Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    worst moment as a figure skating fan? watching yuna in the kiss and cry looking up at her scores while listening to that horrible audience cheering.. russyaaa! russsyaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    coming to the realization that figure skating isn't a sport, shouldn't be in the Olympics and that I have wasted the last 2 weeks of my life watching it
    same here..

having a nice day
    vCash
    Right now I can only think of three-
    Abt losing to Yagudin at euros
    Plushenko losing to Lysacek at Olympics
    D10 losing to Chan at worlds
    Have a nice day!

vCash
    Yuna kim lost to the judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    worst moment as a figure skating fan? watching yuna in the kiss and cry looking up at her scores while listening to that horrible audience cheering.. russyaaa! russsyaaa!

same here..

that horrible country was the HOST of the Olys not your country lol! don't worry ,you will have plenty to go mad about in 2018 lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post
    How awful that they were chanting the name of their own country! (sarcasm). Did you really expect them to chant "Korea...Korea..."?

Yuna looked much more calm and dignified in the K&C than some posters here. She is a beautiful woman, a wonderful champion that many should emulate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    How awful that they were chanting the name of their own country! (sarcasm). Did you really expect them to chant "Korea...Korea..."?

Yuna looked much more calm and dignified in the K&C than some posters here. She is a beautiful woman, a wonderful champion that many should emulate.
    I think it was in poor taste for the audience to be chanting that after the performance of a foreign skater. I was also a bit disappointed at the lack of respect that was shown to many of the non-Russian athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    I think it was in poor taste for the audience to be chanting that after the performance of a foreign skater. I was also a bit disappointed at the lack of respect that was shown to many of the non-Russian athletes.
    Totally agree.

vCash
    In SLC after B&S's win someone made an ugly gesture at Anton, as he was heading to the medal podium. You don't think that's bad?

vCash
    In SLC after B&S's win someone made an ugly gesture at Anton, as he was heading to the medal podium. You don't think that's bad?
    Of course that's bad; it's awful--but it doesn't negate the less than gracious behavior from some of the audience in Sochi.

vCash

Yeah Yuna was so dignified in the K$C. I was surprised she didn't look mad or sad but saw her crying later in the back stage on NBC.. that was so sad and I cried with her. It totally broke my heart.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Is this an Olympic discussion? Because if it is, I need to move this thread.

Second time I've said this; there won't be a third.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Vash, I was livid with the way B&S were treated during SLC, and I still remember a lot of the garbage they had to put up with. I still remember reading how they were treated in the athletes village, the Jay Leno monologue, Rosie O'Donnell's tantrums etc.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth concerning NBC's coverage of that games 12 years later.

Poor behavior has no country
    Last edited by escaflowne9282; 02-22-2014 at 04:13 AM.

vCash
    My worst moment as a FS fan was 1998 Worlds in Minneapolis. As we're checking into our hotel, Dick Button walks through the lobby. I got so excited and yelled "Hi Dick." He gave me a very rude stare and walked away. I still hold it against him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Is this an Olympic discussion? Because if it is, I need to move this thread.

Second time I've said this; there won't be a third.
    Don't you think you're going a little overboard here? Discussions often verge off-topic, but that doesn't mean it should be moved. And, the Olympics are over in a few days. Afterwards, they can be discussed in this forum, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    Don't you think you're going a little overboard here? Discussions often verge off-topic, but that doesn't mean it should be moved. And, the Olympics are over in a few days. Afterwards, they can be discussed in this forum, no?
    I am not a mod but I agree with Prancer. The whinging about the results is taking over every single goddamned thread on this board. Let's keep a few on topic, ey?

vCash
    I remember Brian Orser's disappointment in not winning the Worlds in 1986 Geneva...

vCash
    Number 1 worst for me, when Grishuk and Platov split!

Others

Plushenko having to withdraw at this Olympics

Michelle Kwan falling in Salt Lake

Johnny getting judged unfairly in Vancouver

Oksana Baiul suing Viktor Petrenko

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    As long as the Olympic forums are there, that's where Olympic discussion belongs.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Just so everyone knows, the username Maofan7 gave me negative reputation points for simply saying that the "2014 fladies figure skating olympic gold medal has been made a mockery of"

She is a Yuna hater so watch what you say unless u want negative rep
    Last edited by sk8ingcoach; 02-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Just so everyone knows, the username Maofan7 gave me negative reputation points for simply saying that the "2014 fladies figure skating olympic gold medal has been made a mockery of"

She is a Yuna hater so watch what you say unless u want negative rep
    Perhaps she was criticising your grammar?

Midori falling in the SP in Albertville was probably the worst moment for me. I had only just started watching, but I knew that finishing outside the top three in the SP was disastrous if you were a contender for gold. There have been quite a few other bad moments, though.
    Last edited by orientalplane; 02-22-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast