Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash

Stars on Ice Cast Announced

http://www.starsonice.com/news.html?n_id=432

USA’S DAVIS AND WHITE HEADLINE THE 2014 CAST OF EMMY-AWARD WINNING STARS ON ICE

In addition to Gold medalists Davis and White, two-time U.S. champion Ashley Wagner, 2014 U.S. champion Gracie Gold, four-time and reigning U.S. champion Jeremy Abbott, 2014 U.S. silver medalist Jason Brown, and two-time reigning U.S. pair champions Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir comprise the bronze medal team that will join the Stars on Ice 2014 Tour.

The Stars on Ice 2014 Tour cast will also include two-time U.S. ice dancing silver medalists Madison Chock and Evan Bates, 2011 U.S. Champion Ryan Bradley and 2010 Olympian and 2014 U.S. Bronze medalist Mirai Nagasu. Several special guests will also make appearances throughout the tour.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    The Japanese part of the tour has been announced, too.
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2014/tokyo.html#player
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2014/nagoya.html#player
    http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/soi2014/osaka.html#player

Buttle, Rochette, Arakawa, Oda, Asada, Suzuki, Murakami, Virtue & Moir, Shibutani & Shibutani, Reed & Reed, and Takahashi & Kihara

The Canadian part has been announced quite a while ago:
    http://www.starsonice.ca/the-skaters.html
    Chan, Virtue & Moir, Browning, Rochette, Buttle, Duhamel & Radford, Osmond, Weaver & Poje, and Sawyer.

vCash
    Still ticked that the tour does not come to a city within driving distance for me. Booooo

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I haven't been to an SOI show in several years. Do they still do the big production numbers with the whole cast (circa 1990s), or is it more like COI was in that the skaters just bring their exhibition programs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I haven't been to an SOI show in several years. Do they still do the big production numbers with the whole cast (circa 1990s), or is it more like COI was in that the skaters just bring their exhibition programs?
    That would depends on how much training time they would have between the Worlds and the tour.

Last year, the US part of the tour consisted of professionals. The Canadian tour was held after the Worlds. IIRC, they had two openings, one final, and some ensemble numbers in between.

http://kurtfiles.com/pics/event.php?...m+Stars+on+Ice (US)

http://kurtfiles.com/pics/event.php?...n+Stars+on+Ice (Canada)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Yey, Mirai is included in the cast!

vCash
    Very happy for the additions to the US cast! It is a shame that there are still parts of the US that don't get the tour anywhere within a reasonable traveling distance.

vCash
    I will be front row center on opening night of the Canadian tour and will be blogging about it all!

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Yey, Mirai is included in the cast!

vCash
    I wish there was some cast mingling between the US and Canadian tours! I'm in the US, but I'd love to see Buttle, Chan, Virtue/Moir, Rochette.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I wish there was some cast mingling between the US and Canadian tours! I'm in the US, but I'd love to see Buttle, Chan, Virtue/Moir, Rochette.
    That's exactly how I feel, but with the overlap of the tours, that won't be the case for this season.

vCash
    Boooo, no Edmunds but Nagasu instead. Boo.

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Boooo, no Edmunds but Nagasu instead. Boo.
    because you would have gone to see it if Polina were in it?
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    Are non-North American skaters boycotting the tour or something? The last time I went to CSOI the only non-Canadian skater was Sasha Cohen, and I was very disappointed with the lack of elite international headliners (which, if I'm paying $100 a ticket, I want to see).

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unchat123 View Post
    Are non-North American skaters boycotting the tour or something? The last time I went to CSOI the only non-Canadian skater was Sasha Cohen, and I was very disappointed with the lack of elite international headliners (which, if I'm paying $100 a ticket, I want to see).
    Good question. Even if I understand that Japanese skaters (for example) would be really difficult to obtain on a North American tour, I've never understood the dynamics between the US and Canadian tours.

vCash
    So does all the named cast go to all the shows? Because when I look at the Chicago show, and it says "see the skaters" I click and there is no Jason Brown.
    I'm not spending like $500 (2 tickets, hotel room, gas) if he's not supposed to be there.

vCash
    Not surprised Polina isn't on the list as the tour is in April and she'll have missed a lot of school with Worlds & Olympics. If there is a stop local to her, I'm sure she might perform as a guest.

I was sad but not entirely surprised to see that Z/B were not on the list but very surprised to see the Shibs with their Internet following and their MJ program that seems made for SOI not in the cast. The team event was great for those who got medals but its almost like we had 2 teams- the Olympic team and the more exclusive team event medal team. But Chock & Bates at least got the tour. I guess they are IMG clients? Good for them.

I was initially surprised to see Mirai on the list but this was probably the carrot USFS offered her in exchange for her PC statement the night of the team announcement.
    Last edited by lauren329; 02-27-2014 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    I'm surprised about the Shibs too, but maybe school was a factor for them as well (I have no idea how many courses they're taking atm or if they took the whole semester off)

vCash
    Yeah, there is a dilution of skaters that makes attending the US tours less appealing. In recent years, the only tour that seemed to generate significant international presence was the Korean one. Though now, the Russian tours likely have enough name skaters in Russia alone to make that tour wildly popular.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    A lot fewer towns than in its heyday.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast