Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    My worst moment : Michelle Kwan in SLC. I still can't watch Sarah Hughes...LOL
    And honestly, Figure Skating has dissappointed me many times since then, but tonight, it's special.
    Adelina Sotnilova as Olympic Champion, I can't. In my mind, there is no olympic Champion in 2014 ! HA !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brina View Post
    I was so gutted when Sasha fell in Torino. I was convinced she was finally going to put it together when it counted.
    Eys.
    Sometimes I think I lost something really important to me, and it turns out I already ate it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I like the comment made by a poster in VM thread who said PCS should stand for"politically corrupt scoring". Well said indeed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Some bad moments I watched at the rink:

2000 Worlds Obertas/Palamarchuk FS, when he dropped her on a lift, she fell on his neck and he was lying unconcious on the ice for minutes before the meds came.
    2001 Europeans when Anissina/Peizerat fell in the end of their otherwise magical FD.
    2004 Worlds and the idiot who came on the ice to disturb Kwan. The security was sooo low. Kudos to Kwan for skating well after that.
    2005 Worlds and very heartbroken Albena Denkova after they were
    2008 Worlds and Korpi bombing in the free
    2014 Olys pairs free and Aliona´s tears afterwards

Of all the things from tv, I think Mao yesterday tops my list.

I have to add that my "My best moments list" would ne quite long, too!
    Please don't remind me of Aliona I'm still not over it

vCash
    When I saw the judging panel for the ladies FS, I knew who the winner would be and I felt nauseous. I was sure there would be two Russian ladies on that podium. I was relieved when Ms. Lipnitskaia couldn't deliver that perfect FS and at least Carolina's medal was saved.

vCash
    Midori going down on 3lutz in SP at 1992 olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    When I saw the judging panel for the ladies FS, I knew who the winner would be and I felt nauseous. I was sure there would be two Russian ladies on that podium. I was relieved when Ms. Lipnitskaia couldn't deliver that perfect FS and at least Carolina's medal was saved.
    Agree. Except when I saw Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova SP scores, I figured the fix was probably already in. The FS judging panel underscored that feeling and of course, watching the FS scores come up as that last group skated. I think today was just about my worst moment as a skating fan. After nearly 40 years as one, I'm nearly over it, at least as far as international competitions go where Russians are involved. I've had favorites lose fair and square over the years, but that I can accept. But a dirty win is just something I don't want to witness again.

vCash
    The thing is, I told myself yesterday that I would vomit and not follow skating again if Sotnikova won. I didn't think she actually would, but she did. What an awful day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiejie View Post
    Agree. Except when I saw Lipnitskaia and Sotnikova SP scores, I figured the fix was probably already in. The FS judging panel underscored that feeling and of course, watching the FS scores come up as that last group skated. I think today was just about my worst moment as a skating fan. After nearly 40 years as one, I'm nearly over it, at least as far as international competitions go where Russians are involved. I've had favorites lose fair and square over the years, but that I can accept. But a dirty win is just something I don't want to witness again.
    I knew it was over once I saw that 149 for Sotnikova's skate.

vCash
    My worst moments were any time that Drobiazko/Vanagas got on the podium or even got near the podium. You get the idea.

vCash
    Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this rubbish out of this thread and oh, I don't know, restrain it to the eleventy-billion threads squealing about it already?

Anyway, I thought of a new one - watching Artur Gachinski's performances at Nice.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep this rubbish out of this thread and oh, I don't know, restrain it to the eleventy-billion threads squealing about it already?
    Keep it up and I will assume that this is an Olympic discussion thread.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Rubbish?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Midori going down on 3lutz in SP at 1992 olympics.
    Oh yes, I remember how much pressure Midori was under at those games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Oh yes, I remember how much pressure Midori was under at those games.
    midori-my all time favorite skater- she brought the technicals when the other ladies could barley(sp) manage a 3/3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marialynn View Post
    midori-my all time favorite skater- she brought the technicals when the other ladies could barley manage a 3/3
    I absolutely loved Midori Ito, my favorite female figure skater of all time. Her jumps were magnificent, her triple axel historic, but she also had great footwork and presentation. Her SP from the 1988 Olympics is just perfection. I think it's great that she continuing to skate in ISU competitions on the adult circuit, it must be a wonderful experience for her competitors to skate on the same ice as the great Midori Ito.

vCash
    coming to the realization that figure skating isn't a sport, shouldn't be in the Olympics and that I have wasted the last 2 weeks of my life watching it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    I absolutely loved Midori Ito, my favorite female figure skater of all time. Her jumps were magnificent, her triple axel historic, but she also had great footwork and presentation. Her SP from the 1988 Olympics is just perfection. I think it's great that she continuing to skate in ISU competitions on the adult circuit, it must be a wonderful experience for her competitors to skate on the same ice as the great Midori Ito.
    exactly- I always wondered what the other ladies thought when they saw what midori could do on the ice- they should have been ashamed

vCash
    rollin mah eyes
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 02-21-2014 at 06:27 AM.

vCash
    One of the worst too : Fusar-Poly & Margaglio winning the World title in 2001...OMG...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast