View Poll Results: Which Of These New Movies Interest You? (Trailers Below For Viewing)

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • March 14th - Veronica Mars - Mystery with Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, and James Franco

10 21.28%
  • March 21st - Divergent - Action Sci-Fi with Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet and Ashley Judd

13 27.66%
  • March 21st - Muppets Most Wanted - Comedy with Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey

14 29.79%
  • March 28th - Noah - Drama with Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly and Emma Watson

13 27.66%
  • April 4th - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Action with Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson

23 48.94%
  • April 11th - Rio 2 - Family Adventure with Anne Hathaway, Jamie Foxx and Rita Moreno

5 10.64%
  • April 18th – Transcendence - Sci-Fi Thriller with Johnny Depp and Morgan Freeman

9 19.15%
  • May 2nd - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Adventure with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone

10 21.28%
  • May 16th - Godzilla - Sci-Fi with Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe

13 27.66%
  • May 23rd - X-Men: Days of Future Past - Sci-Fi with Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence

19 40.43%
  • May 30th - Maleficent - Fantasy with Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning and Sharlto Copley

29 61.70%
  • May 30th - A Million Ways to Die in the West - Comedy with Seth MacFarlane and Charlize Theron

3 6.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    A movie I recommend is "Into The White" which is similar to a REALLY good movie called Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas). Both are movies about soliders and how they interact with one another during war when they are in a situation where they are unable to fight (or fighting has stopped). And how they connect as humans when fighting is not an option. It's not quite as good as Joyeux Noel, but I still liked it. The most famous person in Into The White is Rupert Grint from Harry Potter fame and he does a great job in his role.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List), Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive), Leonardo DiCaprio (What's Eating Gilbert Grape?), Pete Postlethwaite (In the Name of the Father), and John Malkovich (In the Line of Fire): 1993 was a pretty good year for the Best Supporting Actor category. I suppose that Jones was due for a career achievement Oscar, though I'd rather have seen Fiennes, DiCaprio, or Postlethwaite win it.
    I do like Tommy Lee Jones, but I have to confess I don't even remember "The Fugitive" (and it was nominated for Best Picture). I remember being rather incensed at the time that it even got that nomination over a lot of better (IMO) movies. If the Academy really wanted a popcorn pic in the top five, I thought "In the Line of Fire" was better. And then I was REALLY pissed Jones won over Fiennes, who I still think gave one of the most amazing performances ever on film. There was just something completely magnetic about him in that movie, despite playing such a hideous, evil soul.

Between "Schindler's List" and "Jurassic Park" Spielberg movies did quite well at that Oscar ceremony. I'm sure there was a feeling of needing to spread-the-wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG
    It made me think of The Towering Inferno and Earthquake from the 70's when I was still a young whippersnapper.
    "The Towering Inferno" is one of the first movies I ever recall seeing when I was a kid. I remember being quite traumatized by Jennifer Jones untimely demise in that movie. Every now and again it seems TMC plays "The Poseidon Adventure" but I don't ever see "Towering Inferno," though maybe it is on. "The Towering Inferno" was nominated for Best Picture too. [/COLOR]
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Saw the 300 sequel and my review comes down to this. The good: Artemisia. The bad:every scene that doesn't include Artemesia. Ok this isn't a historically accurate version but if badass b*tch is in the dictionary, surely it would be a picture of Eva Green as Artemisia.

I want someone to skate to Artemesias theme next year.

vCash
    I suspected it would be like that. I adore Eva Green.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I saw Byzantium the other day and I looooooooooooooved it!!! It was directed by Neil Jordan (Interview With The Vampire, The Crying Game, The End of The Affair, Breakfast On Pluto, etc.) and stars Saoirse Ronan, Gemma Arterton and Jonny Lee Miller. I highly recommend this one even though it bombed at the box office both in the U.S. and internationally. I think it got picked up by a smaller studio that had an extremely limited promotional budget. But if you like Jordan or any of the cast members, I can't imagine that you won't love it as much as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by l'etoile View Post
    for this thread! YAY the reign of Godzilla will begin (yes, I'm a monster-uber!)
    Me too!! I just checked imdb to see the pedigrees of the director and writers. The director is Gareth Edwards who has done a lot of production work, but little directing. His most famous directing gig is Monsters (2010). The movie was ignored in the U.S., making only a quarter of a million dollars. But it made almost 5.5 million internationally...and all for a budget of $800,000. It was a very good looking movie, so I don't know HOW they did this. I think part of his background was special effects, so maybe all his friends worked for scale! Less hopeful for how Godzilla will turn out is the screenwriter Max Borenstein who only has one previous writing credit, for 2003's Swordswallowers and Thin Men (which I've never heard of). But I'm still hopeful this version will be a TON OF FUN!!!
    Last edited by PeterG; 03-08-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I can't wait for "A million ways to die in the west" I know Seth McFarlane isn't everyone's cup of tea. He's crude and base.....and damn funny. I admit it, I thought "Ted" was hysterical, and I've seen the red band trailer for the new movie, and I didn't stop laughing till it was over. Can't wait!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

March 7th - Missing William - Drama with Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLe2Kdmf6oY
    Seeing this tonight along with a Q & A with the writer and producer following the film.

Saw "The Invisible Woman" starring Ralph Fiennes and Felicity Jones last night. Well done, sad. I was most sad for Catherine Dickens.
    Last edited by Integrity; 03-08-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added text.

vCash
    Have you guys seen this clip from 'All is By My Side', the Jimi Hendrix movie? Doesn't Andre Benjamin do a great impression?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QWxm89I5bo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I suspected it would be like that. I adore Eva Green.
    Nearly all reviews say she is pretty much the most entertaining part of the film. The performances from the heroes were meh and we were : a potentially epic showdown between Eva Green and Lena Headey.

vCash
    We'll definitely be going to the Muppet and Godzilla films. I can't avoid that. I'm hoping Godzilla is cheesy bad, as it should be. And definitely Grand Budapest Hotel--we've become big Wes Anderson fans.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    A reminder: Tomorrow's tribute to Shirley Temple on TCM:
    http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-news.html?id=954728

vCash
    Some movie news.

Why Leonardo DiCaprio Didn’t Win the Oscar
    http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...dicaprio-oscar

A comparison made between DiCaprio and these other non-winners: Cary Grant, Richard Burton, Robert Mitchum, James Dean, Steve McQueen, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, and Tom Cruise.

Teaming Up with Melissa McCarthy Is Jude Law’s Latest Brilliant Career Move
    http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...y-susan-cooper

I have to agree with what they say in this article. Not that Law really needs help, but he did go the over-doing it route like Michael Caine did. Something like seven movies coming out in one year? You gotta leave them wanting more sometimes.

11 Ways Benedict Cumberbatch Enjoyed The Oscars More Than Anyone Else
    http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...erbatch-oscars

This is hilarious!

Vivienne Jolie-Pitt Scored Maleficent Role Because All Other Children Were Terrified of Angelina Jolie
    http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...nne-jolie-pitt

One of the quotes from Angelina in this article:

“We think it’s fun for our kids to have cameos and join us on set, but not to be actors. That’s not our goal, for Brad and I, at all…”

12 Years a Slave Writer John Ridley Denies Reports of Feud
    http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywo...ve-feud-denied

The article states that Ridley has a history of feuding with directors. I do remember direcord McQueen barely clapping for Ridley’s Oscar win…and this article includes a GIF which shows exactly what I remember…

vCash
    I'm kind of disappointed to read that Malificent is rated PG. I'm afraid the movie will be too Disney-fied so as not to scare the little kids.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    Ralph Fiennes (Schindler's List), Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive), Leonardo DiCaprio (What's Eating Gilbert Grape?), Pete Postlethwaite (In the Name of the Father), and John Malkovich (In the Line of Fire): 1993 was a pretty good year for the Best Supporting Actor category. I suppose that Jones was due for a career achievement Oscar, though I'd rather have seen Fiennes, DiCaprio, or Postlethwaite win it.
    DiCaprio. Brillant performance.
    Best movie of that lot-easily, "In the Name of the Father"

Without access to anything but cable tv the only movies I've seen lately were "village of the damned" and "300" (twice...so that makes, uh, the zillionbillionth time I've seen it. There's just no substitute for pretty dayum hot pretty dayum nekkid men :-)
    Have a nice day!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed to read that Malificent is rated PG. I'm afraid the movie will be too Disney-fied so as not to scare the little kids.
    I've been saying that since seeing the previews. It is pretty clear it is going to be a very tamed down movie. I guess that's fine, as it is Disney, but the potential was just through the roof and I think they decided to play it safe.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Tonight's movie for me is "Heroes' Mountain", an Australian-made movie about the 1997 Thredbo landslide disaster. 18 people were killed when two lodges were wiped out by a landslide. But the epic story was that, sixty-five hours after the landslide, Stuart Diver was pulled alive from the wreckage - the landslide's only survivor in the two lodges.

Pretty good so far, but the landslide has only just happened.

The worst part was that they had to keep clearing the site of rescuers whenever the earth shifted. Water kept flowing, the gas mains were ruptured, the electrical lines were torn...

EDIT:

Oh god it was fecking brilliant. Amazing. But watch with the biggest box of tissues you can find. I don't know whether it's because I remember this, but I was sobbing most of the way through the film. God, when they reached down and touched his hand...

Paul Featherstone is possibly one of the greatest Australians to have ever lived.
    Last edited by misskarne; 03-09-2014 at 11:11 AM.

vCash
    This picture of Jennifer and Lupita pretend-fighting over Lupita's Oscar makes me so happy

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Two foreign language movies I saw over the last while....

Steam (aka Hamam, The Turkish Bath) - This is from 1997 and has been on my To See list for a really long time. Too long probably, because I must have built my expectations up too high. It's a good movie and I recommend it, but it's a more subtle film than I expected it to be. And the storyline is pretty different than what I thought. I was expecting a gay love story, but it was more about an entire extended family. I guess this is what can happen when you wait 14 years to see a movie.

Possibles Loves (Amores Possíveis) - A 2001 film from Brazil, one I'm pretty sure that I read about in Entertainment Weekly. It tells three stories, three possible futures for a man who is stood up while waiting for his date at a movie theatre. I'm not sure if it's because the movie is not in English (it does have subtitles) or if because I wasn't paying close enough attention to the various storylines, but the movie didn't wrap up into an understandable conclusion to me. Who knows, maybe it wasn't supposed to. It's an interesting premise, although one of the storylines has him living life as a gay man, while the other two he is heterosexual. I suppose the character is supposed to be bisexual, but it seemed like being stood up by this one woman turned him gay, which is definitely not a very enlightened way of looking at human sexuality. So I give this one a mixed review. The lead actor is extremely beautiful if that's enough to carry your interest through a movie. I couldn't find a trailer for this one, but here's the first five minutes of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJaAAhpduHk

Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    The Grand Budapest Hotel has quite a cast. I've read no reviews but that one has to go on my list just to see all those actors together in one film.
    I really was intrigued by the cast of this...but them I found out Wes Anderson is the writer and director. I liked Rushmore, but The Royal Tenenbaums was one miserable movie!! And the trailers for his movies after that have been God-awful. So I'm really scared to watch any of Anderson's movies for fear of having to find a heavy blunt instrument to smash into my head so that I can block out the movie that I just tried to watch.... I would like to hear what others think about this movie, if it's different than his recent work and if I should give it a shot. It's such a great cast to miss out on!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Afterlife
    vCash
    PeterG have you seen Moonrise Kingdom? It's easily my favourite Wes Anderson film, it's a lovely film. I won't get to see The Grand Budapest Hotel until it comes out on DVD probably. Which is massively disappointing for me.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    I enjoyed Moonrise Kingdom, thought Royal Tennebaums was ok. Grand Budapest Hotel looks intriguing - I will go see it, love Ralph Fiennes.

I saw NonStop this weekend and really enjoyed it, great popcorn action movie. And I love Liam Neesom! Plus Julianne Moore, Mary Crawley and Lupita!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast