Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Meryl and Charlie were mentioned in the “Colbert Report”
    http://bobbymoynihans.tumblr.com/post/77249109529

And I finally saw the picture of Meryl with the lamb! Super cute…
    http://rosalinde26.tumblr.com/post/7...s-the-cuteness

Afterlife
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    Thank you. Being in Canada I never get to see this stuff if it isn't online so I really appreciate everyone who has been posting links to all the interviews.
    "I think I saw what happens next It was just a glimpse of you Like looking through a window Or a shallow sea Could you see me? And after all this time It's like nothing else we used to know After all the hangers-on are done Hanging on to the dead lights Of the afterglow" Afterlife - Arcade Fire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia2013 View Post
    Meryl and Charlie were mentioned in the “Colbert Report”

And I finally saw the picture of Meryl with the lamb! Super cute…
    http://rosalinde26.tumblr.com/post/7...s-the-cuteness
    ROTFL at the Colbert report.

And aww! at the cuteness. But isn't that a kid (baby goat)? Rather than a lamb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Dave Lease recaps Olympics Ice Dance event with Emily Tuttle (!):

http://www.theskatinglesson.com/tsls...e-dance-recap/
    Link isn't working. Looks like the site is down.

vCash
    You know you have arrived when you make the Colbert Report!!

Come on Disney, you are missing out on a goldmine here

vCash
    I don't actually know if it's a kid or a lamb. Maybe I should have just said cute baby animal?

I guess I was hoping it was a baby sheep so I can compare it to this...
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/169799848423401188/

vCash
    So glad our thread continues to be a joyful celebration of the awesomeness of Meryl and Charlie! So wonderful to read!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Nadia2013;4179949]Meryl and Charlie were mentioned in the “Colbert Report”

Omg, Stephen Colbert is one of the few reasons I miss having cable. How awesome! And even he's indirectly telling Disney to hope in the D/W pot while it's hot!

Where did the lamb/baby goat come from?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    You know you have arrived when you make the Colbert Report!!

Come on Disney, you are missing out on a goldmine here
    Seriously! MC are just begging to be turned into Disney characters... they're practically there already!

I'm also happy that this thread has been a positive place to be... I've been lurking here since... 2010, 2011 maybe, and posting since last summer. There's always something here to make me smile.

vCash
    Uh, to all the crazy people who were running around yelling the D/W's win was the result of fixed results, please take a look at the ladies results That's what funky results look like.
    Last edited by Whitneyskates; 02-20-2014 at 07:30 PM.

vCash
    Yep, so many people complaining about D/W, they've been ignoring what was going on with the Russian ladies and their higher than normal PCS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Uh, to all the crazy people who were running around yelling the D/W's was the result of fixed results, please take a look at the ladies results That's what funky results look like.
    No kidding! I think my jaw hit the floor and my server almost melted down. LOTS of unhappy fans over on the Golden Skate forums, that's for sure! Makes DW vs. VM seem like Bingo at the old folks' home by contrast.

I'll be very interested to see how the competition results in Japan next month compare to these Olympics.

vCash
    Yep, so many people complaining about D/W, they've been ignoring what was going on with the Russian ladies and their higher than normal PCS.
    Hey, maybe that was the plan all along, get everyone riled up about dance and no one will notice what goes down in the ladies event

vCash
    Uh, to all the crazy people who were running around yelling the D/W's win was the result of fixed results, please take a look at the ladies results That's what funky results look like.
    I'm actually upset that this is the Olympics Meryl and Charlie won their OGM at. I wish it was Korea and then Russia (or better yet no Russia at all). I just have so many negative feelings about this event. None of which are the skaters fault. I just...can't handle it.

vCash
    Hey, maybe that was the plan all along, get everyone riled up about dance and no one will notice what goes down in the ladies event
    LOL! I mean... c'mon, it's not like VM finished third or off the podium or something truly scandalous. The results were pretty much what they've been for the past couple of seasons.

I would've put PB over IK for the bronze, though, but with their draw order for the FD, that was pretty much never going to happen.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    TWoP (Television Without Pity) presents: The Breakout Stars of the Olympics

(several skaters in this photo gallery)

vCash
    The thing is though, is this really surprising to anyone at this point? There was some questionable scores going on all YEAR for Russian skaters, let alone the Olympics. But I could really see this coming after the Russian mens hockey team lost. Frankly, I would have been more shocked had Yulia or Adelina NOT won.
    Feel sad for Carolina and Yuna.

vCash
    All things considered, the response of the crowd to Meryl and Charlie wasn't that bad. It was so much worse during Mao's SP, I can't even start to describe it. The biggest problem with the audience is that most real figure skating fans couldn't afford it financially make it to Sochi. Things would be completely different in Moscow or St.Petersburg.
    Here we had a bunch of hockey fans who were coming to look at the pretty girls and locals who wanted to watch Olympic event and have never seen figure skating before. They were unreally loud during Russian skaters and did more damage than help for them. It was terrible during Julia's skate today, I feel sorry for her. She really couldn't handle such pressure.
    It was really the worst figure skating audience ever. I feel sick and ashamed.

vCash
    Hi all!
    I've been a fan for years but a very quite one (for no reason lol). I mean that I'm not a super active forum member but I'm a huge supporter of Meryl and Charlie. Their win has really added some light to these overal gloomy days to me.
    Anyways, that's what I saw on Lindsay Vonn's page: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152233936243007 It's sad that apperently even with the number of wins they are still unrecognizable to many fans but if Evan (and single skaters-champions have always been popular) is confused for Michael Phelps then, I guess, we shouldn't be offended too much)
    I hope various interview, photoshoots and all that inevitable glamour will help Meryl and Charlie to get some recognition they deserve tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    All things considered, the response of the crowd to Meryl and Charlie wasn't that bad. It was so much worse during Mao's SP, I can't even start to describe it. The biggest problem with the audience is that most real figure skating fans couldn't afford it financially make it to Sochi. Things would be completely different in Moscow or St.Petersburg.
    Here we had a bunch of hockey fans who were coming to look at the pretty girls and locals who wanted to watch Olympic event and have never seen figure skating before. They were unreally loud during Russian skaters and did more damage than help for them. It was terrible during Julia's skate today, I feel sorry for her. She really couldn't handle such pressure.
    It was really the worst figure skating audience ever. I feel sick and ashamed.

Yeah, the most disappointing thing about these Olympics for me has been the lack of enthusiasm from the crowds for all but their own. They acted like they were at a funeral most times until a Russian skater stepped on the ice and only then did they come alive. I heard an announcer say that when Plushenko had to pull out, many in the audience got up and left! Gee, way to support all the skaters people!

I bet the IOC will be loathe to give another Olympic games to Russia anytime soon.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast