Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I enjoyed Dawn and Oats, Oaks whatever their name is.

Adam is very intense.

edited to add: Dawn and Hawkes

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Dawn and Hawkes play like they belong on my playlist. There is some amazing indie/folk on the radio right now that they can cover for this show.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    oh hello beautiful former boy bander, come sit by me

i hope a chair turns so i can see him again, although im disappointed he choose the official douche anthem of last yr
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Yeah boy band guy tried a bit too hard.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    The lack of chair turning for him chipped away at MY soul...
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I can't believe they all immediately turned for Wrecking Ball girl. (Of course I hate that song, so I may be biased. )
    I can't stand that song either, shan.

And there was a false smarmiess to the boy bander, although he be purty.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Plaid boy has a great voice. He needs better hair.

vCash
    I like the rocker guy! Didn't not see him going for Shakira though. So Blake has 0 artists so far.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    And we are transported back to the '70's. Good, but not for me now.

vCash
    Usher said that they had more 4 chair turns this season than any other season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I can't stand that song either, shan.
    The first verse reminds me of Lana del Ray. No offense to Lana but

vCash
    I have to admit I was not expecting to like the country boy after his first performance but he really did improve a lot.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I love Keith Whitley and country boy has an excellent voice. He needs a bit of a makeover, but I'd listen to him on the radio.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    That was a lovely genuine voice. (country boy) I would listen to that too.

I feel guilty but I'm so relieved that that girl didn't make it. On my TV her nose ring looked like she had a runny nose, or something hanging from her nose, and only occasionally was it distinct enough as jewelry. I couldn't watch her at all.
    Last edited by rjblue; 02-25-2014 at 02:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post

I feel guilty but I'm so relieved that that girl didn't make it. On my TV her nose ring looked like she had a runny nose, or something hanging from her nose, and only occasionally was it distinct enough as jewelry. I couldn't watch her at all.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    steamroller blues by James Taylor coming out of a 17 yo's mouth. She really needs to sing Bonnie Raitt.

vCash
    The first verse reminds me of Lana del Ray. No offense to Lana but
    Right? I'm a bit anti-Miley myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post

He had a beautiful voice but he still needs some work & he also needs to lose a little bit of the accent. (Yeah, coming from a Texan that's rich, right?) But I wouldn't be surprised if I heard him on the radio by next year.

Nose ring girl grossed me out. The country girl who looked like a rocker chick had all those piercings but they didn't bother me. She was really good. Nose ring girl was really bad & I don't think it was just nerves. I like indie girls but she sounded like she didn't have a good enough voice. The only person who got chairs turned that I wasn't impressed with was the rocker guy on Shakira's team. I think he's fodder.

I bought the R&B singer's download of A Change is Gonna Come. I don't care about the backstory but what's so bad about a daddy being away from home for a little while? It looks like he takes very good care of his kids. Plus the chair-turning is a validation that he has a legitimate voice & I imagine that is gratifying for him to know.

vCash
    I can't believe they all immediately turned for Wrecking Ball girl. (Of course I hate that song, so I may be biased. )
    You're probably going to have to get used to her. With millions of views on youtube, celebrity singing connections, and hundreds of thousands of twitter followers before the show even started, she's going to get a ton of votes, even if she's not the best singer. There's no way Adam is letting her go. She's also pretty savvy about using a backstory for sympathy. "Who inspires you?" My mom, who BTW has had breast cancer three times. Ick. Shades of Cassadee Pope.

Singing "Blurred Lines" is a sure way to turn me off. Even more than "Wrecking Ball."

Bria probably was my favorite of the night, but that might largely be because of her taste and style. Although, Dawn and Hawkes also sang the type of music I like and I wasn't as impressed. I was surprised that Bria went with Usher. But I think Usher proved with Michelle that he's pretty good at looking at who the artist is and not imposing his own sound on them. Or maybe she's smart enough to realize that Adam and Blake usually have deep teams.

vCash
    BTW I thought the Blurred Lines singer had way more potential than the rocker guy. And he was purty. I would have loved to see what one of the judges could have done with him. I think song choice did him in.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast