Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Man, I'm missing V/M and they technically haven't retired. Please guys, stay?
    Same here.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Now its interesting to know, who did "Top Hat, White Tie And Tails" choreo.
    I want to see TS dancing around his kitchen

vCash
    For me, I love V/M's skating and I love their personalities. They are always honest and sincere. Just like their performance on the ice, so genuine. You feel their heart from the way they skate, they dance and they talk. On the other hand, D/W seem to be the opposite to me. D/W's programs are always a bit forced emotionally, and when they talk, they put up a fake front. I just can't feel connected to either their programs or personas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    For me, I love V/M's skating and I love their personalities. They are always honest and sincere. Just like their performance on the ice, so genuine. You feel their heart from the way they skate, they dance and they talk. On the other hand, D/W seem to be the opposite to me. D/W's programs are always a bit forced emotionally, and when they talk, they put up a fake front. I just can't feel connected to either their programs or personas.
    That is what Marina should have said instead of calling them kids with hoodies. But, her tastes are for the exotic and the cultivated exotic instead of the normal and natural....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    That is what Marina should have said instead of calling them kids with hoodies. But, her tastes are for the exotic and the cultivated exotic instead of the normal and natural....
    It was journalsit, who name them teenagers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parapluies View Post
    Makes me wonder if Marina kicked them out??? Her ego probably couldn't handle the way the media took Scott's comment's out of context and made a big deal out of nothing.
    Wow.

vCash
    Me too, Pani! God, they would be great ballroom dancers. I would die to see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    The interviewer called them kids with hoodies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by forthewin View Post
    I agree and that is why I laugh so hard when people say D/W's chemistry is "real" while V/M is forced sexiness. Where do people get all this? D/W have their strengths, chemistry/believable performance is not one of them.
    Last edited by parapluies; 04-18-2014 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    My mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    I don;t understand how anyone can say they look like kids with hoodies even those uneducated news reporters. V/M look like neoclassical sculpture like Canova as people said in the past (or Bernini but Bernini is Baroque).
    Last edited by parapluies; 04-18-2014 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott on the cover of this magazine for May http://24.media.tumblr.com/1f0e431f7...ikko1_1280.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Tessa and Scott on the cover of this magazine for May http://24.media.tumblr.com/1f0e431f7...ikko1_1280.jpg
    This is where the interview came from about them dancing to Into the Mystic in the kitchen. I really do miss them hopefully we'll get more stuff from CSOI.
    "They’re everything in a team that we strive to be...they are to me the quintessential ice dance team of our time."~Kaitlyn Weaver

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    This is where the interview came from about them dancing to Into the Mystic in the kitchen. I really do miss them hopefully we'll get more stuff from CSOI.
    Really? I hope someone brough it and do some scans
    I miss them too, for sure in CSOI we'll have more news, photos and video.. like past year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* View Post
    Really? I hope someone brough it and do some scans
    I miss them too, for sure in CSOI we'll have more news, photos and video.. like past year
    I googled it and the article's here http://www.mondaymag.com/news/255692481.html. Also you can look at the magazine itself here http://www.mondaymag.com/eeditions/?...40417070424286 but there's nothing new, the photo inside is from the same shoot as the cover photo (the interview was conducted by phone from Japan).

It's a really lovely article!
    Last edited by kirbs; 04-19-2014 at 07:55 PM.

vCash
    This interview made me a bit emotional, I think it's because like you guys, I miss them.
    But I'm looking forward to see new videos and photos from CSOI (hopefully we'll have something on internet) and if someone is going to see it live I wish you have lots of fun! I'm waiting for your impressions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbs View Post
    I googled it and the article's here http://www.mondaymag.com/news/255692481.html. Also you can look at the magazine itself here http://www.mondaymag.com/eeditions/?...40417070424286 but there's nothing new, the photo inside is from the same shoot as the cover photo (the interview was conducted by phone from Japan).

It's a really lovely article!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lety View Post
    This interview made me a bit emotional, I think it's because like you guys, I miss them.
    But I'm looking forward to see new videos and photos from CSOI (hopefully we'll have something on internet) and if someone is going to see it live I wish you have lots of fun! I'm waiting for your impressions!
    ITA!!

That's cool ^_^ http://24.media.tumblr.com/bd8346799...nero1_1280.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Man, I'm missing V/M and they technically haven't retired. Please guys, stay?
    Part of me missed the V/M and D/W rivalry at Worlds, and it was obvious to see that in the absence of the top 2 teams, none of the other dance teams had quite figured out how to step into the gap yet. (Which is why there was a 3-way tie for gold with 3 teams getting 175). There were a lot of errors in the dance event at Worlds, and it goes to show how clean and consistent V/M and D/W were compared to many of the other teams.

On the other hand, it was also nice to see the dance podium open up. The V/M vs. D/W rivalry has been nice to watch over the past 4 or 5 years, but it has meant that gold and silver were always a lock for them, and only the bronze was open to everyone else. This year we finally got some new medalists on the podium and we saw a lot of movement in the standings.

W/P would probably not have gotten on the podium if V/M skated, and our other Canadian dance teams of G/P and P/I wouldn't have the opportunity to have advanced as far. If V/M were to return next season, the downside would be that W/P would not be able to advance to the top, and either G/P or P/I would be left home at next year's Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Part of me missed the V/M and D/W rivalry at Worlds, and it was obvious to see that in the absence of the top 2 teams, none of the other dance teams had quite figured out how to step into the gap yet. (Which is why there was a 3-way tie for gold with 3 teams getting 175). There were a lot of errors in the dance event at Worlds, and it goes to show how clean and consistent V/M and D/W were compared to many of the other teams.

On the other hand, it was also nice to see the dance podium open up. The V/M vs. D/W rivalry has been nice to watch over the past 4 or 5 years, but it has meant that gold and silver were always a lock for them, and only the bronze was open to everyone else. This year we finally got some new medalists on the podium and we saw a lot of movement in the standings.

W/P would probably not have gotten on the podium if V/M skated, and our other Canadian dance teams of G/P and P/I wouldn't have the opportunity to have advanced as far. If V/M were to return next season, the downside would be that W/P would not be able to advance to the top, and either G/P or P/I would be left home at next year's Worlds.
    During the past quad, one team was consistent in their ice dancing, another consistent on recycled elements. IF V/M had skated at World's, then they would have earned one of the 3 spots that Canada had available and G/P (I think) would have had to have been the team who stayed home. Their time would have come eventually.

I never tired of watching V/M, mistakes and all. They have brought such a wonderful body of work for us to have watched and appreciated. Tessa & Scott have truly been what ice dancing has supposed to have been. That is, before the rules of how to "check the boxes to get higher levels" were changed to favour gymnastics on speed to detriment of the sport.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post

I'm sorry but when I see Golightly's posts I always get the same image in my head of the main character in Breakfast at Tiffany's and cannot stop laughing

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast