vCash

Yuna Kim the greatest competitor of all Time!!

either you like her skating or not, but there's no doubt she's the greatest competitor of all time!!

with 4 clean Olympic performances back to back.. coming back last year winning her 2nd world title.. competing again this year trying to her defend title. she skated last and did not crumble under pressure! a true champion in my book!!

the girl deserves mad respect!!! even dick button showed some respect!

vCash
    Wow, Dick Button did that for a non-American?! That's fantastic.

vCash
    She's a legend!

vCash
    I can't think of any other lady who showed up to worlds/olys multiple times and medaled each and every time!

Blergh
    vCash
    She deserves mad respect. I was just in utter awe of her when she was performing that LP. A vast majority of skaters would have crumbled under that pressure.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    She deserves mad respect. I was just in utter awe of her when she was performing that LP. A vast majority of skaters would have crumbled under that pressure.
    This. Can you imagine how much pressure she was under? The crowd was booing her. The judges gave Sotnikova such high scores it was obvious Yuna had to be perfect to win. Every time she went for a jump, one fall, pop, step, 2-foot, UR, anything and it was over ... and she nailed every single f*ing thing.

And they still stole it from her. Absolute total joke of a competition.

vCash
    ^^
    Really? I thoght i heard them cheering loudly.

ITA. I love her competitive fire. That was a great skate. My favourite, though, is her Send in the Clowns. There was a sweet sadness to it...just lovely. And there are moments when she tilts her head or makes a subtle movement with her arms or shoulders...just lovely. I am just so happy for her that she could come back and skate like this. I was streaming both the sp and lp at work!

And what an incredible night of skating! The entire top group was just awesome!

vCash
    Awesome skater. I'm a fan of her grouchy tango, although I know many aren't.

vCash
    Yes she is the best!

vCash
    This thread just comes across as so desperate. LOL. I wonder if her fans are getting together to make her a platinum medal?
    Last edited by shine; 02-21-2014 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    As the last skater no less. She is truly made of steel.

vCash
    We all know that Yuna Kim was the real winner today. Congrats Queen Yuna on your medal, which should have been your second gold.

vCash
    She has never been off a podium in her skating career!

No one will ever match her achievements!

vCash
    Yup, great competitor. Shameful judging denied her a second OGM, but she's a winner in the eyes of many.

vCash
    Just fantastic, and phenomenal. I have so much respect for what she did on the ice over the years, and off the ice.
    Thanks, many thanks.

vCash
    To me, she reached her athletic potential and was lucky that the new judging system does not force her to try the 3Lo.
    Artistically, she could do so much more. I wish she had worked with a Christopher Dean type of choreographer, someone who would have challenged her more. David Wilson kept her too much in her comfort zone.

vCash
    I'd never been a fan of Yuna leading up to and including Vancouver (mad props to her for delivering there, though thought she was overscored). I found her to be quite stiff and not all that artistic. Still, I started warming up to her at the last worlds - so much respect for that dominant comeback, and now after she again delivers 2 perfect programs at the Olympics on such hostile turf, I may have just become a fan. What a competitor! She was totally robbed.

vCash
    Sorry, best COMPETITOR of all time is Kat Witt. She knew exactly how to get under her competition's skin and keep them off balance and how to just enough to beat them. That's a competitor.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    I was doing some research and only Sonja Henie, Katarina Witt, and Yuna Kim - they are the only ladies who have even tried defending an Olympic title. Most ladies champions win the gold and then run.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

ITA. I enjoyed her skating more than ever and even if I didn't--nerves of steel, pure courage.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death