Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    The Morning Show is more like The View than Good Morning America. All this time, I just assumed The Morning Show was an hour long (I only ever watched the first 15 minutes where the hosts discuss hot topics before I went to work), but when I was setting to record this episode last night, I came to realize it's only a 30 minute show.

vCash
    This is kind of random, but I've noticed lately it seems like a lot of media outlets and things like that are eschewing the 'Virtue and Moir' and just calling them 'Tessa and Scott'. Which is sort of weird but also kind of nice for them they've reached a point in Canadian culture they can kind of just be referred to by the first names and people know who they are.

vCash
    What I find so very sad is that there will be more like D/W, with speed and programmes which hide deficiencies. But how long, if ever, before we are privileged to see a couple with Tessa and Scott's charisma, connection, complexity and superb artistry. Yes, we will get to see them occasionally in things like CSOI, (and for that I am truly grateful), but we won't have access to expertly filmed vids of them as we do when they are competing. Pardon me for a moment as I grieve the passing of a magnificent amateur career

vCash
    Only me look forward to what they will show in two new ex without limits, rules, levels 4?
    Whether they can use this freedom and made something great or just will show more competitive programs?
    And what music they will choose? And who will be choreograhfers?

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Only me look forward to what they will show in two new ex without limits, rules, levels 4?
    Whether they can use this freedom and made something great or just will show more competitive programs?
    And what music they will choose? And who will be choreograhfers?
    I'm really interested in which choreographers they will work with. I don't know how much can be expected in one month ( I think that is when Japan starts?) but they do have access to Kurt and Jeff so I think Kurt could choreograph a fun upbeat number with good footwork and Jeff and V&M could make something magical together.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    V/M have given us an inside look at the difficulties high performance athletes have when they share a coach. I know everyone thinks they should have switched long ago, but if you look at it season by season, when would they have known Marina was a problem? In 2011, Marina could dedicate her time to DW because of Tessa's surgery and in spite of that and a lack of competition they still almost beat DW (IMO VM won that one too); in 2012 VM won in spite of a less than well-received FD (Marina probably thought it would lose again); then in 2013 after the Canton troubles, suddenly VM start losing all the time - but with all the lesser competition errors they made, they may have thought the marking was because of that - at least until Worlds. I think that's when it hit them that Marina was, if not working against them, not working for them. After that, it's Olympic season and it's really too late for a coach change.

I'm reading between the lines of Tessa's comments about them talking with DW and being able to put an end to the Canton chapter in their lives, and the television show when I say this: I suspect that DW knew what the predetermined plan was all along and while White may have been uncomfortable with it given he and Scott had a decent friendship, Davis, who wasn't sending out any friendly vibes anyway, simply turned VM into the enemy. The whole thing was probably orchestrated by the USFSA and Marina.

One last comment. What bothers me most about this Olympic judging scandal is that I read the same old refrain on the threads as I used to read under the 6.0 system - 'well the right ones won anyway, so what does it matter if the .... are peeved - our team won'. All fans should be upset that there is a question about the integrity of the judging and of the people who make up the figure skating world. Everyone should be very uncomfortable that their Olympic champions have a shadow hanging over their win.

vCash
    What's done is done. In 2012 at WCh Zoueva tell everyone how she was upset with VM gold (literally - with DW second place), then she kick Shpilband from Canton and voila VM never won over DW after this. Maybe VM must be less naive in 2012.
    But DW never had nothing even close to "Carmen", even to PF, Samba and Mahler (and i still love Seasons). What could i say? I dont know.
    But now this will be new chapter for VM. And i still believe - good things happened with good people.
    Honestly, in my opinion Scott deserve second OG more then all others from this 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    But now this will be new chapter for VM. And i still believe - good things happened with good people.
    Honestly, in my opinion Scott deserve second OG more then all others from this 4
    What the heck what about Tessa .
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    V/M have given us an inside look at the difficulties high performance athletes have when they share a coach. I know everyone thinks they should have switched long ago, but if you look at it season by season, when would they have known Marina was a problem? In 2011, Marina could dedicate her time to DW because of Tessa's surgery and in spite of that and a lack of competition they still almost beat DW (IMO VM won that one too); in 2012 VM won in spite of a less than well-received FD (Marina probably thought it would lose again); then in 2013 after the Canton troubles, suddenly VM start losing all the time - but with all the lesser competition errors they made, they may have thought the marking was because of that - at least until Worlds. I think that's when it hit them that Marina was, if not working against them, not working for them. After that, it's Olympic season and it's really too late for a coach change.

I'm reading between the lines of Tessa's comments about them talking with DW and being able to put an end to the Canton chapter in their lives, and the television show when I say this: I suspect that DW knew what the predetermined plan was all along and while White may have been uncomfortable with it given he and Scott had a decent friendship, Davis, who wasn't sending out any friendly vibes anyway, simply turned VM into the enemy. The whole thing was probably orchestrated by the USFSA and Marina.

One last comment. What bothers me most about this Olympic judging scandal is that I read the same old refrain on the threads as I used to read under the 6.0 system - 'well the right ones won anyway, so what does it matter if the .... are peeved - our team won'. All fans should be upset that there is a question about the integrity of the judging and of the people who make up the figure skating world. Everyone should be very uncomfortable that their Olympic champions have a shadow hanging over their win.
    People have said rumors that she is very snobby or snooty

vCash
    I uploaded The Morning Show interview: part 1 and part 2
    Also CP24 Interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M41i...layer_embedded
    Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 03-05-2014 at 01:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    What the heck what about Tessa .
    Pani always preferred Scott.

I think this team has the calibre to win a second gold. They should have won a second gold. They skated two phenomenal programs which showcased why they're the best dancers and skaters in the world, but alas. But we'll always appreciate different aspects about them as individuals, even in their skating. For instance, to me, Tessa is the better ice dancer. She grasps every nuance of the dance a bit better. She's more subtle in her acting, but even that is perfect for the kind of dancer she is. Also, her lines are the best in the sport. That's not to say Scott is bad, on the contrary, he's the best. That's why I (and many others) say this was perhaps the most well matched team in history. Everything simply happened for these two to dance together and we were lucky to witness that and to be on this journey with them.
    Last edited by Golightly; 03-05-2014 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    I think this team has the calibre to win a second gold. They should have won a second gold. They skated two phenomenal programs which showcased why they're the best dancers and skaters in the world, but alas. But we'll always appreciate different aspects about them as individuals, even in their skating. For instance, to me, Tessa is the better ice dancer. She grasps every nuance of the dance a bit better. She's more subtle in her acting, but even that is perfect for the kind of dancer she is. Also, her lines are the best in the sport. That's not to say Scott is bad, on the contrary, he's the best. That's why I (and many others) say this was perhaps the most well matched team in history. Everything simply happened for these two to dance together and we were lucky to witness that and to be on this journey with them.
    ITA. Don't think either can find a better partner.

vCash
    i must admit I would have liked them to come back and get a GPF gold, but that is purely selfish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    i must admit I would have liked them to come back and get a GPF gold, but that is purely selfish.
    I know where you are coming from.
    But really, I would be just as happy if they put together a competitive paso SD as they would if they were competing but skate it for the fans (I'm sure Jean-Marc would love to do the choreo - he's amazing at paso!). Having seen what they did with the SD this season, can you imagine what a paso from JM would be like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    I know where you are coming from.
    But really, I would be just as happy if they put together a competitive paso SD as they would if they were competing but skate it for the fans (I'm sure Jean-Marc would love to do the choreo - he's amazing at paso!). Having seen what they did with the SD this season, can you imagine what a paso from JM would be like?
    I want this so badly i didnt even want to put words to this wish because i know it's not likely to happen. Lol! Imagine it, sd calibre paso with JM, with all the paso inspired dance and step sequences without the limitations of rules. ah one can only dream.

vCash
    Male and female ice dancers have such vastly different roles within in the team, it's weird to compare them against each other. Scott gets a lot of praise and I know many consider him one of the best, if not the best male ice dancer ever, but I'm not sure how good he would look without Tessa's lines and natural dance ability to complement him. Similarly, Tessa gets a lot of praise but I'm not sure how good she would look without Scott's ability to frame her and present her to the audience. They are so incredibly well matched in that regard and that's not even including their chemistry and the way they connect with each other. I find their skating skills to be virtually the same and I don't find one to make more mistakes than the other. I remember a ridiculous Ice Network article once that said Scott often looked frustrated with Tessa because she messed up so much, but they're watching different competitions than I am because I've never found that.

If there's anything about them that's slightly mismatched, it's the lack of height difference that prevents them from doing some of the more acrobatic lifts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    Male and female ice dancers have such vastly different roles within in the team, it's weird to compare them against each other. Scott gets a lot of praise and I know many consider him one of the best, if not the best male ice dancer ever, but I'm not sure how good he would look without Tessa's lines and natural dance ability to complement him. Similarly, Tessa gets a lot of praise but I'm not sure how good she would look without Scott's ability to frame her and present her to the audience. They are so incredibly well matched in that regard and that's not even including their chemistry and the way they connect with each other. I find their skating skills to be virtually the same and I don't find one to make more mistakes than the other. I remember a ridiculous Ice Network article once that said Scott often looked frustrated with Tessa because she messed up so much, but they're watching different competitions than I am because I've never found that.

If there's anything about them that's slightly mismatched, it's the lack of height difference that prevents them from doing some of the more acrobatic lifts.
    Acrobatic lifts are pairs lite though, not classic ice dance skills. I love the unison they achieve, and am glad they are not hugely different in height.

I love Scott's blade control, edging, and especially his posture. He seems to achieve that effortlessly, while looking so relaxed and natural. On very rare occasions Tessa will break at the waist, but Scott never does. Plus he can confidently interpret a great variety of musical styles. I'm with pani on this one (though obviously I appreciate them both )

ETA: Should have mentioned musicality, which they both have in spades. And Tessa's great lines. A wonderful team.
    Last edited by flowerpower; 03-05-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    People have said rumors that she is very snobby or snooty
    Who ? Tessa or Meryl ?

vCash
    Usually, when parapluies says rumors, she means her

vCash
    Yes I mean Meryl. But they are just rumors frim some one who skated in the same rink I don';t remember the exact story

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast