Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Christine Brennan (USA Today, ABC, NPR) says headline will be "Worse than SLC 2002"

just saw on her twitter

vCash
    Headling?
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    headline

vCash
    If the mods would be kind to change "headline", thank you. It won't let me edit the thread title.

vCash
    Oh! I couldn't think what that meant -- thought she was talking about the general hubbub, not about her own article.

Not surprised she'd go that route.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Not surprised she'd go that route.
    I guess all the other lanes were closed.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Good, I can't wait for the S to hit the F.

vCash
    The next week is going to be ugly. I doubt Sotnikova will even have an ounce of satisfaction left over her cheated win when this is over. She is going to be put through the barnburner. I wonder if one judge will break like Marie Reine LeGougne did and admit to the collusion- we all know it was there, and a 2nd gold will be awarded just like 2002. As wrong as the result was I am not sure I want that, as that would be the last thing figure skating's rapidly fading image needs.

vCash
    I highly doubt anyone wants to go back to duel gold medals and I don't think we'll be going there. This case is much harder anyway, as Kostner was probably equally deserving of the gold as Kim.

vCash
    They are not doing another 2002 SLC. That was such a giant embarrassment that no one ever wants to relive. I think they will focus on revamping the judging system for more transparency.

Also Yuna is not as thirsty as S/P who desperately went after it. She has been gracious in defeat and will move on to other great things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post
    They are not doing another 2002 SLC. That was such a giant embarrassment that no one ever wants to relive. I think they will focus on revamping the judging system for more transparency.

Also Yuna is not as thirsty as S/P who desperately went after it. She has been gracious in defeat and will move on to other great things.
    and is probably quietly relishing Adelina being ripped to shreads by the skating world while will always be considered the real winner of the 2014 Games. Basically she is the 2 time Olympic Champion, it just isnt in writing. Adelina will mostly be seen as a joke in the skating world moving forward, where with a bronze medal which she deserved would be seen as the next great champion. What a shame for her too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechicko_o View Post

Like the judging system's problems will ever be fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertmirsh View Post
    and is probably quietly relishing Adelina being ripped to shreads by the skating world while will always be considered the real winner of the 2014 Games. Basically she is the 2 time Olympic Champion, it just isnt in writing. Adelina will mostly be seen as a joke in the skating world moving forward, where with a bronze medal which she deserved would be seen as the next great champion. What a shame for her too.
    Yep.

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    I can't stand Christine Brennan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I can't stand Christine Brennan.
    I cant stand her either but this time as much as I hate to admit it she is right. The next few days and even few weeks are going to be an ugly time for the skating world, and if Sotnikova's team are wise they will keep her in a bubble outside of the exterior world completely since she is going to be torn to pieces if she listens to them. I guess it isnt fair to her, she didnt score herself, but tonight was such a farce I find it hard to find sympathy.

vCash
    Our @USATODAYsports sit down with @AshWagner2010 ... Video coming soon. pic.twitter.com/8N0K0kYzvp
    She keeps fanning the flame.....
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Ashley is entitled to her opinion, but she really, really should not talk right now.

Sabre-rattler
    vCash
    I wish this thread was just about the ultimate in Headbands of Power, not some trashy, rancorous, sensationalistic, signature Brennan "headline."

I feel for Adelina. She went out there and fought tooth and nail for every element in each program and presented the highest difficulty. She has unequivocal skating skills. She skated with exuberance, attack, flair, personality and total abandon. Yeah, she's unpolished. She's a diamond in the rough.

I wish Yuna had fought that hard, or Carolina not been quite so dully angelic, with unexciting spins. But they didn't/weren't. And Mao would be OGM right now (IMO of course) if it not for the short program. If, if, if ...

Adelina snatched that gold. I don't think anyone handed it to her. She fought like a wild cat caught in a trap, for life or death.

Sheesh, I really need coffee. Shouldn't post before coffee probably.
    Like a leaf on the wind

vCash
    This about sums it up for me: Economist - Putin

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    This about sums it up for me: Economist - Putin
    Is it wrong I suddenly wish I still had a subscription to The Economist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast