Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I have my eye on Providence. I'm really excited to see these skaters. Sure its not Champions on Ice in its heyday, but its something fun!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I'm surprised about the Shibs too, but maybe school was a factor for them as well (I have no idea how many courses they're taking atm or if they took the whole semester off)
    At least the Shibutanis are going to the Japan tour.

vCash
    disappointed moore-towers and moscovitch wont be in the canadian tour, but i can understand as they're not represented by IMG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unchat123 View Post
    Are non-North American skaters boycotting the tour or something? The last time I went to CSOI the only non-Canadian skater was Sasha Cohen, and I was very disappointed with the lack of elite international headliners (which, if I'm paying $100 a ticket, I want to see).
    A while ago, there was a news report that IMG made a deal with the USFS on a US tour. The report did not say which ice shows they were referring to. For the last several years, the US part of SOI could not find a sponsor and has been struggling. My suspicion is that USFS will do promotion for the tour, while SOI will focus on US skaters.

vCash
    Yeah, SOI is turning into a protectionist version of the Collins tour...... quite disappointing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unchat123 View Post
    Yeah, SOI is turning into a protectionist version of the Collins tour...... quite disappointing.
    I have no idea what that means.

I'm glad that there are at least more than a handful of shows for ANY skaters to be able to perform after the season and earn some $$ and for figure skating fans to be able to see live skating.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    disappointed moore-towers and moscovitch wont be in the canadian tour, but i can understand as they're not represented by IMG
    Ah, that makes sense. I was hoping to see them too - but otherwise the CSOI cast is pretty good and I'm not complaining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post

I'm glad that there are at least more than a handful of shows for ANY skaters to be able to perform after the season and earn some $$ and for figure skating fans to be able to see live skating.
    My thought, as well.

vCash
    So Yuna isn't invited to any of the SOI? how about the Russian skaters? I would rather see Lipnitskaya, Mao and Yuna than.. some of the US skaters.

vCash

I meant it's becoming a US-only (or Canada-only) version of the Collins "Champions on Ice" tour, where you get to see the one country's latest medal winners, not necessarily seasoned pros.

vCash
    Can someone explain the Ryan Bradley inclusion? I enjoyed him as a skater but he's not a huge name and since the cast is skewing current (specifically this Olympic cycle), why him over say Max (especially with Mirai included as sort of the just missed the team choice) or Adam who is an IMG client?
    Last edited by lauren329; 02-27-2014 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Sounds like a lot better cast than what we have seen in recent years. There will not be a show in Phoenix. I may go to San Jose; the show happens to be on my birthday, so I may be able to convince my brother to go there with me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post
    Can someone explain the Ryan Bradley inclusion? I enjoyed him as a skater but he's not a huge name and since the cast is skewing current, why him over say Max (especially if Mirai included as sort of the just missed the team choice) or Adam who is an IMG client?
    What's the point of having an SOI show if they don't include fan favorites like Ryan and Mirai?

A few people have asked "where are the Intl stars" and it's possible they are skating at shows at home for bigger paydays and with less travel involved.

Of course I wish I could see Mao or Yuna (and many others) but wouldn't expect them to intentionally lose money just to skate in USA.
    Last edited by MrLucky; 02-27-2014 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Sounds like a lot better cast than what we have seen in recent years. I don't know if there will be a show in Phoenix. I will definitely go (after almost 7 years, I think) if they come here.
    There is not currently a show in Phoenix shown on the schedule -- several in southern California appear to be the closest.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    What's the point of having an SOI show if they don't include fan favorites like Ryan and Mirai?

I understand the appeal. But its just he's kind of an oddity on the list. You have the Olympic bronze medal team, Olympians Chock & Bates, Mirai (who just missed the team and who USFS kind of owed one), and then Ryan Bradley who was not at all in the Olympic mix. If you had Tanith & Ben, Czisny etc., I would get it more but he's just kind of the one lone random noncompetitor inclusion.

vCash
    I can't imagine that Jason won't be doing the Chicago stop, since it's his hometown...never been to any ice skating show in my life, but I may shell out the monies for this.

vCash
    There is not currently a show in Phoenix shown on the schedule -- several in southern California appear to be the closest.
    I had already edited my post after checking out the SOI website, so you can delete your post.

vCash
    Happy to see Mirai on the list. It will really help her develop her artistry and the ability to relate to the audience.

vCash
    Just ordered tickets for Detroit. Amazing, on what I guess is the first day, so many seats are not available already. I am in the fourth row. I know the big tour groups get blocks of reserved seats for Nationals, didn't know they did it for SOI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Just ordered tickets for Detroit. Amazing, on what I guess is the first day, so many seats are not available already. I am in the fourth row. I know the big tour groups get blocks of reserved seats for Nationals, didn't know they did it for SOI.
    Tickets have been on sale since the week of Nationals. They only just announced the full cast yesterday.

I'll be at the Hershey show - not happy that I have to drive over an hour but excited to see D/W and the other Olympians. If I had my choice, I would rather see Adam than Ryan, but Ryan does have a nat'l title, plus he has been part of SOI before, plus he fills the Scott Hamilton role (goofball entertainer).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast