Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 265
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My worst moment : Michelle Kwan in SLC. I still can't watch Sarah Hughes...LOL
    And honestly, Figure Skating has dissappointed me many times since then, but tonight, it's special.
    Adelina Sotnilova as Olympic Champion, I can't. In my mind, there is no olympic Champion in 2014 ! HA !

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Living every week like it's Shark Week
    Posts
    2,177
    vCash
    4396
    Rep Power
    2061
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    I was so gutted when Sasha fell in Torino. I was convinced she was finally going to put it together when it counted.
    Eys.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,043
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I like the comment made by a poster in VM thread who said PCS should stand for"politically corrupt scoring". Well said indeed!

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,043
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Some bad moments I watched at the rink:

    2000 Worlds Obertas/Palamarchuk FS, when he dropped her on a lift, she fell on his neck and he was lying unconcious on the ice for minutes before the meds came.
    2001 Europeans when Anissina/Peizerat fell in the end of their otherwise magical FD.
    2004 Worlds and the idiot who came on the ice to disturb Kwan. The security was sooo low. Kudos to Kwan for skating well after that.
    2005 Worlds and very heartbroken Albena Denkova after they were
    2008 Worlds and Korpi bombing in the free
    2014 Olys pairs free and Aliona´s tears afterwards

    Of all the things from tv, I think Mao yesterday tops my list.

    I have to add that my "My best moments list" would ne quite long, too!
    Please don't remind me of Aliona I'm still not over it

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sleep in heavenly peace, my BH
    Posts
    11,830
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3986
    When I saw the judging panel for the ladies FS, I knew who the winner would be and I felt nauseous. I was sure there would be two Russian ladies on that podium. I was relieved when Ms. Lipnitskaia couldn't deliver that perfect FS and at least Carolina's medal was saved.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Midori going down on 3lutz in SP at 1992 olympics.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    215
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    When I saw the judging panel for the ladies FS, I knew who the winner would be and I felt nauseous. I was sure there would be two Russian ladies on that podium. I was relieved when Ms. Lipnitskaia couldn't deliver that perfect FS and at least Carolina's medal was saved.
    Agree. Except when I saw Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova SP scores, I figured the fix was probably already in. The FS judging panel underscored that feeling and of course, watching the FS scores come up as that last group skated. I think today was just about my worst moment as a skating fan. After nearly 40 years as one, I'm nearly over it, at least as far as international competitions go where Russians are involved. I've had favorites lose fair and square over the years, but that I can accept. But a dirty win is just something I don't want to witness again.

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    473
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The thing is, I told myself yesterday that I would vomit and not follow skating again if Sotnikova won. I didn't think she actually would, but she did. What an awful day.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Agree. Except when I saw Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova SP scores, I figured the fix was probably already in. The FS judging panel underscored that feeling and of course, watching the FS scores come up as that last group skated. I think today was just about my worst moment as a skating fan. After nearly 40 years as one, I'm nearly over it, at least as far as international competitions go where Russians are involved. I've had favorites lose fair and square over the years, but that I can accept. But a dirty win is just something I don't want to witness again.
    I knew it was over once I saw that 149 for Sotnikova's skate.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    790
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    584
    My worst moments were any time that Drobiazko/Vanagas got on the podium or even got near the podium. You get the idea.

  11. #91

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,280
    vCash
    289
    Rep Power
    41317
    Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this rubbish out of this thread and oh, I don't know, restrain it to the eleventy-billion threads squealing about it already?



    Anyway, I thought of a new one - watching Artur Gachinski's performances at Nice.

  12. #92
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this rubbish out of this thread and oh, I don't know, restrain it to the eleventy-billion threads squealing about it already?
    Keep it up and I will assume that this is an Olympic discussion thread.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    215
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this rubbish out of this thread and oh, I don't know, restrain it to the eleventy-billion threads squealing about it already?
    Rubbish?

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Midori going down on 3lutz in SP at 1992 olympics.
    Oh yes, I remember how much pressure Midori was under at those games.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Oh yes, I remember how much pressure Midori was under at those games.
    midori-my all time favorite skater- she brought the technicals when the other ladies could barley(sp) manage a 3/3

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Entitiled
    Posts
    5,615
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marialynn View Post
    midori-my all time favorite skater- she brought the technicals when the other ladies could barley manage a 3/3
    I absolutely loved Midori Ito, my favorite female figure skater of all time. Her jumps were magnificent, her triple axel historic, but she also had great footwork and presentation. Her SP from the 1988 Olympics is just perfection. I think it's great that she continuing to skate in ISU competitions on the adult circuit, it must be a wonderful experience for her competitors to skate on the same ice as the great Midori Ito.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,774
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    coming to the realization that figure skating isn't a sport, shouldn't be in the Olympics and that I have wasted the last 2 weeks of my life watching it

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    43
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    I absolutely loved Midori Ito, my favorite female figure skater of all time. Her jumps were magnificent, her triple axel historic, but she also had great footwork and presentation. Her SP from the 1988 Olympics is just perfection. I think it's great that she continuing to skate in ISU competitions on the adult circuit, it must be a wonderful experience for her competitors to skate on the same ice as the great Midori Ito.
    exactly- I always wondered what the other ladies thought when they saw what midori could do on the ice- they should have been ashamed

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    773
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    rollin mah eyes
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 02-21-2014 at 06:27 AM.

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    One of the worst too : Fusar-Poly & Margaglio winning the World title in 2001...OMG...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •