Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think that Sisaundra and Kat are the only two from tonight that aren't potential fodder in the next round. I don't think I would have been eager to steal anyone.

vCash
    What was Shakira smoking???? Dani over DeShawn? That one had me and the other 3 judges scratching our heads. DeShawn should have been stolen, instead of Jake. Very questionable choices tonight.
    Last edited by moebius; 03-18-2014 at 06:23 AM.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    What was Shakira smoking???? Dani over DeShawn? That one had me and the other 3 judges scratching our heads. DeShawn should have been stolen, instead of Jake. Very questionable choices tonight.
    I guessed she'd choose Dani vs DeShawn .. the song she chose played into Dani's strengths vs DeShawn. I personally liked DeShawn better. I also really liked Blake's 17 year old country boy (can't remember his name right now). And Sisaundra appears to be in another class altogether, if she can rein in that voice.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I have to catch up with yesterday's show, but I think Shakira made a mistake with her first battle tonight. I think the guy would have gone further than the girl. I don't think she'll make it to the live shows much less make it to the finals. Shakira is a great singer and she's funny on the show, but I don't think she's a good mentor compared to the other three. Now, that I said that, she'll win. I also think there's some gamesmanship going on with the other three mentors. They often praise the weaker singer hoping that's who she'll pick because they know it weakens her team.
    Last edited by rfisher; 03-19-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yeah i preferred the guy too
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is this lindsey pagano the same person as the teen who sang "everything u r" for aol 100 yrs ago?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I like both of Usher's girls. He wins whoever he picks and I'm guessing the other will be a steal. Both sing well and are hot. Melissa and Britney. He goes with Melissa and both Adam and Shakira try to steal Britney. I hope she goes with Adam because I think he can do better for her. She agrees with me.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    yeah for me it's just preference. i would probably pick melissa but i hope brittany is stolen.

vCash
    Shakira seems to be picking a lot of female rockers. They may end up cannibalizing each other.

Usher should not have put Britnee up against Melissa. I think I would have chosen Britnee. I think Adam got the best steal so far.

Delvin was my favorite of the night.

vCash
    I always watch the first battles with an eye towards the second round. Each coach needs to keep enough fodder to insure that their best people sail through to the live shows with a "wow they're so much better than..." halo around them. They also need to weed out the contestants that will split voting. The formula is pretty simple as evidenced by Blake's 3 in a row.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think that Sisaundra and Kat are the only two from tonight that aren't potential fodder in the next round. I don't think I would have been eager to steal anyone.
    Funny, I don't like either one of them. Kat is so unpleasant to look at that it's off-putting & Sisaundra is too OTT, vocal gymnastics are not music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    I agree. I thought he would be a front-runner all season. The problem is that Usher already has R&B guys & Adam had already stolen Jake Barker & Blake had already stolen Biff Gore. Dani was very good but that song was better for her. They should have never been matched up.

vCash
    My favorite this season is Ddendyl. Sad that her battle was montaged, but the look on Lindsay Pagano's face in the short snippet kind of revealed that it might've been a disaster on her part (I've heard The Voice often montages poorly performed auditions/battles).

vCash
    nm
    Last edited by burntBREAD; 03-19-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: oops, posted twice

vCash
    A nun auditioned for the Italian version of the Voice. The judges' reactions and comments are even better than the reactions from the nun's friends. Lots of fun:

http://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/...9781.html?vp=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    A nun auditioned for the Italian version of the Voice. The judges' reactions and comments are even better than the reactions from the nun's friends. Lots of fun:

http://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/...9781.html?vp=1
    Love it and love her!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I'm looking forward to hearing more from her!

vCash
    The article about the nun implies that she did "No One" better than Alicia Keys but I think no way. She was good but not that good

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i think a lot of these singing show contestants do alicia keys better than alicia keys, based on alicia's live singing not the recording

vCash
    How did I miss the contestant named Music Box?? That's interesting.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    How did I miss the contestant named Music Box?? That's interesting.
    i was coming to post that. i think she must have auditioned as something else or i would have mocked her.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast