Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Worst moments:

Ladies event at this Olympics (Hopefully it's OK to at least list this as it is part of my answer to the question asked)
    Kwan 1998 and 2002 Olympics
    Ito 1992 Olympics
    Nagasu 2010 Worlds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Perhaps she was criticising your grammar?

Midori falling in the SP in Albertville was probably the worst moment for me. I had only just started watching, but I knew that finishing outside the top three in the SP was disastrous if you were a contender for gold. There have been quite a few other bad moments, though.
    That kind of moment is the same as Carolina Kostner in 2006. 30 seconds on the ice, and a fall. You immediatly know it's over for you. So sad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    My worst moment as a FS fan was 1998 Worlds in Minneapolis. As we're checking into our hotel, Dick Button walks through the lobby. I got so excited and yelled "Hi Dick." He gave me a very rude stare and walked away. I still hold it against him.
    Dick can be a jerk if he wants to be. I found that out-firsthand.

vCash
    My worst moment(s) as a fan were probably the worst moments for my favourite skater -- Kurt Browning's short programs at the 1992 and 1994 Olympics. Actually, the worst part was listening to him apologize to Canadians afterwards.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    My worst moment(s) as a fan were probably the worst moments for my favourite skater -- Kurt Browning's short programs at the 1992 and 1994 Olympics. Actually, the worst part was listening to him apologize to Canadians afterwards.
    Really that was my worst moment(s) to. But he went on to have a wonderful pro career and dare I say a happier and more successful one than some gold medalists that came after him. I often wonder if it would have been different if he had changed that short program. I often wonder if it was mind thing he just could not get by the fall in his mind.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan falling during her free skate in her 2nd olympics.
    Grinkov passing away at such a young age.
    This year's US Nationals and the Olympics, where only a few were able to skate well and of those who fell, complaining about being ripped off, and the possibility of unfair judging. Truly disappointed for the sport and disappointed in "fans" who think their job is to say the most cruel things possible to skaters who sacrifice so much to compete in public.

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    All of those years in which I was a skating fan and didn't know it.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Yuna losing to Adelina's massive 30 points inflation

Adelina 1 point off Yuna's WR with ugly, double footed 3-2-2 and massively inflated PCS in both SP and LP

vCash
    When DW lost to VM at 2012 worlds

When Asada was at 2010 OLY

vCash
    Michelle at Nagano
    Michelle's triple flip at SLC
    Mao at 2010 OLY
    Mao SP at 2014 OLY
    Michelle exiting 2006 OLY due to her injury
    Sasha's LP at 2006 OLY

vCash
    the death of Christopher Bowman, such a waste of talent
    the low scoring of Johnny at Vancouver when he pulled together two great skates
    Evan winning gold at 2009 Nationals even though Johnny skated cleaner
    Tiffany Chin not reaching her full potential due to injury

vCash
    Todd Eldredge not having an Oly medal - I guess that should count for 4 moments? I think the only FS moment I'm still not over is his 1998 FS...

Michelle at SLC Olympics. I couldn't believe it when I first heard the result, and I was glad I was home alone because I wouldn't want anyone to see me in the state I was in.

Hongbo Zhao's injury before Torino Olys. That bronze might have been on par with the two above, but as they've got gold in 2010 it's just a part of the road now...

Jeff Buttle retiring so suddenly - that hurt.

Savchenko and Szolkowy not winning Olympics. In 2010 I felt bad wishing for them to lose, but I wanted S&Z to get gold and was thinking that Germans will have their chance. Now it's just painful to think - 2 bronze medals for one of the best (maybe one of the best ever) pairs.

vCash
    Seeing the picture of the xray of Plushenko's back, with the snapped screw that is so close to his spinal cord, and knowing that there are STILL as$holes who say he faked it, or who say he should have skated and not withdrawn...

vCash
    Darya,

What's your take on this Adelina/Yuna fuss being made in the States? Are they talking about it in Moscow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Darya,

What's your take on this Adelina/Yuna fuss being made in the States? Are they talking about it in Moscow?
    There are other places to discuss this -- trying to do so here will probably end up getting the thread closed or moved. Pick your poison.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    There are other places to discuss this -- trying to do so here will probably end up getting the thread closed or moved. Pick your poison.
    I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just want to get a balanced perspective. I suspect people feel differently in Darya's neck of the woods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by darya_russian View Post
    Todd Eldredge not having an Oly medal - I guess that should count for 4 moments? I think the only FS moment I'm still not over is his 1998 FS...
    I felt sorry for Todd too. He and Tara Lipinski were training partners. She brought home the Gold, and he didn't medal.

having a nice day
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    Vash, I was livid with the way B&S were treated during SLC, and I still remember a lot of the garbage they had to put up with. I still remember reading how they were treated in the athletes village, the Jay Leno monologue, Rosie O'Donnell's tantrums etc.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth concerning NBC's coverage of that games 12 years later.

Poor behavior has no country
    Oh frick. Apparently that was so awful I've blocked it completely until you mentioned it-and it all came rushing back. Yes it was terrible what was said/done to B&S. It should never have happened. They're always THE gold medalists to me .
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    About 5 or so years ago, after a show, I had the opportunity to meet a certain skater (name withheld). I've never really gotten to meet/talk with a skater prior to that, so one could imagine what I was thinking. Soon after I approached (nervously/reluctantly, knowing this may be my only chance and not wanting to throw it away) and began to talk, my mind just completely shut down. It was like I was in outer space or something. Never ever had that feeling before...all I could do was smile like an ***. I've met and talked with this skater since then with no problems but I'll still NEVER live that down. Downright awkward/embarrassing moment for me personally and a low point as a fan. It's never happened before. Freaking A. The moment got to me.

As far as skating results go, I consider myself usually pretty level-headed when it comes to skating, since for years I have had no favorites in the game. But...for some reason, I nearly had a meltdown after Carolina Kostner won some GP event after an imperfect skate. I TRULY felt she didn't deserve it. She ALWAYS gets held up by the judges, I thought. I was incensed and nearly swore off ever watching skating again. I mean, I'm not thrilled about Sotnikova's Olympic victory and join the many who think something odd was going on with the judging, but I don't have that "jaded" feeling that I did about that other event...oddly enough, I can't even remember which one it was. Didn't like Kostner winning worlds in 2012 either. That was DEFINITELY one of my worst moments as a fan...
    _______

These days, thankfully I don't find myself getting nervous any more in these M&G situations...if you are not used to being around folks with higher profiles, it can be nerve-wracking sometimes, found out firsthand...
    Last edited by RD; 02-23-2014 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Being in the audience for Caroline Zhang's disaster LP at SA this year. It was so hard to watch.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast