Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Hope this wasn't any of you... (strong language warning!). I choose to believe they have a few fans at The Onion
    Last edited by rustymuffins; 02-18-2014 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    I want them to go to Worlds to be introduced as Olympic Gold Medalists and to have their last skate be to a thunderous audience and you know the skating fans of Japan will give them a proper reception!!! And of course I just want to see them skate these wonderful programs one last time.

I wonder if Meryl will go puppy hunting in Sochi?

moving right along
    vCash
    WOW. I did not know that Charlie plays the violin. His little performance on the Today show this AM was impressive.

vCash
    His brother's a guitarist,AFAIR.

Btw, if you have comcast, the sd, fd, and separate FD performances are free On Demand. Tracy Wilson commentary. And the audio and video are decently synched, which especially the live broadcast wasn't. They'll be up until March 26.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    WOW. I did not know that Charlie plays the violin. His little performance on the Today show this AM was impressive.
    Wonder if anyone will tell them that Meryl used to play the flute. That was very impressive, I can't believe it's been three years since he played!

vCash
    Advised y'all to keep refreshing the Getty Images page; they keep adding new pix!

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...avis+and+white

EDIT: Saving my post from the previous thread...

EDIT2: Via Twitter...

Sarah and Drew ‏@SarahandDrew 15m
    .@Meryl_Davis and @CharlieaWhite's whirlwind day. http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...whirlwind-tour
    Last edited by dardar1126; 02-18-2014 at 10:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballettmaus View Post
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I remember, in 2002, A/P had said they would go to Worlds as well (coincidentially, they were in Japan, too) and ended up not going because the media frenzy was just too much and they didn't feel they had the energy to.

On a side note, it seems like Meryl and Charlie are among the first group of athletes who don't have to pay any taxes for their Olympic medals!
    A&P were almost accused of being apart of something illegal. remember that tape with that creepy guy in contact with Anissina's mother? FBI was processing the case.

That's much more serious than what is going on now with some bitter people who only take gold as an answer. And by those I dont think V&M.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    This picture...why are they so cute??

http://instagram.com/p/kkEfv7wLbg/

vCash
    FINALLY got to see the medal ceremony! Wow, everyone looked so happy there!

And gotta say it was one Olympic podium. They're all so pretty. And Meryl, wow, gorgeous. I mean, she looked prettier than Elena, which says something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post
    This picture...why are they so cute??

http://instagram.com/p/kkEfv7wLbg/
    So many comments on how they should get married

vCash
    My mom actually texted me before they skated last night (I was good and didn't ruin the surprise!) and said she hoped Charlie would propose to Meryl after they won Oh dear, my mother is a hopeless romantic. I assured her they both have gorgeous significant others and are probably very happy with just being friends

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    I had read that he played, and had seen a picture of him with a violin when he was younger. But I didn't know he was that good!

Do any of you music mavens know which piece he was playing and/or the composer? I thought it might be a Bach partita.

EDIT: Via Twitter...

Charlie White ‏@CharlieaWhite 1m
    That one time I got strong armed into playing violin on the @todayshow in Sochi! Hashtag great stories http://instagram.com/p/kk0Y0ysT76/
    Last edited by dardar1126; 02-18-2014 at 11:10 PM.

vCash
    Do you think Meryl will cut her hair? It has gotten so long!! Makes me wonder if her long hair was her "lucky charm"!

vCash
    If you're not a fan of the Bing search engine today, you should be today: http://www.bing.com/
    https://twitter.com/bing/status/4357...015936/photo/1

vCash
    That's one gorgeous medal podium there, and the skaters are pretty good looking too...
    Everyone looks although I do wish Scott & Tessa didn't have to wear those hats...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    Do you think Meryl will cut her hair? It has gotten so long!! Makes me wonder if her long hair was her "lucky charm"!
    I wouldn't be surprised. My friend cut a sizable amount of hair off for the first time in years, and she was about to cry. People can get really attached to their hair and place a lot of significance/luck to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    A&P were almost accused of being apart of something illegal. remember that tape with that creepy guy in contact with Anissina's mother? FBI was processing the case.

That's much more serious than what is going on now with some bitter people who only take gold as an answer. And by those I dont think V&M.
    That didn't happen until the end July and has nothing to do with why they didn't go to Worlds in Japan after the Olympics. They were as popular in Japan as D/W are now and they wanted to reclaim their world title and just like D/W had said right after the Olympics they would go. Then they didn't because, as I said, they realized after that whirlwind of media attention, they didn't have the energy to. (Gwendal said, if I remember correctly, something along the lines, that they wanted to enjoy their win, and they couldn't have, had they had to train.)

I was simply pointing that out because whatever D/W say now could very well change depending on what is following media wise and how they feel in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by ballettmaus; 02-18-2014 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    She could donate several inches to Locks of Love, and still have pretty long hair.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

They accept a minimum of 10 inches.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    In love with this thread title!

I so hope they skate at Worlds. Japan just loves them, and they love Japan, and it would be such a lovely gift.

I still can't believe how quickly the last four years flew by. I still feel like they just won their first world championship! Now they're Olympic champions!

(And as far as cutting hair goes, I bet Charlie can't wait for his summer cut!)

Speaking of hair, though, do you think they'll continue to dye/highlight after they retire (whenever that may be)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    She could donate several inches to Locks of Love, and still have pretty long hair.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

They accept a minimum of 10 inches.
    Apparently a lot of the hair does not go to cancer patient wigs. There is supposed to be a better charity to use if you're donating hair. It was part of Shawn White stories.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast