Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    If Meryl and Charlie have to miss Sunday shows due to DWTS, the shows in the following cities fall on a Sunday:
    Orlando 4/6, Long Island 4/13, Detroit 4/27, St. Paul 5/4, San Jose 5/11 and Seattle 5/18

That is actually quite a few dates. So if you want to see them at SOI in one of those cities you have to hope they get voted out early.
    Wow I have tickets for one of those shows. We also bought the Meet and Greet tickets. I will be super-POed if M/C aren't there.
    "In no way do I think I stopped commanding a spotlight. I think I travel with one." -- Johnny Weir

vCash
    SOI says Charlie and Meryl will be doing ALL shows.

Don't know how they're going to manage that, but hopefully it'll work out for people who bought tickets to see them in SOI.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Smart of them to clarify. But wow for D&W - performing most Fri/Sat/Sun nights and then flying back to LA to compete on Mondays? I guess they are confident they can do it, so good for them and even better for fans who want to see them live.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Smart of them to clarify. But wow for D&W - performing most Fri/Sat/Sun nights and then flying back to LA to compete on Mondays? I guess they are confident they can do it, so good for them and even better for fans who want to see them live.
    They won't be the first performers to do this. I think Donny Osmond did his Vegas shows throughout his stint. And I know other's have done concerts etc... Plus at least some of those SOI events are in CA so the commute might be easier

vCash
    The Detroit show, at least, is at 4pm. So if you flew out right afterward, say on an 8pm flight, you'd be in LA well before midnight LA time (probably around midnight Detroit time). Or you just do the red-eye at midnight (always a barrel of laughs)
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Glad to know that the plan is that they will be in every show. I noticed it said "headlining". Will they be like Evan in 2010 and performing solos but not in the ensemble numbers? That might make sense to conserve energy. I wonder if they will be training on ice for the show in LA or training for DWTS in Detroit? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    I'm surprised that they will be touring in so few US cities. I live near CO Springs, the center of U.S. figure skating, and the tour is not coming anywhere close to CO. I can probably go to Canada for their show and it will be closer. Gone are the days when SOI was a huge tour with many international skaters. I remember seeing Yagudin on the tour about 12 years ago after he won the gold, and it was such a treat.

vCash
    Jason is listed as being in the cast (first post in this thread) but I dont see him anywhere on the SOI website. He is not one of the skaters who shows up in the cast list for each city. Anybody know what gives?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Jason is listed as being in the cast (first post in this thread) but I dont see him anywhere on the SOI website. He is not one of the skaters who shows up in the cast list for each city. Anybody know what gives?
    There are multiple skaters not listed like Chock/Bates and Castelli/Shnapir. The site just doesn't seem to be updated very timely.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Thanks, TBFan. So is he expected to perform in each city?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Thanks, TBFan. So is he expected to perform in each city?
    Yes, the cast listed in the article is supposed to perform in each city. It said there would be additional special guests in various cities.

vCash
    GREAT. I didnt want to get all thrilled about seeing Jason for nothing so thank you for the assurance.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Joshua Farris tweeted:

So excited to announce that I will be performing in the full @starsonice US Tour!! #dreamcometrue
    SWEET!!!!

vCash
    Jason AND Joshua? Darn, now I wish I could go!

vCash
    Wow, this is gonna be really good. . . if it *has* to be only US skaters, they have some REALLY good ones!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I'm glad Josh was added! I'm hoping this means there will be more people added as well, along with special guests depending on the location I have Detroit tickets so I'm hoping the Shibs will be one of those special guests, or maybe WeaPo?! (I can dream )

vCash
    Brown and Farris and Abbott, nice. I wish I could go! Hope there'll be videos.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Hmm, 2nd row on the end, 7th row close to the middle, or--for $30 less--11th row in a corner?
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Not sure why the tour is called "Stars on Ice" as it really is IMG Skaters on Ice show, as just about every skater listed is an IMG skater. Aaron has no professional manager and IIRC, Edmunds is with Fireworks. Not sure about Chock and Bates, but the Shibs are also with IMG. Wonder what kind of long term contract Bradley has with SOI...yes, he is a crowd pleaser, but not an Olympian. :-/. And, IIRC, Jason Brown has yet to sign with an agency.
    Last edited by B.Cooper; 03-13-2014 at 02:31 AM.

vCash
    I think we should wait and see if Jason will be performing in all 20 U.S. cities of the tour. He's guaranteed to be at his hometown stop though! He just tweeted this tonight:
    So excited 2 announce that if u buy tickets 4 the Stars On Ice show May 3rd in Chicago & use offer code "Jason", $10 goes to ALS Foundation!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast