Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

The Voice: Winter 2014

Cee Lo Green has announced that he's giving up his judge's chair for good. (I do wonder what's up with the court case, and whether that has anything to do with it. ) He wasn't scheduled for the winter anyway, so interesting timing of the announcement.

I'd like to see two women on the panel, but I doubt they'll go for that. Hmmm...

I'm excited to see the new season start Monday.

vCash
    I'll miss Cee Lo. He had an ear for the quirky singers that were passed up by the other judges. Nicholas David and Cole Vosbury were 1 chair turns and made it to near the end. Wonder if they'll just recruit Usher for the chair or they'll keep it as a revolving door spot for a new celeb each season?

The radio gossip this morning was that he was a diva backstage and threw a lot of tantrums. Said he was going to be fired, so he quit to save face. I'll miss that little glitter ball of oddness.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    CeeLo Green’s Exit from ‘The Voice’ Done to Avoid Firing Says Insider

Green is accused of slipping ecstasy to a 33-year-old woman ecstasy while the pair was dining at a downtown Los Angeles restaurant last July of last year. He’s charged with furnishing a controlled substance, a felony charge that can land him up to four years in state prison.
    Maybe Green wanted as much free time as possible before he goes to jail.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Anyone else watching?

Coaches performing each others hits. Blake singing Hips Don't Lie was But he actually wasn't too bad.

vCash
    More vocal runs...yay.

vCash
    I can't believe they all immediately turned for Wrecking Ball girl. (Of course I hate that song, so I may be biased. )

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I can't believe they all immediately turned for Wrecking Ball girl. (Of course I hate that song, so I may be biased. )

but every contestant who sings it is almost 100% guaranteed to be so much better than the original, it's like a little artificial boost
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    True.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I think Xtina is a better coach because she's a better singer, but Shakira is more fun.

vCash
    I love Shakira pulling out the number of Twitter followers she has compared to the other 3.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont think christina is a better coach. and i dont think she arranges her songs well when left to her own devices. so technically she's a better singer, but the end result is less compelling than the sum of her parts. it's like a cop program.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Someone should do an age check on that kid. I don't think he's 16 yet.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

vCash
    I don't think this kid is going to get any votes.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't think this kid is going to get any votes.
    nor should he

he was flat and if possible, under water

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    nor should he

he was flat and if possible, under water
    How did he even get to the judges?

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Well, they have to have some no-chair turns. And he had the sympathy factor. Probably his audition tape was better, because he's losing his child's voice.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I love the blind aspect to the auditions on The Voice, but I'm feeling desensitized by the constant stream of sob story audtions.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Me too. I'm completely immune to their backstory. The only effect it has on me is potentially negative. -Like this guy- he's a wonderful singer, but with six kids he should be working a day job and being Daddy.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Me too. I'm completely immune to their backstory. The only effect it has on me is potentially negative. -Like this guy- he's a wonderful singer, but with six kids he should be working a day job and being Daddy.
    Well I didn't completely understand the "my brother saved my life" angle they were pushing.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    every single back story chips away at my soul

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast