Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No hesitation here: Michelle's triple flip in her LP in SLC

vCash
    I've had a few moments of sadness but yesterday's Mao's meltdown and placement are the most shocking for me. I've been apprehensive before the short program knowing that she will be up against a caliber of great skaters but I never fathom it being this hard of a downfall for her. My heart really goes out for her, she looked so beaten afterwards .
    Sergei's sudden death was another shocking and devastating moment as well and I remember being so sad for Katia and their little girl. I'm glad to know that Katia and Daria have rebuilt their lives and are much happier now. I hope Mao will be able to overcome the disappointment and have a successful carreer/life after this heartache. A selfish wish from my part - may be she'll rethink about retirement - may be take a year or two off then reconsider competing again in the next Olympics. She'd only be 27.
    Last edited by nguyhm; 02-20-2014 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    Realizing the scope to which Russia bought out figure skating judges and medals. Realizing that the sport is not judged fairly. Realizing that the new system is much worse than previously thought and that maturity and finesse means nothing anymore.

I am crushed.

vCash
    I'm so proud of Mao's comeback

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Realizing the scope to which Russia bought out figure skating judges and medals. Realizing that the sport is not judged fairly. Realizing that the new system is much worse than previously thought and that maturity and finesse means nothing anymore.

I am crushed.
    The Russians should be ashamed. They have tained their whole history and now people are more aware than they ever were before how much their past medals and titles, even the ones that seemed fine at the time, were probably payed for.

vCash
    I knew Russianflation was going to happen, that if a Russian was even in spitting distance of a medal they would get one, but it's still painful to watch.

It's hard to watch skaters who've worked so hard be displaced by these overnight sensations. I'm not trying to imply the Olympics should be a life time acheivement award either.

I've never wanted a figure skating event to be over so much more in my life. With the exception of a few performances, I just want to put this experience behind me. I'm really happy I decided not to go.

vCash
    The thing is Adelina two footed / stepped out on a jump, and had worse presentation and no spiral sequence and still scored almost the same as Yuna's WR in 2010.

The judges basically said the fix was in, Yuna had to go absolutely clean. And then with all of that pressure on her, she did it. She absolutely did it, and still got robbed.

It's the greatest travesty I've ever seen in any sport.

vCash
    Oksana Baiul's DUI & subsequent expulsion from the Champions On Ice tour with the necessitated rehabilitaion stint. While there has been no evidence of subsequent relapses or booze-fueled train-wreck behaviour (ala Lindsay Lohan or Amy Winehouse), neither has there been any kinda normalcy in her life since. Even sober, it seems she can not really get it together.

vCash
    I've been watching skating since 1976, and watching with a critical eye since the 80s, and I've never seen anything like this Olympics. Sickening.

vCash
    Unfortunately for Baiul she now has a money grubbing husband who is winning millions in court for her from the people who made her career.

vCash
    I have to say the travesty of the scoring in today's FS. Yuna was absolutely breathtaking. While Adelina did well, her PCS was truly beyond belief. It makes a joke out of the whole ISU. and sets figure skating back beyond 2002.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    The Russians should be ashamed. They have tained their whole history and now people are more aware than they ever were before how much their past medals and titles, even the ones that seemed fine at the time, were probably payed for.
    These Olympic games have really begun to turn me off to the entire sport. I'm now trying to just enjoy the skating and let the fixed judging be.

2nd worst moment - it was way back I was a kid. I was waiting to watch Josse Chouinard win her Cdn title post retirement. Only to see her bomb majorly with one triple in the LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I have to say the travesty of the scoring in today's FS. Yuna was absolutely breathtaking. While Adelina did well, her PCS was truly beyond belief. It makes a joke out of the whole ISU. and sets figure skating back beyond 2002.
    I think I just has my worst moment. Disgraceful judging. Adelina should have placed no better than third, and that's being overgenerous. This is one of the lowest points I have ever seen in figure skating, and I go back to the Peggy Fleming era, so I have seen it all.

vCash
    Today has been my worst moment of all time. Adelina Sotnikova winning the gold is disgusting and a complete mockery of the Olympic Gold Medal.

vCash
    I like the comment made by a poster in VM thread who said PCS should stand for"politically corrupt scoring". Well said indeed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    Unfortunately for Baiul she now has a money grubbing husband who is winning millions in court for her from the people who made her career.
    Oksana was never married. Had two much-ballyhooed engagements, one to clothing enterpreneur Gene Sunik, another to a much older businessman, both which went up in smoke. I think you mean her manager, if you're referring to the lawsuits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post

I am crushed.
    Hope you feel better soon. If it helps just blame Davis/White who are at the root of all that is evil and unjust in figure skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    Hope you feel better soon. If it helps just blame Davis/White who are at the root of all that is evil and unjust in figure skating.
    To be real here, nothing that has happened in the scoring at these games has anything to do with the skaters. It has everything to do with perceived "politically corrupt scoring". The loser in the overall scheme of things is figure skating itself. What an unmitigated travesty the judges have made of this sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    ???

My post was about the ladies event judging and the general Rusflation.

In the dance I prefer Virtue and Moir and am disappointed the system is moving away from their style and towards that of Davis and White. But that said, there are many merits to the American dance duo and I think they earned their win (even if they aren't my cup of tea). But hell I cannot justify the ladies judging here...
    Last edited by cbd1235; 02-20-2014 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    Michelle in SLC. I think I actually felt sick.. The whole event was so much worse for me when Sarah won LOL. I could have totally stomached Irina or even Sasha. Robin Wagner's face just made me want to barf.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast