Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyich View Post
    Yuna is so far ahead of Adelina in PCS it isn't funny. And I didn't really acknowledge anything regarding the technical score, because I criticized every single aspect of the event from the technical calls to the judging. You are the one completely missing reality. Your attitude is also atrocious. Dont bother ever replying to me again.
    What I don't understand about Adelina's PCS was how high her transition and choreography scores were. And I thought her GOE scores were too high too.
    Last edited by gk_891; 02-21-2014 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertmirsh View Post
    It is amazing a skater like Sotnikova has an OGM and a stunning skater who is superior to Sotnikova in every single way like Mao doesnt have one. Just shows how counting medals should never be the method to determining greatness.
    Mao had a very poor SP performance. She lost the PGM right there. Her LP was one for the ages, but there was no way she could jump from 16th place to 1st place when so many skaters ahead of her were skating two good to great performances. Sotnikova, although I am not her fan, skated great in both SP & LP.

As far as greatness goes, I agree with you. I would not consider Sarah Hughes or even Evan Lysacek a great skater. Yuna Kim and Mao Asada are both great, and so is Michelle Kwan, among others. We don't know yet how Adelina will do in the future. She is just 17 and only time will tell if she will become great or a flash in the pan.

vCash
    ^ That's how sports work. 100% favourites often fail to win the biggest competitions, which doesn't make them any less of great athletes. Both Michelle and Irina were far better skaters than Tara or Sarah or even Shizuka for that matter. That's why it's not fair to measure athletes by the Olympics only, the Olympics are just one competition among dozens. You have one bad day and it's over for you.

That said, I think Adelina won fair and square. Yuna's program was technically easier and PCS-wise not the best either. I think Adelina should've lost PCS to Mao and Carolina, but not Yuna.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Mao had a very poor SP performance. She lost the PGM right there.
    Not sure what you are smoking. The gold was bought for the mediocre Adelina and Russia long before the event so no way Mao was ever winning it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieschamp View Post
    Not sure what you are smoking. The gold was bought for the mediocre Adelina and Russia long before the event so no way Mao was ever winning it.
    No, it wasn't.

If anything, Julia was the proclaimed wonder child of Russia. Adelina wasn't even in the discussion, until she came out and nailed everything.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gk_891 View Post
    What I don't understand about Adelina's PCS was how high her transition and choreography scores were. And I thought her GOE scores were too high too.
    Sotnikova had infinitely more transitions than either Kim or Kostner.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    My take on this subject - a gold medal winner will not have that taken away (except in cases of cheating, doping, etc) - so it does not need to be defended. I think that's a ridiculous idea. You don't have to defend your medal, you already won it. The next competition you compete to win another, or not. It's about repeating not defending, according to what the word means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Message to all Reigning Olympic Champions: Quit while you're ahead.
    GREAT IDEA! You already won gold, therewith be content because in 4 years those coming along behind you have already figured out and trained, how to beat you the next time around. At least in figure skating with very few exceptions.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234