioned obviously!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    How is he blaming others for this (other than being rightfully pissed off that someone used his photos to smear his image)? Should he have exercised more caution before posting something of himself on Grindr (apparently several years ago)? Yes. Did he make a mistake? Yes. Does he regret it? Possibly, or maybe at the time he was single and didn't really care if people knew he went online looking for sex. Should he have shown his butt on his TV show? I don't think that was a mistake any more than an actor who shows his butt in a movie. A still from the movie could be used out of context, too. Yes, that's a risk you take. But really, who would be thinking of that risk at the time of filming? Brian Joubert has a butt pic or two out there, doesn't he? I guess he's taking the same risk. Should Johnny have predicted that someday he might marry a sociopath who would use the tabloids to hurt him?
    He certainly does but then I don't think I've ever heard of Joubert boo-hooing about it after the event, or writing a column about he battled adversity after people saw his butt

From my perspective, none of the supposedly nude pictures of Johnny out there are anything shocking - topless pictures, a picture of his butt from him tv show? Who even cares, except seemingly now Johnny? If I were Johnny i'd not be embarrassed by these photos - I'd be a lot more embarrassed about the time he talked about his penis size on the radio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    He certainly does but then I don't think I've ever heard of Joubert boo-hooing about it after the event, or writing a column about he battled adversity after people saw his butt
    From my perspective, none of the supposedly nude pictures of Johnny out there are anything shocking - topless pictures, a picture of his butt from him tv show? Who even cares, except seemingly now Johnny? If I were Johnny i'd not be embarrassed by these photos - I'd be a lot more embarrassed about the time he talked about his penis size on the radio
    You honestly don't think Joubert would be upset if an ex had those photos (which presumably most of the public haven't seen) published in a tabloid under the guise that they were taken in secret during some kind of tryst (yes, I realize Joubert's photos are obviously posed, but if they weren't--if they were like Johnny's, where the context is ambiguous)? I would be upset if it happened to me. Maybe you wouldn't be, and maybe that's why you don't see why Johnny is upset. Obviously he doesn't care if people know his penis size or what his butt looks like. But there are other possible reasons why he's upset-- because someone used the images out of his control to make him look bad (suggesting he had cheated, for example, with the Grindr photo), or because the context in which the photos appeared put other people in a position where they had to be embarrassed when they met him. If someone was repeatedly running to the tabloids saying I had cheated, I had been violent, I was prone to rages, I had been cold and aloof, etc, I'd be upset.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justathoughtabl View Post
    You honestly don't think Joubert would be upset if an ex had those photos (which presumably most of the public haven't seen) published in a tabloid under the guise that they were taken in secret during some kind of tryst
    I have no idea what Joubert would think or if he'd even care - he's had plenty written in the tabloids about him in France about all of his various conquests and love life, and I haven't heard him complaining. If someone published stills from the documentary where he's on the elliptical machine in his small tight undies and claimed they were "Shocking! Nude! Photos!" I'd assume he wouldn't care since he did the documentary in the first place and allowed it to air, and anyone with half a brain would figure out that they were stills from that documentary. You'd have to have a big interest in him to find the story in the first place, so you'd be more than likely to be familiar with the source material.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I have no idea what Joubert would think or if he'd even care - he's had plenty written in the tabloids about him in France about all of his various conquests and love life, and I haven't heard him complaining. If someone published stills from the documentary where he's on the elliptical machine in his small tight undies and claimed they were "Shocking! Nude! Photos!" I'd assume he wouldn't care since he did the documentary in the first place and allowed it to air, and anyone with half a brain would figure out that they were stills from that documentary. You'd have to have a big interest in him to find the story in the first place, so you'd be more than likely to be familiar with the source material.
    This is not worth spending any more time on. Not my time, anyway.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516