Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    With vocals being allowed now, I expect Carmina Burana to become a more common choice for skaters. Well for men and pairs. It would have to be a kick a** lady who would pick it.

The Battlestar music - how easily could the audience separate it from the story? Would programs that used it be the "sci-fi" program? I think that is the concern with movie tracks. When del-shoes did the piano, they went way more literally with it than my vision of it. I just liked the music standing on its own.
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    I have never seen BSG. A friend of mine is a huge fan of the show and made a cd with a lot of the BSG music which I find to be fabulous without knowing the stories behind the music. He will find it quite humorous to know that this music is being discussed on FSU!

vCash
    I think it would be very easy to do a soft, romantic, bittersweet program to Roslin & Adama that doesn't come across as Sci-fi at all. I actually don't get much of a sci-fi vibe from most of the music at all. It's very classically-based. Roslin & Adama is a waltz. Prelude to War is a (fabulous) march. Diaspora Oratorio is a small choral oratorio (obviously). The other three pieces sound very much like classical works - I mean, they're called Passacaglia and Allegro. I think, rather, that many people would watch the programs and be shocked to discover that the music came from a Sci-fi TV series if they weren't already in the know. I mean, nothing about Roslin and Adama sounds sci-fi-y at all.

vCash
    Ashley should skate to Carmen next year. If ever there was a female skater with energy & 'bitch face' to do it justice, it would be Ashley.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    The Battlestar music - how easily could the audience separate it from the story? Would programs that used it be the "sci-fi" program? I think that is the concern with movie tracks. When del-shoes did the piano, they went way more literally with it than my vision of it. I just liked the music standing on its own.
    As as I am that BSG didn't get the popularity is was easily due (the critics absolutely adored it - Wikipedia has a whole section devoted to that), skaters could easily use the music without having any idea that it was from a Science Fiction TV series (plus, the music in and of itself is far removed from what most would consider to be affiliated with the genre).

One of the things about the way Bear McCreary scored BSG is his incorporation of a wide variet of World Music into it and as a result, it is unlike any soundtrack from Science Fiction movies or TV shows previously done.

Mirichuwater, Prelude to War has been my fantasy music for a skater to use. With a running time of 8:22, there are so many gems that could be culled from it the mind boggles.

Are You Alive? / Battlestar Galactica Main Title from the Miniseries/Pilot would also be great skating music. The Main Title from it (on the link) starts at 1:11/1:12, and as soon as I hear the Kodo Drums used in it, I fell in love .

Scar is another piece that I would have loved to see used -- I always thought it would have been perfect for Daisuke Takahashi.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    OMGoodness. Huge fan of BSG soundtrack. Did you know that Bear is doing the soundtracks for the Starz' series Black Sails and Davinci's Demons.

Here is the black sails theme
    I don't have access to Starz, so I had no idea that Bear was scoring those series, but I will definitely check the music out on youtube.

For fans of The Walking Dead, the musical score/soundtrack for it is by Bear, as is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

vCash
    I wouldn't wish Carmen on Ashley. She wants her skating image to be edgy and sexy. Carmen is not edgy. Ashley should continue with rock or bluesy programs.
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Lindi Ortega, Imelda May, Natalie Merchant and Tracy Chapman.

vCash
    A number of years ago I really wanted someone to skate to "El Tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge. My wish came true.

"My Name is Lincoln" by Steve Jablonsky from "The Island" soundtrack is definitely a wish of mine. Powerful music.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    "My Name is Lincoln" by Steve Jablonsky from "The Island" soundtrack is definitely a wish of mine. Powerful music.
    I discovered this piece while watching a Band of Brothers trailer that a fan had made and thought it was wonderful, and I immediately thought that My Name is Lincoln, along with the other piece of music that person used would be perfect for skating .

The other music used was Guardians at the Gate by Audiomachine. Some people here my recognize it as it was also used in the movie trailer for Avatar.

ETA: Another piece by Audiomachine I've thought would be good skating music is House of Cards (not to be confused with the BBC/Netflix series).

vCash
    Snow Storm by Sviridov skated by Volosozhar/Trankov

vCash
    Watching these Olympics with all the skaters live has really emphasized for me how many of the same songs are used over and over again in skating. Too much Carmen, Bolero, Les Mis... There needs to be more originality!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
    I wish skaters would use some Asian-themed music (not Memoirs of a Geisha). The Lover's Theme from House of Flying Daggers is exquisite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr52dyCUqE
    Yes on both counts! So much music out there that skaters over for Memoirs of a Geisha of Madame Butterfly. I also love the music from the Hero soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas
    The "Game of Thrones" soundtracks are quite awesome as well. I always get goosebumps during the Opening
    ITA. I'm surprised no one has used this yet.

vCash
    I really want someone to use the theme song of "Downton Abbey". It's so beautiful
    "Game of Thrones" soundtrack is also excellent. Someone has to skate to it. Maybe a skater/pair will have the guts to use "The Rains of Castamere" (quite a warning to the other competitors )

vCash
    Oh, yes please for Downton Abbey theme! Also maybe the soundtrack to Once Upon a time., And the music for Skyrim

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I mentioned in another thread - Rose Royce "Car Wash". Probably best for an Ice Dance team. But I bet Ricky Dornbush could get wild with it too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlARiwAazQI

vCash
    Globus' La Coronacion.
    Pink Martini's Latiny, jazzy version of Bolero
    I've mentioned twice about how much I lurve "The Fountainhead" score and Barry White's Love's Theme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    ..........and Barry White's Love's Theme.
    Too risky. The audience might break into a spontaneous love session?

vCash
    Long time lurker, first post

I would love to see someone skate to the soundtrack of "The Tudors" .

Also the "Lord of the rings" soundtrack.

vCash
    Orchestral movie soundtracks are untapped resources. They often inspire me more than classical music.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Since lyrics will be allowed next season, this is some of the music that I would totally love any skater to perform to:

Stand Back - Stevie Nicks

Straight Back - Stevie Nicks

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

Seven Wonders - Fleetwood Mac
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast