Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yeah the earrings were distracting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    The show stopper isn't my preference but her voice is more mature - richer sounding. Like I said not my preference but I can understand why
    Me too.

She chose Blake??!!?! I didn't see that coming.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Color me surprised too.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Her voice is so silky when she's not screaming out the high notes. But yeah, Blake??!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I thought the judges would go for the Where the Boys Are girl.
    IMO, she was better than a bunch of people who have been chosen. I think the song choice was a mistake. I'll bet none of the judges were expecting a 17 year-old. Next time, she needs to pick a song that makes her seem more contemporary.

Overall, I think there was quite a bit of fodder chosen tonight. But, there are some interesting pairings. I think Shakira might work well for Clarissa. Melissa and Usher are an interesting mix. So are Blake and Sisaundra. I can't see the twins and Usher together at all. That will be very interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    Her voice is so silky when she's not screaming out the high notes. But yeah, Blake??!
    As I saw it, she's a woman with a plan to be able to work regularly, but on her terms. I think she already knows that she's not the type that wins this sort of show. She has enough industry contacts already that she doesn't need Usher to introduce her to the soul world. Blake is the mentor with the proven track record of getting his artists out.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I don't think the 17 yr old understands song choice when it comes throwbacks. If you're not going to sing a contemporary song then you need to pick something that makes you sound current, not a hokey 60's movie theme. The Twistin' guy sounded current to me & I was surprised he didn't have more chair turns. She said she loves Patsy Cline & Loretta Lynn so her song choice was even more puzzling to me. I thought Patsy Cline would have been perfect for her voice. If she wanted a ballad why not "Sweet Dreams"?

vCash
    Perhaps she will take that advice when/if she auditions again.
    She was more promising than some of those chosen thus far.

I believe some are "selected" as "intentional" fodder for the battle rounds,

vCash
    Adam is sitting on Blake's lap now.

vCash
    I like the baseball player's voice. Usher was right about a few iffy moments but I do think he has a lot of potential. I can't quantify why but I think he would be better off with Usher than Shakira.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I liked baseball guy too.

vCash
    Let's Get it On Guy had weird dancing.

The brain surgery backstory made me tear up. I'm glad she got 3 chairs to turn. I still when Blake gets stands up and yells when the other judges turn around.
    Last edited by shan; 03-05-2014 at 01:37 AM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I liked the brain surgery girl. I was listening without watching and really liked her voice.

Oh, look. Jason Brown is singing.

vCash
    I like white guy who sounds like Usher, but looks like Blake. (love Adam's description)

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    OMG, someone singing Bonnie Raitt's Angel from Montgomery. I'll vote my fingers off for her just because.

that song is so sad and makes me cry. Blake could win with her if he picks the right songs. (Or lets her pick since she did very well with the audition).

vCash
    I love this last girl, beautiful voice.

vCash
    I often find performances disappointing when contestants sing my favorite songs. So, I was pleasantly surprised by a couple of the contestants tonight. I love "Wicked Game" and she didn't deliver a vocal as sexy as Chris Isaak's, but I still liked Emily.

"Angel from Montgomery" is a song that has been covered a lot. I like the John Prine original and his duet with Bonnie Raitt, but I loooove Bonnie Raitt's solo cover. IMO, it's hard to match her version. But, Audra definitely was my favorite of the night. She's no Bonnie Raitt and I think she played a little too much with notes and runs which took out some of the emotion, but Blake got himself a good one.

vCash
    Tuned in last night for the first time this season. Some potential there I thought

vCash
    Still DVR'ing and fast forwarding. I'm very annoyed that we get tiny clips of some people chosen, but they can spend ages on sob stories and people not picked. Show me the people chosen, not the backstories - that doesn't make me vote or buy.

Of everyone last night, I liked 'gravelly guy' the best. But, I haven't found my favorite yet this year.

I was almost named for Connie Francis, so for that one teen, it was a bizarre choice and it cost her a spot.

And I'm amused by the gamesmanship this year with the coaches, but the late chair turns are getting almost cruel.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I liked the tone of soccer guy more than most people they pick.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast