vCash

So who turns Senior next season?

Change of the old guards is always fun. So who are we expecting to see in Seniors next season? I'm assuming Nam Nguyen will. Amber Glenn? And which of the Russian babies?
    New pairs/dance faces?

vCash
    ^^^ Do you mean nationally or internationally or both?

2014 World Junior men's champ Nam Nguyen, who turns 16 in May, already is fully senior - he placed 10th at 2014 Four Continents and 12th at Worlds (the latter placement should guarantee him 2 Senior Grand Prix assignments next season).

Amber Glenn was quoted after her 7th place finish at Junior Worlds: "I will move to seniors next season, at least nationally, and maybe do Junior Grand Prix internationally."

2014 World Junior and U.S. Junior champion ice dancers Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker were interviewed for the latest "Inside Edge" blog on Icenetwork:
    Hawayek and Baker are looking forward to next season, when they expect to compete as seniors for the first time.

"It's good timing, at the beginning of an Olympic cycle, to get your foot in the door," Baker said. "It gives you four years of solid experience before the Olympics. We're looking for one of the Olympic spots in 2018."
    Japan's Shoma Uno, age 16 (5th at Junior Worlds) just won the gold in his senior international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy in Italy. He could still return to the JGP in the fall, though.

Russia's World Junior ladies' silver and bronze medalists, Serafima SAKHANOVICH and Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, are both 14 and too young for the Senior Grand Prix this fall (new ISU age rule of 15 minimum for all ISU senior events goes into effect on July 1, 2014). ETA: Ditto for 2013/14 JGP Final ladies champ Maria SOTSKOVA and 5th place finisher Alexandra PROKLOVA.

Polina Edmunds, who turns 16 in May, will make her Senior Grand Prix debut this fall.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-04-2014 at 03:30 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Amber is too young for the GP.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Amber Glenn. I wonder how she'll do competing at the senior level at US Nationals. Will she be a threat to the Top 5 finishers at nationals last year?

vCash
    In terms of the men, the entire top 10 from Junior Worlds are technically age eligible for seniors Worlds for 2015 except for Latvia's Deniss Vasiļjevs (who misses the cutoff for senior worlds by about a month).

Considering that Japan and the United States have 3 spots and Russia, China and Canada have 2 spots each, skaters like Uno, Jin, Chen, etc, could be outside shots for the senior world team.

vCash
    These two will be turning Senior next year and I honestly cannot wait (they are now my #1 Favorite Pair Team now that Donlan & Speroff have split, unfortunately):

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/team/aaron_settlage

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MADDIE & MAX!!!!

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    In terms of the men, the entire top 10 from Junior Worlds are technically age eligible for seniors Worlds for 2015 except for Latvia's Deniss Vasiļjevs (who misses the cutoff for senior worlds by about a month).
    Deniss is one of the up-and-comers I'm very excited about. But I suppose it's not bad to let him simmer some more on the junior level so he can (hopefully) burst onto the senior level when his time comes.
    Like a leaf on the wind

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    From the Canadian Pairs thread, kalamalka brings the news that Grenier and Deschamps will skate senior this season.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy