Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    I forgot--in dance, I'm also looking forward to Papadakis/Cizeron. They are my favorite of the new senior teams, followed by Aldridge/Eaton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Rule that wearing tights over boots gives you -2 deduction.
    Can someone please explain to me why people are so anti-tights over boots? I don't have a preference either way and don't really pay attention to this when someone is skating. Why do some people dislike this so much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unchat123 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why people are so anti-tights over boots? I don't have a preference either way and don't really pay attention to this when someone is skating. Why do some people dislike this so much?
    It's just aesthetic preferences. I have no problem with it.

What I love to be a requirement, is that pairs and dancers have to have matching colored blades. Sorry, you can't be the only one with gold blades girl. I just can't get behind a pair that doesn't even take the smallest step to look like a pair.

vCash
    Looking forward to Hanyu's future. He's already ranked number one in the world and has won his OGM, so now it's about longevity. I think he's got it in him to be on top for a long time.

I'm nervous about the future of ice dance. I loved how the sport progressed over the past quad thanks to Marina's top teams. I hope that the system and the judges continue to encourage the sport to go in that direction , but now that the Russians are getting near the top and after the scoring at the Olympics, I'm worried that politics will lead the sport down a different path. I'd hate for the sport to regress. Hopefully I/K will leave Morozov as they are good, but could be even better with the right coach. I'd also like to see the Shibs become USA #1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    It's just aesthetic preferences. I have no problem with it.

What I love to be a requirement, is that pairs and dancers have to have matching colored blades. Sorry, you can't be the only one with gold blades girl. I just can't get behind a pair that doesn't even take the smallest step to look like a pair.
    I agree. I would also ban any embellishment on the skates. No flags on the heels, no red hearts (I'm looking at you, Savchenko), so silvery glitter on the back of the boots (Moore-Towers), no coloured soles (Hinzmann), etc. It's so distracting.

vCash
    Dance: Hubbell/Donohue and Shibs and Chock/Bates and Weaver/Poje and Ralph/Hill
    Men: Jason and Hanyu
    Pairs: Fedor/Ksenia and Caitlin/Hamish and Vanessa/Morgan
    Ladies: No one, not my fave discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    There are a few GIFs out there, I can actually provide a link on a day where I'm not stuck on an old iPod.
    Now I've got to see this! I am sure these two would love nothing more than beating each other (in competition, not ala Tonya-Nancy). Good for them, and US Ladies skating.

vCash
    No more major events in Russia for a long time so we dont have to witness the ridiculous scores Julia, Adelina, Stolbova & Klimov and others got here ever again. I&K to but they will probably improve enough to warrant even higher scores than they were undeservedly given here in the coming years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    No more major events in Russia for a long time so we dont have to witness the ridiculous scores Julia, Adelina, Stolbova & Klimov and others got here ever again. I&K to but they will probably improve enough to warrant even higher scores than they were undeservedly given here in the coming years.
    ITA.

I'm very interested in the trajectory of the Russian ladies. If things go as they usually go, many of them will bust before Pyeongchang, as we've seen with other deep fields in the past. Nobody has mentioned Pogorilaya, but I'd really like to see how she's doing, I became a fan after her El Choclo SP.

Also Satoko Miyahara. I know she still lacks power, ice coverage, and height on jumps, but I don't think she gets rewarded enough for what she does well. Let's hope she doesn't take the Jenny Kirk trajectory (improve her power and jump height, and thus her base marks, but a drop in consistency).

I hope Tatsuki Machida stays and continues developing because I loved East of Eden and he's been skating quite well.

vCash
    Super excited about Yuzuru Hanyu's future prospects. His sheer raw talent is absolutely staggering. I hope he develops into the next Plushenko-like-dominant male skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzig View Post
    Whoa, what happened there? I totally missed that. Is there a video somewhere?
    http://imgur.com/yLMYQSD and http://imgur.com/7X9QCpb

As promised here are the links!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Super youngsters: Nam, Roman, Eric (?), Karen, Nathan, Honda kids ++, Jin, Polina, Gaby...
    This most of all, it's so much fun watching the up and comers. Watching vids of Roman Sadovsky, hard to believe he's only 14.

vCash
    A major overhaul of CoP; Judges who are named; Post competition video clips of every skater's elements accessible to the viewer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzytalent View Post
    This. And they can keep their rude audience as well.

vCash
    Oops. Wrong thread.

vCash
    If Hanyu wins at least 3 World title in the coming years and a second Olympic medal (preferably Gold), I will consider him one of the greatest male skater ever.

vCash
    I forgot to mention Michael Martinez from the Philippines (sp?). A lot of natural talent, a diamond in the rough. I hope he gets the resources to realize his potential.

vCash
    I am looking forward to seeing greater depth in different disciplines of many countries now that a team event is a bigger part of the sport. Specifically dance and pairs in Japan, and greater support and acheivement for pairs in the U.S.

vCash
    Joshua, Jason and Max ruling the world! ...okay I'll settle for US skating. All three of them were already on the podium together this year (just like Juniors, whee!).

Brendan Kerry! I believe!

And The Return of Artur Gachinski!

...I've had way too much sugar this morning.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Gubanova will still be too young to compete in 2018.
    By 5 months. I'm already wuzrobbing (I predikt she will be my new Kostner one day ).
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast