Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Gracie Gold is a pretty girl. I think her accent is so cute!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Nah, the kid puts him/herself into that position when they decide to ask a celeb for a date.
    True. If the kid wants to embarrass himself, that's his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Excuse me? Why, exactly, does Upton owe him anything?
    Kate Upton owes us all. She takes up far too much press just for doing a lame duggie dance.

Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Hi everyone! First post I've been lurking for a weeks. Yes, I hope if she really ends up not being able to go because of Stars on Ice the media won't be too harsh on her.
    That'll teach Gracie to tweet about somebody's video.

Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Gracie Gold is a pretty girl. I think her accent is so cute!
    Gracie's got an accent?

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Gracie's got an accent?
    Being that I'm not from Missouri or Illinois, yes, from my perspective she has a noticeable Midwestern accent that I'm not used to hearing in daily conversation. She sounds sweet!

vCash
    Aw that's awesome! I was hoping Gracie would say yes!

vCash
    I don't like the way that show put her on the spot like that. In a way it pressured her to respond in a positive manner. If she knows she can't make it, she should be upfront and tell the guy she can't go, that she has a conflict instead of "stringing him along", or worse, "standing him up".

I'm also not a fan of these grand video proposals asking high-profile folks (e.g., celebrities) out on dates or to proms. It seems to me to be as much of an attention-grab for themselves as it is a genuine offer for a date. I'm sure there are plenty of local options as well.

Also, that guy gave her flowers on the show and knelt down...sorry folks but SERIOUSLY? What is he thinking??? They are meeting for the first time for goodness sake (ETA: Unless - just occurred to me - this is all "part of the show" so to speak, and they already met off camera beforehand. Still, I cringed...just. simply. awful.)
    Last edited by RD; 03-01-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redfiretrees View Post
    Hi everyone! First post I've been lurking for a weeks. Yes, I hope if she really ends up not being able to go because of Stars on Ice the media won't be too harsh on her.
    I'm pretty sure the media has already forgotten about it. They never seem to follow up on these things. It's all about the initial (flashy) proposal.

ETA unless the star's PR team follows up.

Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I don't like the way that show put her on the spot like that. In a way it pressured her to respond in a positive manner
    Hopefully it was all set up with her permission ahead of time.

But the whole thing strikes me as kind of stalkerish, not cute at all.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Pathetic? yes. Cute? not at all.

vCash
    I really hate the way that the media - whether it is an entertainment mag or show, the star's PR team or who ever sets these things up - play on the kids who really want to meet the star and have some "15 minutes of fame" hearts

The ones set up by Make a Wish or other organizations, those make me happy and I feel have the best outcome for all involved because it is a well orchestrated event, since all parties are actively involved in setting it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Basic translation: a teenager who who probably likes Gracie but is also interested in his 15 minutes of fame. Ashley got a prom request, too, but her guy didn't look like Malibu Ken so the TV quotient isn't as high. I agree these prom/dance/"celebrity, go with me to an event" videos are getting pretty trite and too frequent. Hopefully, Gracie can find a graceful way to get out of this unless she really wants to go.
    This. The kid screams creepy attention you-know-what.
    Gracie doesn't owe him SQUAT!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Gracie should have just told the interviewer "I don't even know this guy. He could be a nut for all I know. Scwew you for putting me on the spot. YOU take him to his prom. Idiot."

I find these surprise proposals from a stranger creepy and unprofessional for an interviewer to spring on someone. What if an interviewer had John Hinckley Jr. ask Jodie Foster to the prom on LIVE TV before the crap hit the fan?
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 03-01-2014 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I don't like the way that show put her on the spot like that. In a way it pressured her to respond in a positive manner. If she knows she can't make it, she should be upfront and tell the guy she can't go, that she has a conflict instead of "stringing him along", or worse, "standing him up".

I'm also not a fan of these grand video proposals asking high-profile folks (e.g., celebrities) out on dates or to proms. It seems to me to be as much of an attention-grab for themselves as it is a genuine offer for a date. I'm sure there are plenty of local options as well.

Also, that guy gave her flowers on the show and knelt down...sorry folks but SERIOUSLY? What is he thinking??? They are meeting for the first time for goodness sake (ETA: Unless - just occurred to me - this is all "part of the show" so to speak, and they already met off camera beforehand. Still, I cringed...just. simply. awful.)
    Well - Gracie re-tweeted the vid so she didn't seem too put off by it to start with...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Well - Gracie re-tweeted the vid so she didn't seem too put off by it to start with...
    That was the mistake that kicked this whole thing off. I bet Gracie wishes she could take that tweet back now. She'll know better in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyskater View Post
    Also... isn't Gracie supposed to be dating Max Aaron? Or is that over now? If they are still an item, I'm sure he wouldn't like her going on this "date".
    But then again, would a 21-year-old guy want to be attending a high school prom? Probably not.

vCash
    I'd be a life fan of Gracie if she sent back a rude video rejection.

vCash
    Some guy asked Kate Upton recently, and she never came through for him. Those scenarios put the kid in an awkward situation too. He'll be forever known as the guy that got stood up by Kate Upton. By the way, I didn't even know who Upton was until that prom business came up. She owes the kid a favor.
    Kate Upton had a model friend go in her place.

I think the practice started with guys in combat who were due home soon asking celebrities to military balls to be held when they returned. It was a "support our troops" kind of thing for the celebrity. They weren't just going for their "date", but to meet and greet all the soldiers.

I don't know why a teenager thinks an adult would enjoy being a high school prom date.

vCash
    That was the mistake that kicked this whole thing off. I bet Gracie wishes she could take that tweet back now. She'll know better in the future.
    At this rate, Gracie is establishing herself as the poster girl for Tweet ruing. She should just run with it Kanye/Alec Baldwin-style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Ashley got a prom request, too, but her guy didn't look like Malibu Ken so the TV quotient isn't as high. I agree these prom/dance/"celebrity, go with me to an event" videos are getting pretty trite and too frequent.
    At first I didn't even want to watch Malibu Ken with Gracie, and now I'm having trouble, the vid keeps buffering. But didn't she look kind of noncommittal when What'sHerFace showed his YT vid and asked if he was cute. If Gracie knew about this ahead of time, she probably would've been more enthusiastic. So yeah, kind of a yucky ambush, esp. bad cos she's just a teen.

btw some anonymous person on a social media site claimed to know the kid who asked Ashley. According to this person Ashley contacted him privately for the details. But again, that could be totally fabricated. So please don't take it as news/ fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    Kate Upton had a model friend go in her place.
    Maybe Gracie could send her sister in her place. I guess Polina Edmunds would be too young, although she probably wouldn't mind being invited to a senior prom.

vCash
    Rotflmao @ at the Malibu Ken comment!

Seriously though it does seem I'm reading these type of proposals more often than naught, kinda takes the fun out of it all. Who started this trend anyway? I seem to recall Justin Timberlake being asked by a young woman from the military and he went, and because he went Mila Kunis did the same when she too was asked by some guy from the military (was a few years ago IIRC)...

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Gracie did say if it works out, she would love to. I think Malibu Ken is old enough to understand what Gracie means by that. I also believe that if Gracie finds that she can't go because of schedule, SOI or whatever it may be that she will be considerate and let Malibu Ken know ahead of time.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast