Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Anyway, so any chance Tessa & Scott would continue?
    About 0% IMO.

Having said that, I wouldn;t be that surprised if they tried to come back for 2018 after a few years off. The field isn't particularly strong.

vCash
    From Partick instagram - Canadian boys in Tokyo
    http://instagram.com/p/mt9-ULx13o/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Anyone able to translate this? http://rsport.ru/interview/20140410/742362417.html From what I'm getting from Google translate, Marina sounds very ungreatful to the Ice dancers that gave earned her her first OGM in ice dancing. I don't understand why Marina has to talk bad about V/M and their skills in every interview. She never did that to D/W when V/M won in Vancouver. She needs to remove the foot from her mouth... V/M have every right to be mad about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I wonder how much of the answers Zoueva is giving is actually true. The answer about Meryl not being tall enough for ice dancing is complete bullshit. Her height did not hold them back, the lack of skills held her back. Is she not allowed to say that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    Alright, guys. Here is what we have been waiting for. The Japanese number V/M performed. This is all I got. Still looking for the other numbers.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ge2me...ese_Number.flv
    Has anyone found the other new programs V/M did in Japan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    Has anyone found the other new programs V/M did in Japan?
    We'll probably have to wait till CSOI. I especially wanna see the silk hats one. Dara (their Japanese fan) keeps saying how amazing it is--they performed it again at the Sunday show.

Tweets from Dara:
    @dara122: Tessa & Scott peformed EX with silk hats today !
    @dara122: At the end of the show, Scott gave 3 blown kisses xD He looked fun ! And So charming Tessa with a big smile ! I'm happy!!!!!
    @dara122: Tessa's dancing sence is amazing!!! Tessa dancing,and my eyes focus on her !! Tessa & Scott is brilliant !!
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Thanks, Shayii! Look like Dara saw every show

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks, Shayii! Look like Dara saw every show
    No problem pani! Yea looks like she really loves them. Here's a pic of Tess, Scott, Patrick, and Jeff at dinner just the four of them https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.ne...64333220_n.jpg
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Just one thing I noted from the interview with Marina - where she discussed how hard D&W had to work to to get the latin rhythm. Tessa's body moves so amazing to that rhythm and she and Scott were so convincing both in that free dance and then the next year the short dance - so hot - how could they ever place second - I never could understand that.
    pug lover

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Just one thing I noted from the interview with Marina - where she discussed how hard D&W had to work to to get the latin rhythm. Tessa's body moves so amazing to that rhythm and she and Scott were so convincing both in that free dance and then the next year the short dance - so hot - how could they ever place second - I never could understand that.
    For me that was the first major sign the tide turned against them and it was no longer about the programs or the skating because there is no way in hell they should have been in the same ballpark as D&W's latin SD....
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    For me that was the first major sign the tide turned against them and it was no longer about the programs or the skating because there is no way in hell they should have been in the same ballpark as D&W's latin SD....
    I had felt at that time that they didn't want to give it to them because that was in effect their only competition.
    I think they ice turned when they did Carmen. That was so superior .....I mean night and day superior and yet it was grossly under marked.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I was talking about their latin SD. The latin FD was easily accepted at the time because it was their first competition and for some reason you can't win that way. In hindsight it was a much better program but whatever, it's history I guess.

And yes, Carmen is where I lost all hope.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    I was talking about their latin SD. The latin FD was easily accepted at the time because it was their first competition and for some reason you can't win that way. In hindsight it was a much better program but whatever, it's history I guess.

And yes, Carmen is where I lost all hope.
    Yes, I too was talking about their Latin FD which I see as a triumph.
    Tessa particularly was amazing ...

vCash
    V/M really outdid themselves in the last four years. Yet they got silver instead of gold. We are lucky to see so many wonderful programs, and be the crazy branch to support the pair dumped by not only the judges but their own coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Deb, Marina is nuts. I think she thinks Tessa and Scott blame her because she came across as a bit defensive when she said she did everything she could for them. I hope they never talk to her again. It's interesting that when they went to pack up their things they made sure she wouldn't be there.
    If Tessa & Scott have sold their condos in Michigan and moved back to Canada, it certainly sounds like their relationship with Marina is over.

So in the unlikely event they decide to continue competitive skating, it would likely be with a different coach!

vCash
    It is an interesting state of affairs going forward in ice dance. Many have argued that the success of V&M and D&W began with the early start they both got skating with their partner. They had such a great sense of where the other was on the ice. Now we have two of the top Russian teams changing partners at a rather late date - I&K after winning Olympic medals. I can't help but wonder how quickly they will rise in the rankings. Is the longevity of the partnership such a huge asset or can these talented skaters overcome what many would think of as a disadvantage? It will be great to watch.
    pug lover

vCash
    It is an interesting state of affairs going forward in ice dance. Many have argued that the success of V&M and D&W began with the early start they both got skating with their partner. They had such a great sense of where the other was on the ice. Now we have two of the top Russian teams changing partners at a rather late date - I&K after winning Olympic medals. I can't help but wonder how quickly they will rise in the rankings. Is the longevity of the partnership such a huge asset or can these talented skaters overcome what many would think of as a disadvantage? It will be great to watch.
    It will be interesting, but VM started when the field was very strong and could won OGM, when now they fild is vey poor, so new teams will have a chance to won a medals IMHO. I am not talking about quality of skating or dancing, but about medals.
    I ballroom dancing they are very often changing patners and still won medals.

vCash
    Good point pani.
    pug lover

vCash
    Since S/K moved to Marina now, I wonder how well they will do. Remember, when V/M or D/W first moved to her, Igor was around and in charge of the technique part. Now Igor is gone, I'm not so sure about Marina's ability to build up a new team in the term of techniques.

vCash
    I have cared so passionately about V&M all these years - if they do not continue - one thing I will look forward to is seeing how all of this works out. We will see what Marina can do.
    pug lover

vCash
    Good point pani.
    Yup, that is a good point. Although I really liked I/K, the I/K-S/Z shakeup has at least injected some excitement into next season. I've got a reason to tune in now.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast