Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Gracie Gold says yes to prom proposal

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/st...l-video-022814

Kinda cute and funny at the same time.

vCash
    "If it works out, I would love to," the 18-year-old said.
    So the chance of her actually going seems to be pretty slim. Aren't proms usually held around the same time Worlds takes place? She'll probably be training, competing, or on a tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    So the chance of her actually going seems to be pretty slim. Aren't proms usually held around the same time Worlds takes place? She'll probably be training, competing, or on a tour.
    His prom is May 14. Worlds will be well over by then, but you're right. She'll probably be busy doing shows at that time.

vCash
    Gold was a little more non-committal on "Access Hollywood Live" Thursday -- probably because she wasn't face-to-face with her paramour. She said she will be on tour with "Stars on Ice" and preparing for the World Championships over the next couple of months, so the timing may not work out.

vCash
    Is it just me, or are these stories of sweet young guys asking celebrities to go on a date with them becoming too frequent? Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I really think these guys should stick to asking women in their own area out. It almost puts the celebrity on the spot and the media makes it so they can't refuse or else they look bad.

vCash
    They do seem really common. And I agree, it puts the celebrity in an awkward situation.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Unlikely or not, I thought it was adorable. He's a cute young man! Of course, Gracie is reserved to marry my grandson, so....

vCash
    Some guy asked Kate Upton recently, and she never came through for him. Those scenarios put the kid in an awkward situation too. He'll be forever known as the guy that got stood up by Kate Upton. By the way, I didn't even know who Upton was until that prom business came up. She owes the kid a favor.

vCash
    Well, the celebrity in question should feel able to decline graciously without people making him/ her out to be a jerk. I wish the media would stop super-publicizing theses requests.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    His prom is May 14. Worlds will be well over by then, but you're right. She'll probably be busy doing shows at that time.
    May 14th this year is a Wednesday, so I don't think that's the correct date. March 14th, however, is on a Friday. If that's the correct date of his prom, it's 10 days before Worlds begin....I doubt she'd be able to go that close to it.

ETA: Never mind....I just watched his original video request, and his prom is on May 16th . I figured it was in March as most of the proms around here are in March or April and not in May.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Well, the celebrity in question should feel able to decline graciously without people making him/ her out to be a jerk. I wish the media would stop super-publicizing theses requests.
    I agree. 'Extra' set Gracie up with a sneak attack. They had the guy right there on the set ready to ambush her. She looked dumbfounded, "Great. Now what do I do?"

vCash
    All the proms here are in May or early June. It would be cool if she is able to go, but understandable if she is not.
    Team Peeps!

vCash
    Also... isn't Gracie supposed to be dating Max Aaron? Or is that over now? If they are still an item, I'm sure he wouldn't like her going on this "date".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyskater View Post
    Also... isn't Gracie supposed to be dating Max Aaron? Or is that over now? If they are still an item, I'm sure he wouldn't like her going on this "date".
    I thought I read something that indicated that was over.

I'm not sure I believe it was ever anything but PR.

vCash
    Basic translation: a teenager who who probably likes Gracie but is also interested in his 15 minutes of fame. Ashley got a prom request, too, but her guy didn't look like Malibu Ken so the TV quotient isn't as high. I agree these prom/dance/"celebrity, go with me to an event" videos are getting pretty trite and too frequent. Hopefully, Gracie can find a graceful way to get out of this unless she really wants to go.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Some guy asked Kate Upton recently, and she never came through for him. Those scenarios put the kid in an awkward situation too. He'll be forever known as the guy that got stood up by Kate Upton. By the way, I didn't even know who Upton was until that prom business came up. She owes the kid a favor.
    Nah, the kid puts him/herself into that position when they decide to ask a celeb for a date.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    That's pretty wild. Maybe Gracie was listening to this right before she made up her mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DYuFcGbGA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Excuse me? Why, exactly, does Upton owe him anything?

vCash
    Hi everyone! First post I've been lurking for a weeks. Yes, I hope if she really ends up not being able to go because of Stars on Ice the media won't be too harsh on her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopyskater View Post
    Is it just me, or are these stories of sweet young guys asking celebrities to go on a date with them becoming too frequent? Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I really think these guys should stick to asking women in their own area out. It almost puts the celebrity on the spot and the media makes it so they can't refuse or else they look bad.
    I think it's pathetic and disgusting. /cynical and proud, LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast