Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post
    I think you're being unnecessarily paranoid and combative. Look, it's obviously not just an Arctic Edge event and more of a community celebration at large (not unlike the one Ilderton held for V/M in 2010) and an opportunity for D/W's hometown to celebrate the first American gold in ice dance. Canton is not V/M's hometown, Michigan is not V/M's home state and the USA is not the country V/M represent - why would they be there?
    You missed the point. No, Michigan is not VM's home state, Canton is not VM's hometown, it is their training CLUB.

It isn't that surprising they aren't getting recognized by their training club sadly. The rink management only asked D/W who to keep and kick out, either Zoueva or Shpilband. They only wanted what was best for D/W, who made the decision to kick out Shpilband based on D/W's preference.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    It is possible Tessa and Scott graciously declined an offer to partake in any festivities. We have heard them say they chatted with D&W in Moscow and felt it was the end of their chapter with them and Canton. I can imagine V&M would much rather spend time in Canada with people who love them and want to celebrate them instead of at a place where their last season doesn't have the greatest memories. They have also said in a post Sochi interview that they don't need a club base and coach at this point (preparing for SOI).

I'm sure they'll say their own private goodbyes with those they have good memories with when they go to collect their belongings (if they haven't already?).

But princeton, I don't think it's paranoid and combative for a fan to feel slighted they weren't included precisely because they were in 2010 alongside D&W. So I think it's natural for the mind to question. I think you maybe need to relax a bit and not feel compelled to tackle every slight you feel the Americans receive. Sometimes people just want to vent or emote in a post and I think if you just recognize that and move past it. Stop turning it into a bigger issue with numerous posts and just let it go....
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tourtiere View Post
    At the Moscow show, didn't V/M give the speech? I don't think D/W was asked to?
    Of couse, because Team Russian didnt come at time.
    Everyone can see how VM have taken in Moscow, and reaction on DW. We have videos.
    And i think if DW were honored in 2010 they samew must be doing for VM in 2014.
    And maybe Shpilband just wasnt happy to see Marina one more time, thats why he didtn get recognation from AE Club.
    Its not about personal "goodbuy". its just rude, what they did with Shpilband and VM.

vCash
    I have to say that I really am excited for their upcoming new programs. As much as I appreciate what Marina has given them, especially with some of my favs like Mahler, Cherbourg, etc. I do think V/M have outgrown her. They seem to like being challanged and I can't wait to see what they put together.

I wonder if Tessa will try her hand at choreography.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Coming back to our wonderful Virtue and Moir and letting out all the fights, I found these two "new" interviews, from P&G while they were in Sochi so I uploaded them on youtube

16.02.2014 The Connection of Beauty and Sport http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rty9FmzEgu8
    22.02.2014 Getting Performance Ready http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvgUXFC9mfw
    Thanks. In one of the videos where Tessa says she sits in the sink to do makeup, I was like what the heck? Then I remember this clip from their show and I find it so hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonmil View Post
    This link doesn't work. What's the video?
    Thanks. The guy that surprised them at the end who is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    It is possible Tessa and Scott graciously declined an offer to partake in any festivities. We have heard them say they chatted with D&W in Moscow and felt it was the end of their chapter with them and Canton. I can imagine V&M would much rather spend time in Canada with people who love them and want to celebrate them instead of at a place where their last season doesn't have the greatest memories. They have also said in a post Sochi interview that they don't need a club base and coach at this point (preparing for SOI).

I'm sure they'll say their own private goodbyes with those they have good memories with when they go to collect their belongings (if they haven't already?).

But princeton, I don't think it's paranoid and combative for a fan to feel slighted they weren't included precisely because they were in 2010 alongside D&W. So I think it's natural for the mind to question. I think you maybe need to relax a bit and not feel compelled to tackle every slight you feel the Americans receive. Sometimes people just want to vent or emote in a post and I think if you just recognize that and move past it. Stop turning it into a bigger issue with numerous posts and just let it go....
    Well said. I think it's only normal to sort of wonder why they weren't there and it could easily have been Tessa and Scott's decision. Or maybe they weren't asked. Or maybe it was something planned specifically for DW. Not sure it's that big of a deal.

Great to see you here Meyers.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    tourtiere, I recommend you read my post again.

I really don't think I'm the one who needs to relax, tbh. Many of the fans here (and in the D/W uber thread, for what it's worth) are so reflexive and reactive and often use the most innocuous pieces of information or rumor or innuendo to take completely unnecessary pot shots at the other team. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for some to focus on the positive when there is a lot they have achieved to be proud of and a lot ahead of them to look forward to.

On another note, I listened to Somewhere in Time again and as much as I do like Seasons, I wish they had chosen this piece to skate to instead. It's so melodic and beautiful and right where their strengths lie. I know they have a lot of respect for D/L which is why they chose not to use it, but I'm not sure D/L's version was that memorable that there would be pushback for using it.

vCash
    I'm tired of all these lectures
    Isnt you princeton123 talk about VM need to change FD between Team event and individual events?
    I only remember it was so hard to read this thread after you become a part of it just during OG.
    I just have question about Club, where VM work 10 years. Going to your logic, why i need to think about DW need to have there moment of glory? I just ask - why Club didnt honore VM? And maybe i dont need to have this question after what this Club did with Shpilband.
    And the truth is VM are more popular in Russia, then DW. Its fact, you dont need to explane nothing, when people see everything on videos.

vCash
    Isnt you princeton123 talk about VM need to change FD between Team event and individual events?
    Uh, no, I was definitely NOT one of the people who called for a change to Carmen between events. I distinctly remember thinking this thread had finally gone off the deep end when people started half-jokingly suggesting it.

Look, I've already made my thoughts about the event honoring D/W clear. It's a TOWN event from the TOWNSHIP OF CANTON honoring HOMETOWN athletes, Meryl and Charlie. Arctic Edge is not throwing a party for their gold medalists and deliberately snubbing Tessa and Scott. If you think Arctic Edge should have an event to celebrate Tessa and Scott's career then...whatever, okay. Maybe they should. But this is a hometown celebration for Meryl and Charlie thrown by their hometown of Canton. I don't know why everything has to be a pissing match between ubers of both teams.
    Last edited by princeton123; 03-09-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by princeton123 View Post

I really don't think I'm the one who needs to relax, tbh. Many of the fans here (and in the D/W uber thread, for what it's worth) are so reflexive and reactive and often use the most innocuous pieces of information or rumor or innuendo to take completely unnecessary pot shots at the other team. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for some to focus on the positive when there is a lot they have achieved to be proud of and a lot ahead of them to look forward to..
    Interesting. I would suggest that someone who started posting mid January where the vast majority of their posts (close to 90%) exist in V&M uber threads where more often then not they tend to focus on the negativity of posters here could relax a bit and just let things go. But I don't think that is your purpose I do think it's interesting (again) that you wrote
    Many of the fans here (and in the D/W uber thread, for what it's worth)
    yet I don't see that you have posted once in that thread. At any rate certainly not with the regularity in which you try to guide the poor souls over here

We can keep on pretending if you like but I mean come on, it's obvious what is going on here.

vCash
    IMHO, I truly don't see the point in posters coming here to try and change the opinions of really committed diehard fans of Tessa and Scott. A lot of us don't mind D/W, but we will never believe that they can achieve the greatness of Tess and Scott. That's why this is an uber thread. Please can we just get on with loving our favourite duo?

vCash
    We can keep on pretending if you like but I mean come on, it's obvious what is going on here.
    Thank you!
    Shayii, it was Wendel Clark, who came to Scott during interviews. He is MLF legent player.

vCash

According to what many of fans write here, V& M are truly insane for tolerating all this sh***... They must be crazy.

a) V&M were not asked who to keep in Zoueva&Shpilband crash, but their arch enemies got to decide. Of course this was done to sabotage V&M in defending their World and Olympic title. It has nothing to do with any reasonable explanation, let alone that Zoueva is in fact Canadian, has been successfully choreographing much more for V&M and has marched with them in Vancouver. All the things that in conspiracy theories go in advantage of V&M.
    b) Zoueva did not go to Canadian Nationals this year with V&M because she was in for a fix to dump them. It has nothing to do with the fact that her 3rd team was in danger of not making it on the US Olympic team, while V&M had no real rivals at their nationals

I could go on...

Just the reality show V&M filmed gives enough material to make it to m)...
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Interesting. I would suggest that someone who started posting mid January where the vast majority of their posts (close to 90%) exist in V&M uber threads where more often then not they tend to focus on the negativity of posters here could relax a bit and just let things go. But I don't think that is your purpose I do think it's interesting (again) that you wrote yet I don't see that you have posted once in that thread. At any rate certainly not with the regularity in which you try to guide the poor souls over here

I don't post in the D/W uber thread because I don't like them nearly as much as I like V/M and I don't really care about their careers? I admit I like them and respect them well enough as skaters that I dislike some of the unnecessary griping that goes on in here.

And the 'majority' of my posts weren't negative until about an hour ago. I post here because V/M are my favorite skaters and I do enjoy some of the discussion and interesting ideas that go on in here but am more often than not put off by the tone of many who do post here.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post

According to what many of fans write here, V& M are truly insane for tolerating all this sh***... They must be crazy.

a) V&M were not asked who to keep in Zoueva&Shpilband crash, but their arch enemies got to decide. Of course this was done to sabotage V&M in defending their World and Olympic title. It has nothing to do with any reasonable explanation, let alone that Zoueva is in fact Canadian, has been successfully choreographing much more for V&M and has marched with them in Vancouver. All the things that in conspiracy theories go in advantage of V&M.
    b) Zoueva did not go to Canadian Nationals this year with V&M because she was in for a fix to dump them. It has nothing to do with the fact that her 3rd team was in danger of not making it on the US Olympic team, while V&M had no real rivals at their nationals

I could go on...

Just the reality show V&M filmed gives enough material to make it to m)...

But hopefully you won´t? As girlscouse wrote
    I truly don't see the point in posters coming here to try and change the opinions of really committed diehard fans of Tessa and Scott.

vCash
    Interesting. I would suggest that someone who started posting mid January where the vast majority of their posts (close to 90%) exist in V&M uber threads where more often then not they tend to focus on the negativity of posters here could relax a bit and just let things go. But I don't think that is your purpose I do think it's interesting (again) that you wrote yet I don't see that you have posted once in that thread. At any rate certainly not with the regularity in which you try to guide the poor souls over here

Obviously there needs to be a fan uber test before one gets to post in uber threads. And if you think you are a fan of two rival teams - your access in uber threads should be altogether denied, because you are not a real an after all.
    This is why skating fans detest uber fans and nonchalantly call ubers crazy...

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Obviously there needs to be a fan uber test before one gets to post in uber threads. And if you think you are a fan of two rival teams - your access in uber threads should be altogether denied, because you are not a real an after all.
    This is why skating fans detest uber fans and nonchalantly call ubers crazy...
    And there you go drawing more attention to it...

vCash
    But hopefully you won´t? As girlscouse wrote
    It is posters like pani (in past day or so) who keep bringing up D&W and all kinds of conspiracy theories in which V&m were sabotaged, not me.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    It is posters like pani (in past day or so) who keep bringing up D&W and all kinds of conspiracy theories in which V&m were sabotaged, not me.
    And what does that say about posters like you and princeton123 who keep quoting and/or highlighting them instead of just moving along...

vCash
    Just as kosjenka was about to post her ::: posts as usual I was just going to say princeton123 is the kosjenka 2.0

vCash
    And what does that say about posters like you and princeton123 who keep quoting and/or highlighting them instead of just moving along...
    So why are you replying to my post instead of just moving along...?

But yes. Let's move on.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast