Canadian ladies über
    vCash

2014-2015 Skate Canada National Team updated

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/athl...ionalteam.aspx

Interesting that Chan and Virtue/Moir are still listed. Moore-Towers and Marinaro are listed in pairs (only three pairs teams) and only four women (Lacoste retired earlier this year).

Senior Men
    Patrick Chan
    Kevin Reynolds
    Liam Firus
    Elladj Baldé
    Nam Nguyen

Senior Ladies
    Kaetlyn Osmond
    Gabrielle Daleman
    Veronik Mallet
    Alaine Chartrand

Senior Pairs
    Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford
    Kirsten Moore-Towers/Michael Marinaro
    Brittany Jones/Joshua Reagan

Senior Dance
    Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir
    Kaitlyn Weaver/Andrew Poje
    Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam
    Piper Gilles/Paul Poirier
    Nicole Orford/Thomas Williams

vCash
    So does that mean that Chan and VM will be skating this year at Nats and Worlds?
    I hope so!

vCash
    Patrick Chan article (June 12): http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle19143936/
    Excerpt:
    The 23-year-old will continue to skate through the summer, just not at his usual high intensity. If he decides to return for the Canadian championships, he estimates that he’d need about two months to get back to top form.

“That’s another thing to consider,” he said. “It’s not something I can just show up at in January and hope that I skate well and win another title. It’s something that I have to really prepare and I’d want to prepare properly so I’d have to take time out of the fall to start training for that.”
    Virtue/Moir reportedly have said they will make a decision about their status by later this summer.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-08-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The press release is published now: http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx

"To be named to the National Team a skater must finish in the top five in senior singles, pair and ice dance disciplines at the Canadian Tire National Figure Skating Championships, or be added at the discretion of the International Committee."

ETA that @SkateCanada confirmed on Twitter today:
    #VirtueMoir @Pchiddy will not compete on the GP circuit this fall but have not made a decision as to the 2015 half of the season.
    ETA #2 - Beverley Smith's blog article on the Canadian national team: http://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/...l-team-chosen/
    “It’s definitely a new look for the team,” Slipchuk said. “There are new faces. We shall have a good mix. After the Olympics, you never know. I think in the next two years, you will see an ebb and flow, but two years before the Olympics, you get a clearer idea of who might be on the next Olympic team.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    London Free Press article with comments by Michael Slipchuk: http://www.lfpress.com/2014/07/09/sk...or-virtue-moir
    Excerpt:
    Technically, they [Virtue/Moir] don’t have to make any decisions until the end of September — the deadline for the 2015 Canadian championships in Kingston.

“Until that time, they’re still included on our team and everything that is involved in that until they announce they are retired or that they (indicate) they’re not going to compete this season,” Slipchuk said.
    “With Michael [Marinaro] and Kirsten, even though they’re veterans, it can take a year or two to really gel as a team,” Slipchuk said. “... We’re not going to put high expectation on them right away. They’re going to have to work their way through the system and continually see where they fit into the scene nationally and in the world.

“But they’re both strong skaters and young, so we expect them to be with us a while.”
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-11-2014 at 04:26 AM.